Yahoo Sports Picks Brady Quinn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo Sports Picks Brady Quinn

The Vikings said they might take a QB in round 1. I would be very surprised to see Quinn still on the board following the Texans and Vikings picks.

While it is possible the Vikings may draft a QB with their 1st round pick, it's also very possible this is a smokescreen to make teams consider trading up with them.

I'm pretty sure it's the same mock that was posted before actually. Unless Yahoo is doing new mocks every week.

Haha even better. They should seriously make a sticky for the most discussed players (i.e. Quinn, Ginn) so we can all get our thoughts down in one place and not make the same arguments every other day.

^ that is actually not a bad idea.

The Vikings said they might take a QB in round 1. I would be very surprised to see Quinn still on the board following the Texans and Vikings picks.

That seems like a smokescreen. They have Tavaris Jackson, why spend a high pick on a QB after you already did so the previous year?

I'm pretty sure it's the same mock that was posted before actually. Unless Yahoo is doing new mocks every week.

I think this is a different yahoo writer mock, because the date said 2/08 I thought.

That seems like a smokescreen. They have Tavaris Jackson, why spend a high pick on a QB after you already did so the previous year?

2nd rd on Feeley 2004
6th rd on Lemon 2005
2nd rd on Culpepper 2006
5th rd on Harrington 2007

Why 1st round on QB in 2007 too, after doing so the previous year? :wink:

BTW, I'm all for Quinn at 9 if he's there. But I don't plan on him being there. I want Brown/Adams/Nelson/Landry

Stitches said:
BTW, I'm all for Quinn at 9 if he's there. But I don't plan on him being there. I want Brown/Adams/Nelson/Landry

:yeahthat: ....Agreed, If no Quinn, I'm liking Adams if he's still on the board at our pick.

I want Quinn but this is a terrible mock. It has Lynch going before Peterson and Dwayne Jarrett slipping out of the 1st round. Come on now.

While fans have perceived brady quinn's value dropping, i can guarantee (ok, i can't technically guarantee it... but you get what I'm saying) gms and scouts don't agree.

He is smart, makes good decisions, manages games well, and has the athleticism, arm, and vision to make for a good pro qb. He wasn't surrounded with talent, but turned notre dame into a title contender. He's been coached by charlie weiss, and is a great leader. He is mature. He has no off-the-field issues. No injury issues. He would be a role-model and an outstanding citizen (think this doesn't matter? Ask cincy :)

IF brady slid to us at nine I would be some combination of shocked and ecstatic. The only knock on him is that he couldn't carry notre dame past some of the very best programs in the country. Put peyton at the helm in oakland and see if he can take down the pats. Brady quinn is getting a lot of flak for jamarcus russel and a far superior LSU program dominating notre dame in one, albeit an important one, game. If this causes him to slide... great!! Their loss is our gain. I would still be shocked. IMO, Brady Quinn should be oakland's pick, but I don't think he will be :)

If you don't have a quarterback, and there is a "franchise" prospect in the draft available to you, you don't have any other needs. Although I could see a situation where Cleveland takes Thomas, you cannot pass up a franchise qb prospect for any other player as a general rule. If Quinn is there when Cleveland, Houston, or Minnesota drafts, he's coming off the board. I cannot imagine a scenario where a quarterback needy team passes on Quinn. Drafting a quarterback helps take the heat off of a general manager that might be on shaky ground, even if the guy can't play, he'll still get a few years to prove it, and right now, GM Phil Savage, envisioned as a savior two years ago, is taking some flak in Cleveland. I can see scenarios where the Fins, Vikings, Texans, or maybe a couple teams lower in the draft who need a quarterback could try to jump ahead of Houston if Quinn is still available. The real wildcard is Detroit, everyone says they won't take a quarterback, but they should. I just don't see any possibility of Quinn making it to us.

At lot of people probably didn't see the possibility of Cutler and Leinart making it past the raiders and lions last year. I personally don't see Quinn sliding all the way to us, but it is certainly possible.

Exactly, i was just going to say that. MIN has Jackson, they wont draft another QB, especially with their first pick so i dont think anyone has to worry about them taking a QB first.

Back
Top Bottom