Year 3 - Filling The Gaps & Adding Depth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Year 3 - Filling The Gaps & Adding Depth

It's not that I want Ronnie out, I like Ronnie alot. I don't like the big 2nd contracts that almost all RB's never live up to. If Ronnie signs a decent 3 year deal then I'm all for it but if you take in account that we have real good depth at RB, M.Bell would come fairly cheap and would fit our offense real well then it makes sense to deal him if possible. This is exactly what NE, Pitts and Indy all would do, instead of hanging on to long you need to see the opportunity to help this franchise.

Ricky will be here to play, he's not Ronnies brother or blood brother that will only play if he's here. Ricky has multiple children by multiple women to pay for and that is more then enough of a motivating factor, it is afterall the reason he's back. He couldn't afford them losing his bonus so he was forced to come back.

Ricky wouldn't be carrying the entire work load, he would continue to get 20 or so carries with M.Bell/P.Cobbs getting the rest. M.Bell is more then capable to be the feature back being spelled by R.Williams if need be.

This is more about our future then it is about the now, giving R.Brown a huge new contract would be a terrible move by this franchise, history has shown us it doesn't work for RB's. M.Bell then gives us insurance next year when Williams leaves and we draft our future stud. I just think this makes the most sense for us now, again I like Ronnie and wouldn't be opposed to re-signing him as long as it is a reasonable deal on both sides.
I find it hard to believe Ricky would continue to play without Ronnie around. Him and Ronnie are very close. Not to mention Ronnie is a big name that takes all the attention away from Ricky. I can't see any way possible that Ricky wouldn't retire with Ronnie gone. Ricky will undoubtedly be in the spotlight where he doesn't want to be.

3rd i agree that the 3 year deal is the key for ronnie.i think he stays.unless the pats make him an offer he cant refuse.r+r i also agree that no ronnie no ricky.ricky will not play if he has to carry it 20 times a game.

Ronnie's health scares me I like him - but he needs to go..., he cannot stay the course...

ricky is signed for 1 more year...i don't think if ronnie leaves this offseason that will effect ricky playing...after all ricky himself has said he needs to play to pay bills...i do think that ricky hangs em up after next season though...

regarding ronnie i love the guy but let's be real...he's been on ir 2 of the last 3 seasons...he's injury prone in my book at this point

i'd put him on the block this offseason...but if we do let him get away we better have a guy in mind on draft day to take his place...

rolling with a 33 year old ricky, a just back from injury cobbs and a hilliard at rb imo isn't big enough playmakers at the position in 2010

Ronnie's health scares me I like him - but he needs to go..., he cannot stay the course...

Injuries happen but in Ronnie's case it seems like every year, we need to know that when we're pushing for the division championship year after year that our starting RB will be on the field for it.

I'm a big Ronnie fan but let's not hang on to long because of blind faith. Getting value from a trade and getting a solid replacement would do wonders for us.

This is an ideal offseason. Defense, defense, defense. We have so many young receivers; we need to give them a chance to develop. Most star receivers don't make an immediate impact in their first year, but take years to develop. So give our receiving corps a chance... And if we can get Bryant, he is more than capable of being a number 1 receiver.

But we need help on defense. Our defense is atrocious. They get worn out so much by the second half. We need youth and talent in our defense. I love the Earl Thomas and Von Miller picks. Earl Thomas is a little raw (compared to Eric Berry), but I can see his immense potential. Instead of giving up big plays, our defense can make big playes. He can be the difference maker and the Ed Reed of our defense. Miller can replace Porter (or Taylor), so our secondary and pass-rushing is fixed. I think we can fix our LB problems by also taking Kirk Morrison from FA, in addition to Pawelek. Don't get fazed just because he is from Oakland... Every player falls in Oakland.

The only thing I disagree with is the Casie Hampton signing. He's old, and Ferguson is old too. We won't be able to sign him for long, and he's not as youthful as he once was. If BP and co. are able to fork up some dough, I would prefer Vince Wilfork (from the Patriots) instead of Hampton. And I doubt Wilfork will care if he signs with a rival team, because as we all know, guys like him will go where the money goes. The reason our defense consistenly gets blown out is because they get worn out so much, and that's because our defense is old (Taylor, Porter, Ferguson, all key players).

If this happens, it will be the best offseason I can imagine. Don't fall for Dez Bryant; look for a top-notch receiver in the 2011 NFL Draft - it's loaded. Defense all the way.

C.Hampton (32) is one of the best run defenders in the buisness and thing you'll find is really good NT's are older. I didn't put in V.Wilfork (28) because I doubt he will become available and if he does it will cost a fortune to sign him.

My number 1 choice would be A.Franklin (29), he's one of the top NT's in the NFL and wouldn't cost as much as Vince but again I really do not believe he will make it to the open market.

Other options are R.Pickett (30), and G.Watson (26), Gabe is my last choice because he comes in last of this group in terms of talent. Hampton and Pickett are the two most likely to see the open market due to their teams. Pitts doesn't like to re-sign older vets, GB drafted Raji to replace Pickett and they still have J.Jolly and J.Harrell.

Seeing that J.Ferguson is injury prone and 35, adding anyone of these guys to rotate with Solai will be a upgrade. We would still want to draft a late round NT to groom for 3/4 years to join the rotation with Solai.

I agree that the focus should be on Defense. I would though say though that if Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas is available in the 3rd round I would jump at that.

In relation to trade.

I would somewhat add to the Joey Porter to Denver for 34 reasons. I would suggest Porter and Crowder as a package deal be sent to a team new with the 34. That is only if we select Hughes in the 1st and Eric Norwood, OLB at South Carolina who I believe will be a stud at ILB. Then Send Porter/Crowder to someone for an extra 2nd and possibly a 6th. If we got that extra 2nd id put it into Golden Tate who I think could be another Boldin.

In addition to that I would send Ginn and a 4th to Oakland for McFadden, they like the deep ball, and we need youth and playmakers in the backfield. Ricky is next to being done, Ronnie is a huge question mark re his injury prone nature. No point in trying to trade Ronnie now as his value would be lower, id suggest that if he is to be traded that he is a trade deadline candidate, once he has shown the league he is back to his usual... hopefully! We do need to see more of Lex though to understand what level of draft picking is spent on RB's.

Further more.

If Ferguson can get back to being healthy then resign for another year, the tandem with him and Soliai could get through another year before we go after another NT early in the draft or via free agency.

Tight End - the loss of David Martin has shown a huge gap in the passing game. Someone is needed to stretch the field but also allow Fasano to move back into his more suitable role as a no2 TE. Getting someone who can take up the ILB's and S's can just add to the windows and holes outside for the WR's.

If we get rid of Ronnie I hope it's not to FA and it's in the shape of at least a 1st rounder.

If we get rid of Ronnie I want Ingram or Spiller.

Back
Top Bottom