Yankees 2006 Schedule is out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yankees 2006 Schedule is out

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Open up out west with Oak and LAA. Come home for 3 with KC then back on the road for 5 more. Only 3 of the first 11 are at home.

Don't play Boston the first time until May. Yet play them 8 times in May total (which is insane beyond belief and someone should be shot for putting this together).

Interleague is Home and Home with Mets. AT Wash and Philly. HOME vs Atlanta and Florida.

From June 9th till October 1st (end of season) NYY and Boston only play 7 games vs each other. (so, if Boston or NY get ahead of each other early with a healthy lead, not a lot of head to head games to catch up ground)

Only 2 off days for the Yanks in the entire month of September. End the season with 29 games in 31 days.

Yankees end the season with 6 at home.

Sox Sept. is brutal with series against KC(3) and TB(2) all our other games our against tough teams..

So Yanks will play Marlins in NY? But not in Florida? Damn....would have been good to watch, I would have went to at least one game in that series.

Prime Time said:
So Yanks will play Marlins in NY? But not in Florida? Damn....would have been good to watch, I would have went to at least one game in that series.

Probably only games the Marlins would have sold out all year.

MikeO said:
Probably only games the Marlins would have sold out all year.

Exactly. Would have helped out with the money. Lotta Yankee Fans down here...it would have sold as much as the WS did IMO...

Prime Time said:

The Red Sox make the trip to South Florida for 3 games in late June/early July. Should be an interesting series with the recent trade, especially if Beckett is on the mound...

FaninPatsyLand said:
The Red Sox make the trip to South Florida for 3 games in late June/early July. Should be an interesting series with the recent trade, especially if Beckett is on the mound...

If the Marlins fans have any brains they show up those games and cheer the SOX! A big middle finger to the Marlins managment.

MikeO said:
If the Marlins fans have any brains they show up those games and cheer the SOX! A big middle finger to the Marlins managment.

Why? They got some good prospects in the deal, in fact one of them will be playing SS in that series. And considering Beckett has only won over 9 games once for the Marlins the fans shouldn't care right? ;)

I'm sure that most of the people that will be at the game will be Red Sox fans though. Not a knock on Marlins' fans but it's near impossible to get Red Sox tickets so fans follow the team no matter where they go. That's why when the Red Sox played the Blue Jays the Roger Center was called "Fenway North" and when the Sox were in Baltimore they played at "Fenway South". Or when I was in Chicago last June for the Cub/Sox series I saw more Red Sox shirts and hats that I thought I was in Boston.

MikeO said:

Why? This management spent and spent and spent and people still didn't show up. The big middle finger needs to go to the politicians who contributed money to the Heat twice, the Panthers, the Magic, the Buccaneers, the Lightning, and the Jaguars, whose stadiums/arenas all had public help. But not the Marlins...this is not management's fault, at least not this management's. They've done a fantastic job, and there has not been one ounce of blame from writers or the fanbase as a whole put on them.

RWhitney014 said:
Why? This management spent and spent and spent and people still didn't show up. The big middle finger needs to go to the politicians who contributed money to the Heat twice, the Panthers, the Magic, the Buccaneers, the Lightning, and the Jaguars, whose stadiums/arenas all had public help. But not the Marlins...this is not management's fault, at least not this management's. They've done a fantastic job, and there has not been one ounce of blame from writers or the fanbase as a whole put on them.

WHY??????? One year they are signing Carlos Delgado to a huge money deal telling fans they are trying to win the world series.

Less than 365 days later they trade Delgado and everyone else off and pretty much tell the fans we aren't trying to win.

How you give management a free pass is beyond me.

To MikeO:

I have a serious question for you. I was just wondering why you hate the Marlins so much. It seems like you really want to get rid of them for good. Have them move out of Miami or MLB just get rid of them for good. I'm just curious why you hate them so much? I mean I could understand if the Marlins were in the AL East and really always beat up the Yankees or something, I dunno. Anyway I hope you don't take this as me ripping you or anything like that because it's not what I intended like I said I'm just curious. Free feel to respond here or a PM or whatever.

MikeO said:
WHY??????? One year they are signing Carlos Delgado to a huge money deal telling fans they are trying to win the world series.

Less than 365 days later they trade Delgado and everyone else off and pretty much tell the fans we aren't trying to win.

How you give management a free pass is beyond me.

Yeah, they tried the big money route to entice fans, and they still didn't show up. Put yourself in Loria's shoes. You've spent money, you've won World Championships, you've proven you're willing to win, and you're still losing millions of dollars annually. What do you do? Probably the same thing. And guess what, the Marlins have a very bright future, wherever they play.

Back
Top Bottom