Yahoo Sports Picks Brady Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo Sports Picks Brady Quinn

Mel Kiper On Nfl Live Yesterday Said Miami Will Pick Brady Quinn For The 9th Pick In The Draft Some News For All Dolphins Fans ....mel Kiper Said Quinn Will Slip To #9 Like Matt Leinart Did...

4th round, 6th round or even 7th round
Check this guy out ZAC Taylor from nebraska he is good

Drew Stanton will be a 2nd round pick(likely, and at worst), how do you suppose we draft him in the 4th, 6th, or even 7th round?

Check this guy out Luke Getsy from Akron he is good. :tongue:

The Vikings said they might take a QB in round 1. I would be very surprised to see Quinn still on the board following the Texans and Vikings picks.

Vikings | Childress leaves door open for rookie QB
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:42:40 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/195">Kevin Seifert, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress retracted an earlier comment that suggested the club would not invest a first-round draft choice on a quarterback in this year's NFL Draft.

But i think they will look at the wr position

Quinn isn't getting past Cleveland

and if he does, he's not getting past Houston, or Minnesota. Whatever Brad Childress says in public is of absolutely no consequence. If they said they weren't going to draft a quarterback I'd be convinced they were going to draft one. They have nothing remotely like a franchise QB in Minnesota, and if you don't have one, you don't have anything. If Houston trades Carr, they need a body at the position, and a good, young promising one. Kubiak comes out of that Bronco system that views every part as interchangeable, except the quarterback.

I've seen a few mock drafts that have the Browns taking Adrian Peterson and I just don't get it? Peterson has major injury concerns, and a quality running back can be acquired just about anywhere in the draft. Maurice Jones-Drew was a second-round pick. Frank Gore was a third-round pick. Running back is usually one of the last pieces a team acquires before their window to contend opens. The Browns aren't anywhere near contention--they have a dreadful offensive line, poor quarterback play, and erratic skill position players. To say nothing of the defensive woes. If any franchise is snake bit, it is the Browns--the severity of injuries their draft picks and expensive free agent acquisitions have suffered is almost bizarre. It's been an uninterrupted parade of headcases and bad injuries. The Browns didn't fire Crennel this year, because they have every intention of hiring Bill Cowher next year.

and if he does, he's not getting past Houston, or Minnesota. Whatever Brad Childress says in public is of absolutely no consequence. If they said they weren't going to draft a quarterback I'd be convinced they were going to draft one. They have nothing remotely like a franchise QB in Minnesota, and if you don't have one, you don't have anything. If Houston trades Carr, they need a body at the position, and a good, young promising one. Kubiak comes out of that Bronco system that views every part as interchangeable, except the quarterback.

I've seen a few mock drafts that have the Browns taking Adrian Peterson and I just don't get it? Peterson has major injury concerns, and a quality running back can be acquired just about anywhere in the draft. Maurice Jones-Drew was a second-round pick. Frank Gore was a third-round pick. Running back is usually one of the last pieces a team acquires before their window to contend opens. The Browns aren't anywhere near contention--they have a dreadful offensive line, poor quarterback play, and erratic skill position players. To say nothing of the defensive woes. If any franchise is snake bit, it is the Browns--the severity of injuries their draft picks and expensive free agent acquisitions have suffered is almost bizarre. It's been an uninterrupted parade of headcases and bad injuries. The Browns didn't fire Crennel this year, because they have every intention of hiring Bill Cowher next year.

Aside from Peterson having major injury concerns, and the Bill Cowher comment, this is a great analysis of the Browns. That's why they can go anywhere on draft day, whether Branch, Thomas, Quinn, whomever.

The possibility of Brady Quinn falling is there. Minnesota, Houston, Oakland, and Cleveland seem like the best possibilities for drafting a QB. Minnesota has other gaps to fill--pass rushing DE, playmaking WR, and DB help. Houston could sign Jake Plummer, and Oakland could trade for a QB and draft Calvin Johnson. Cleveland has Charlie Frye, but is that there guy?

Alot of things could happen. I think we will be prepared to select Quinn if he drops. There are so many wholes in that mock draft. No way Lynch is selected ahead of Peterson, or Landry drops that far, or Joe Thomas drops to #5. The Bucs, Browns, and Lions would all love to get their hands on a LT like Thomas. Again, anything could happen. I'll be interested to see the mock's after the combine.

First of all, all these mocks picking Quinn for the Phins is telling me there is no way in the world it's going to happen. I would love, LOVE Brady Quinn at 9, but anyone remember last year around this time? A plethora of mocks had Jay Cutler going 16 to Miami. This is starting to remind me of then.

Second of all, IMO, this is the worst mock draft I've ever seen. Mind you, this far away, any mock is plausible.

the more i think about it i seeing brady quinn in a phins uniform wich should make about 75 % of phins fan happy..

Re:

The possibility of Brady Quinn falling is there. Minnesota, Houston, Oakland, and Cleveland seem like the best possibilities for drafting a QB. Minnesota has other gaps to fill--pass rushing DE, playmaking WR, and DB help. Houston could sign Jake Plummer, and Oakland could trade for a QB and draft Calvin Johnson. Cleveland has Charlie Frye, but is that there guy?

Alot of things could happen. I think we will be prepared to select Quinn if he drops. There are so many wholes in that mock draft. No way Lynch is selected ahead of Peterson, or Landry drops that far, or Joe Thomas drops to #5. The Bucs, Browns, and Lions would all love to get their hands on a LT like Thomas. Again, anything could happen. I'll be interested to see the mock's after the combine.

If you don't have a quarterback, and there is a "franchise" prospect in the draft available to you, you don't have any other needs. Although I could see a situation where Cleveland takes Thomas, you cannot pass up a franchise qb prospect for any other player as a general rule. If Quinn is there when Cleveland, Houston, or Minnesota drafts, he's coming off the board. I cannot imagine a scenario where a quarterback needy team passes on Quinn. Drafting a quarterback helps take the heat off of a general manager that might be on shaky ground, even if the guy can't play, he'll still get a few years to prove it, and right now, GM Phil Savage, envisioned as a savior two years ago, is taking some flak in Cleveland. I can see scenarios where the Fins, Vikings, Texans, or maybe a couple teams lower in the draft who need a quarterback could try to jump ahead of Houston if Quinn is still available. The real wildcard is Detroit, everyone says they won't take a quarterback, but they should. I just don't see any possibility of Quinn making it to us.

Back
Top Bottom