Year 3 - Filling The Gaps & Adding Depth | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Year 3 - Filling The Gaps & Adding Depth

No I'm dead serious, watch that play and tell me you would pay that guy to play football. Please guys, no more earl thomas.

Several things...

First being....Earl Thomas was a redshirt freshman on this play....Michael Crabtree was the best WR in the draft...

Secondly....Thomas did nothing wrong on this play....he had no shot to make a play on the ball....

The corner is the one that screwed the pooch on this play if anybody....other than it being just a career play on behalf of Crabtree..

Thomas undercut the football because he thought Crabtree's momentum was going to take him out of bounds....just like the corner did...just like everybody in the stadium did....just like you and I and anyone else watching did...

There are a LOT better plays to criticize on Earl Thomas than this one....try watching him play sometime...

I agree that the focus should be on Defense. I would though say though that if Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas is available in the 3rd round I would jump at that.

In relation to trade.

I would somewhat add to the Joey Porter to Denver for 34 reasons. I would suggest Porter and Crowder as a package deal be sent to a team new with the 34. That is only if we select Hughes in the 1st and Eric Norwood, OLB at South Carolina who I believe will be a stud at ILB. Then Send Porter/Crowder to someone for an extra 2nd and possibly a 6th. If we got that extra 2nd id put it into Golden Tate who I think could be another Boldin.

In addition to that I would send Ginn and a 4th to Oakland for McFadden, they like the deep ball, and we need youth and playmakers in the backfield. Ricky is next to being done, Ronnie is a huge question mark re his injury prone nature. No point in trying to trade Ronnie now as his value would be lower, id suggest that if he is to be traded that he is a trade deadline candidate, once he has shown the league he is back to his usual... hopefully! We do need to see more of Lex though to understand what level of draft picking is spent on RB's.

Al Davis would never trade McFadden for Ted Ginn Jr. and a FOURTH round pick? First of all, he already has the deep ball wideout in Darrius Heyward-Bey, and the QB to throw it to in Jamarcus Russell. He wants to top it off with a breakout RB in Darren McFadden. Obviously, none of these picks have panned out, but trust me, Davis will NEVER trade McFadden. As long as McFadden runs a 4.27 like he did at the combine, he will always be a Raider. Secondly, Ginn hasn't proved he can be the deep threat (except on that one play against the Jets).. And think about it... McFadden... one of the best college RB's of the decade, and Ted Ginn Jr, one of the most underdeveloped WR's of the decade.

Not to mention that deal wouldn't work, but I don't like it either. McFadden might have set rushing records, but his running style his atrocious. He doesn't know how to run... He has the fastest acceleration I've seen, but defenders start to close in on him once he hits his top speed... Just watch the tapes (IE the Chiefs game his rookie season where it looks like he's totally outrun the entire defense but somehow a Chiefs defender catches up to him from behind). He also has a fumbling problem that hasn't gone away since college, which is the one thing Sparano will never allow. Also, he can't juke... If you see any of his long runs, he just runs to the outside or in a straight line. I've never seen him juke a defender out. Just watch his Raider highlights. All it takes is ONE defender to trip him. He also has the weakest legs I've ever seen in my life. He has nice upper body control, but once he loses movement of his legs, he's down.

Also, if I watched some of the Razorbacks games, and McFadden isn't a RB that can go between the tackles. In a lot of the games, McFadden took all of the snaps that went to the outside, and Felix Jones took all of them that went to the inside. All he relies on is his acceleration, and that doesn't last in the NFL. He can't even juke an NFL defender for his life, all he tries to do is outrun him to the edge, and that only works in college for a living.

Trust me, you don't want McFadden... We won't get him, and it's better that way

No I'm dead serious, watch that play and tell me you would pay that guy to play football. Please guys, no more earl thomas.
Yes, I would. For you to downplay Earl Thomas because of one play is ridiculous. There's a reason he will be a first rounder, and it's because scouts know more than you do. The sad part is Thomas really isn't even at fault on that play for the points Ted Slimm made. Crabtree made an amazing move on the sideline, where anyone else in college football would of went out of bounds. You really should try watching him play.

Back
Top Bottom