XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS

I hate to "burst the bubble"...........

But....

This trade is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

While Im at it....

Tampa is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN either!!!!!

Stop it already.

Thank you.

PS: Yes Im Nick Saban and I do have a crystal ball.

HVACservice said:

But....

While Im at it....

Stop it already.

Thank you.

Hey Saban, who will we draft then?

:tongue:

DolfanDaveInATX said:
XTRA is 690, not 570.

No...it isn't. you are about 5 months late friend. They changed that long ago in the Riverside area where I live....about 2 hours north of SD...

BTW Dolfans......

Just because it was reported they are discussing a trade doesnt mean it will happen. It also doesnt mean the report is bogus. I'm sure lots of trade discussions take place when a team announces it is interested in trading back from #2 overall.

This trade would be a great cap value move for us. Rivers would be very affordable. Maybe thats why we werent asking for more? I still think I like the idea of the Bucs trade better, but my hunch is that TB really wants an RB, not a QB.

Martel said:
Is anyone else tired of reading the "guarantees" and "trust me" comments on this site? Did I mention that Rivers throws like a big, 6'5, playing in the NFL, girl?

Is there something wrong with that? Seems like a sexist remark to me.

HVACservice said:

But....

While Im at it....

Stop it already.

Thank you.

Thanks for that! It's always great to know what we will and will not do.

Ps - We're not drafting Edwards either.
(I don't really believe that but realize if I say it the odds are in my favor)

DOLFANMIKE said:
Tonight on XTRA 570 in San Diego it was reprted that Miami may trade Patrick Surtain and our #2 pick overall for QB Phillip Rivers and San Diego's top 1st Round pick (#12 overall I believe it said). Supposedly the chargers really want WR Braylon Edwards and are willing to take the cap hit on Rivers to get him and Surtain.

Personally I think I'd also want a 2nd rounder next year for that trade to work for me.
I agree with the trade but a 2nd (2005):evil: should also be part of the trade because Rivers is not a proven QB in the NFL. Surtain is a Pro Bowler:evil:

do it!

According to "the sheet" which every NFL uses for draft day trades and value. For Tampa to move from #5 to #2, they need to part with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. So, giving up Surtain for Rivers (more long-range potential for Miami) and we would drop 10 spots (still could get a RB probably). This trade is a must for Miami

If San Diego throws in another pick, like their late 2nd it would be a good deal.

At 12 most probably Cedric Benson is likely to be available the way things are shaping up. Either him, one of the top 3 CBs, I really doubt Merriman I think he'll go to Minnesota and become their RDE, Spears might or might not, and probably the worst possibility would be Thomas Davis.

Jaj said:
If San Diego throws in another pick, like their late 2nd it would be a good deal.

At 12 most probably Cedric Benson is likely to be available the way things are shaping up. Either him, one of the top 3 CBs, I really doubt Merriman I think he'll go to Minnesota and become their RDE, Spears might or might not, and probably the worst possibility would be Thomas Davis.

If we take a CB in round 1, Saban's stay in Miami will be very very very VERY short.

MikeO said:
If we take a CB in round 1, Saban's stay in Miami will be very very very VERY short.

No actually I don't think it would be since Pac-Man will be gone by then. Taking Rolle or Rogers would be smart since they can both play FS.

Jaj said:
No actually I don't think it would be since Pac-Man will be gone by then. Taking Rolle or Rogers would be smart since they can both play FS.

We don't need secondary help. We can't score any friggin points. That is why we have not made the playoffs for 3 years! Enough with the defense, get some guys who will help us score some points!

That's great that's what we did every single year. We tried a quick fix at every position. You draft for the future. Go see what New England did.

Back
Top Bottom