Yankee like move for the Phins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yankee like move for the Phins?

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Can we pull a Steinbrenner like move and grab Brunell from Washington. It seems in the sports world more and more times a trade is immenant then immediatly goes south and another team grabs the player. Wouldn't it be great to be on the Grabber vs Grabbee side? If not who should start next year?

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Can we pull a Steinbrenner like move and grab Brunell from Washington. It seems in the sports world more and more times a trade is immenant then immediatly goes south and another team grabs the player. Wouldn't it be great to be on the Grabber vs Grabbee side? If not who should start next year?

We should not over pay for Brunell. If he was a young QB I'd say go for it, but he's old. He's worth trading for within reason, and even paying him a good amount of $, but not what the Redskins are planning on doing. If they make that move it will hurt them. They continue to make all these FA moves year after year and it gets them no where. You would think by now they'd learn.

Oliver...

No, We can not have a 200 million dollar pay-roll like the stinkin' Yankees.

Brunell's value will drop in time. Washington will get tired of bidding against itself.

The Dolphins would be dumb to try to outbid the Redskins. The Redskins are already offering Brunell way too much. I think we need to improve the QB position, but I would rather keep Fiedler and draft/trade for a QB for the future than overpay for Brunell.

Steinbrenner blows, and so does Brunell.

I agree we dont want to pay anything near 20 mil. However all the "details" out of washington seem off. I think something, may it be $$, Ramsey, starting position, Brunell's desire to be in Fla etc, will throw a monkey in the wrench. I just want to be there to pick up the pieces and swoop in to grab him when he slips through the munchkins fingers (snyder).:lol:

I think Dallas may pull a yankees on Washington though. Jones seems real interested in Brunell, and Parcells may just go for it to have some experience in there.

If we were to pull a blockbuster trade like that, then we should do it to get peyton manning, but i do see that happening anytime soon,

and i think if we should try very hard to get ramsey or jeff garcia, preferalbly jeff or we should just get rivers like i have been saying all along.

A steinbrenner move would be like us getting Michael Vick.. i know im just dreaming, but is a hell of a dream.. imagin Vick, Williams, and chambers and mcmichael..

Originally posted by dolfan34
If we were to pull a blockbuster trade like that, then we should do it to get peyton manning, but i do see that happening anytime soon,

and i think if we should try very hard to get ramsey or jeff garcia, preferalbly jeff or we should just get rivers like i have been saying all along.

No to Garcia, the reason he is out in SF is b/c he cant go deep. Thats a prob.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
A steinbrenner move would be like us getting Michael Vick.. i know im just dreaming, but is a hell of a dream.. imagin Vick, Williams, and chambers and mcmichael..

I'm one of those who is still unimpressed with Vick. I could care less about him. Just get us a quality QB who can get us wins, Ramsey, Rivers, Brunell, etc, just get us a QB that can play consistently.

How could u be unimpressed with Vick, the kid has major skills, and can help a team alot.. He took his team to the playoffs two years ago when he was healthy and he had no great supporting cast of team.. He can beat u with the throw, and can definitely beat u with the run. People would have to focus the run of Vick and Ricky and also the deep routes to chambers and mcmichael.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
imagin Vick, Williams, and chambers and mcmichael..
They wouldnt be able to take us to the playoffs without an upgraded O-Line.

I want to see Rivers starting for us next year....

Back
Top Bottom