Yahoo: Secret Life Of Nfl Scouts (miami Dolphins Behind The Scenes) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo: Secret Life Of Nfl Scouts (miami Dolphins Behind The Scenes)

Having just read the entire thing, I cant help but wonder what information you fear other teams picking up? Tannebaum's fondness for spinach dip? That Grier prefers Coke to Pepsi?

Theres some nice info for hard core fans, but its mostly a harmless fluff piece hyping up NFL scouting
Ya, this is a kudos to the scouting staff more than anything. I did find it interesting that they reference old scouting reports when looking into trades, I never thought of that. I also found it interesting that Gase was the easiest to work for due to the aligned vision.

Also, it confirms I would never want to be a scout lol.

I’m friends with a former GM and scout and he told me that joe Philbin told him at the combine in Indy last year that Tannehill is a finger pointer in the locker room. “Thinks his **** doesn’t stink.”

I support Tannehill So I hope philbin is just being a prick.

When Ryan Tannehill spoke up during an offensive meeting and suggested using backs and ends to chip to help out the tackles during Miami's disastrous 2013 OL trainwreck, Joe told him to sit down and shut up, because Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have ever suggested that.

I take anything Joe Philbin has to say about his former quarterback with a grain of salt. I'm sure in a couple of years he'll be blaming Andrew Luck for falling on his shoulder wrong, too.

I’m friends with a former GM and scout and he told me that joe Philbin told him at the combine in Indy last year that Tannehill is a finger pointer in the locker room. “Thinks his **** doesn’t stink.”

Philbin is the quintessential self-serving POS. Don't forget that he needed to be threatened with his own job before he agreed to fire his butt buddy Sherman, and even then, kept Mike's unqualified SIL in place developing Tannehill, our most important fresh resource. That's putting the team first, right? LOL

Again, the conversation Chambers had with a former starter which he shared in the VIP section was an eye-opener in terms of what a detriment to the team he really was. And of course being fittingly demoted 2 levels, I'm sure he was also deflecting blame for his putrid OL putting Luck on IR.

Sorry to derail the topic, I guess.

I think it's always neat to get an inside look at how the team looks at specific players. In this case you can easily see the trend with all of these players. Speed, intelligence, leadership.

Really interesting comment by Chris Grier that he would never draft a player that the coach didn't want. While this may seem obvious, it seems to happen too often across the NFL where a coach is not on board with a particular player and he effectively gets shut out in a decision.
While Grier's comment was made pertaining to the Draft, one could surmise that it also applies to other players acquired by the team. An example like Rex Ryan refusing to play Tim Tebow, comes to mind where the GM and Head Coach were clearly not on the same page.
Grier comes across as a low profile GM (which is not a bad thing) but what I really like is that he seems to try very hard to be on the same page as our coach. This is in stark contrast to the power struggles between Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin (with Dawn Aponte venturing in on Joe's side) that existed in the past.

I think it’s safe to say that the next time Joe Philbin knows what’s going on in a locker room will be the first time.

the last 5 parts were posted and man I'm excited to see how much better the D will be. (won't be hard)

Not saying that isn't true, but I find it very hard to believe. First of all absolutely nothing we see about his character would suggest that, and 2nd if that was the case I'd think a player or former player would have opened his mouth about it by now.

Back
Top Bottom