Yanks, Mets, Angels all have inside track for Gagne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks, Mets, Angels all have inside track for Gagne

Gagne = damaged goods. :unsure:
Youd rather keep Gordon or Alfonseca or Myers in that role? If I was a Philly fan (thank god im not LOL) Id have no question about going after him given my alternatives. :tongue:

Youd rather keep Gordon or Alfonseca or Myers in that role? If I was a Philly fan (thank god im not LOL) Id have no question about going after him given my alternatives. :tongue:

I am hoping Gordon gets back in the lineup. Alfonseca is hot and cold, Yoel Hernandez and Geary stink, Madson is up and down. I just don't want to give Gagne big $$$ and then have his arm snap again. :rolleyes2

I am hoping Gordon gets back in the lineup. Alfonseca is hot and cold, Yoel Hernandez and Geary stink, Madson is up and down. I just don't want to give Gagne big $$$ and then have his arm snap again. :rolleyes2
hes a Fa at years end so theres minimal risk involved. I hear ya on the injury concern but look at what you got there now? Nothing special anyway. Lets put it this way. If the mets had that group, Id be pretty happy if they went out and got a guy who when healthy is a dominant closer....

God knows Tribe needs bullpen help, but his fragility scares me. I would still like Tribe to take a chance on him. He would really stabilize our up and down bullpen.

I think it all depends on how much he is going to cost in a trade. If he is inexpensive, then he is probably worth the gamble. Just two years ago he was one of the top 3 closers in the game...

His injury makes me nervous, but like I said for the right price...

I'm a huge Gagne fan. He's pitched very well this year (only given up 1 run I believe on a 12 pitch at bat against Dustin Pedroia). He doesn't have a lot of saves only because Texas stinks. He's definitely worth the gamble but my money says he ends up in either Detroit or Cleveland, so he can close out games for them. I'm not sure he'd be happy in the set up role. Well see.

I'm a huge Gagne fan. He's pitched very well this year (only given up 1 run I believe on a 12 pitch at bat against Dustin Pedroia). He doesn't have a lot of saves only because Texas stinks. He's definitely worth the gamble but my money says he ends up in either Detroit or Cleveland, so he can close out games for them. I'm not sure he'd be happy in the set up role. Well see.
If Tribe lands Gagne, he is definitely the closer. Though Borowski has coverted 20/22 saves, when he blows games, he does it in a grand fashion. I'm sure Borowski would graciously accept the set-up role (the role he was to assume had Foulke not suddenly retired). C'mon Shapiro, take a chance and bring on Gagne before the Tigers do

Why would he really wanna go to Detroit? Todd Jones has done a good job (not great). I can't see him setting up for the Angels or Yankees.

If Tribe lands Gagne, he is definitely the closer. Though Borowski has coverted 20/22 saves, when he blows games, he does it in a grand fashion. I'm sure Borowski would graciously accept the set-up role (the role he was to assume had Foulke not suddenly retired). C'mon Shapiro, take a chance and bring on Gagne before the Tigers do

A healthy Gagne would put both teams over the top. I think Cleveland needs him more because the Tigers have Zumaya returning in August and Rodney to save games if Jones keeps up his slumping. I'm sure both teams will try their best to land him assuming the price tag isn't crazy. There's not many big names out their for bullpen help.

Why would he really wanna go to Detroit? Todd Jones has done a good job (not great). I can't see him setting up for the Angels or Yankees.

If Gagne goes to Detriot he'd be the closer. Jones has been god awful the past month and if Rodney or Zumaya are back they'd probably get a chance to take over the role.

Also if you're the Tigers do you really trust Jones? I know he got them to the WS last year but everyone is waiting for a meltdown, the guys isn't good.

If Gagne goes to Detriot he'd be the closer. Jones has been god awful the past month and if Rodney or Zumaya are back they'd probably get a chance to take over the role.

Also if you're the Tigers do you really trust Jones? I know he got them to the WS last year but everyone is waiting for a meltdown, the guys isn't good.

Jones was with the Marlins last year. He was pretty much automatic

Jones was with the Marlins last year. He was pretty much automatic

You mean 2 years ago. Yeah he was very good with FL but so was Benitez, Urbina, Joe Borowski and Looper. I think it has to do with the non-pressure in FL and also the ballpark that helps them out.

He's two years older now and is starting to show his age. If I were the Tigers I wouldn't trust him and I'd try to land Gagne.

Back
Top Bottom