Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
9. Miami Dolphins – Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame. The Dolphins still are without a head coach, and rumors have swirled that they might change the front office once again as well. One move that would make sense no matter what is for Miami finally to get a long-term answer at quarterback. Enter Quinn, who could slide down a few picks more than expected similar to Matt Leinart's drop a year ago. And remember the last time the Dolphins found a franchise QB through the draft? He also was an experienced college quarterback who fell down the draft board for various reasons: Dan Marino. Quinn would start the season as a backup to either Daunte Culpepper or Joey Harrington and would be ready to step into the starting role as early as 2008. The potential for Quinn to slide comes from his ineffectiveness in big games, the number of juniors entering the draft and the need for several teams in front of the Dolphins to find a quick-fix player. Miami was a close evaluator of Jay Cutler leading up to last year's draft and now again sits in prime position to solidify the quarterback position. The Dolphins' needs along the offensive line are likely to be addressed in free agency, as are their needs at defensive tackle and safety. Quinn is a good fit for their marketplace, too, because he has a big name but the type of maturity and character to handle the South Beach lifestyle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...B?slug=jm-mockdraft011807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I found this a bit interesting. :wink:

I must admit, I would be less skeptikal of the HC if he took a QB in the first. Its about time.
I dont think he falls to 9 though

If that means Mare gets the boot for his #10, I'm all for it! :lol:

I just read somewhere that Reggie Nelson is a huge project, not worth the risk imo :refuse:

:sidelol:

Yeah, stay away from those underclassmen!

I just read somewhere that Reggie Nelson is a huge project, not worth the risk imo :refuse:
Nelson is a huge reach at #9. Also, why would we draft a Safety if we already got a good "project" prospect in Jason Allen, one that is athletically gifted enough to be the next Polamalu? Some people here amaze me. :shakeno:

Nelson is a huge reach at #9. Also, why would we draft a Safety if we already got a good "project" prospect in Jason Allen, one that is athletically gifted enough to be the next Polamalu? Some people here amaze me. :shakeno:

No doubt

Very interesting mock, I think its pretty good overall. I think Quinn does have a good shot at sliding to us. Most of the teams in front of us dont need QB as an immediate need, so the question will be whether they go for the instant upgrade of another position, or will they not be able to pass on a franchise QB.
If he can get past Detroit he stands a good shot of being in a Phin uni. If we pass on him the entire staff should be instantly fired.

The big reaches for this mock were Anderson at #2. Its certainly possible, DEs have gone very high in the past, but passing on both Quinn and Thomas is bold prediction to put it mildly. I was most skeptical of the Reggie Nelson at #8. He seems like a solid player, but kind of in a fad phase atm that might not have the staying power of someone like JaMarcus.
Still, I enjoy seeing Quinns name there a whole helluva lot more than Leon Halls.

Back
Top Bottom