Yeremiah Bell going to Pro Bowl!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yeremiah Bell going to Pro Bowl!!

Yeremiah Bell isn't going anywhere. Neither is Gibril. We need a free safety but what's the problem with having two good string safeties in Bell and Wilson

There is no word about this anywhere, and I haven't seen this on the NFL Network.

Instead of picking Randy Starks, by the way, they chose Kyle Vanden Bosch, who played absolutely horrible this year.

haha Awesome!! I wish I would have known this when I met him on Saturday, I would have congratulated him. I really hope he's back next season. It seemed he was always in tackles. But, that's not really a good thing considering he is our safety. :/ I know he will make us proud.

Bell is a great safety, and I hope everyone else other than us Dolphin fans will start knowing his name.

Hopefully with Nolan here and our defense being a top 5 next year people will start to know.

I hope he stays with us. I'm sick of giving away our good players all the time & keeping the mediocre. We gotta stop developing players, then giving them to other teams & they excel there, while we are still continuing to stay mediocre. Welker, Chambers, McMichael, etc. We need to hang on to our talent, & get rid of the overpaid guys who aren't contributing. Jason Allen would be first, IMO.

Awsome to hear. Would have been nice to see LOng stay as well but rather he get heathy. Also just cuz he is in the pro bowl i dont see us cutting him. I'd rather see gibril gone.

I hope he stays with us. I'm sick of giving away our good players all the time & keeping the mediocre. We gotta stop developing players, then giving them to other teams & they excel there, while we are still continuing to stay mediocre. Welker, Chambers, McMichael, etc. We need to hang on to our talent, & get rid of the overpaid guys who aren't contributing. Jason Allen would be first, IMO.

He is overpaid for what he has produced, u are right. However u understand that he is only due 1.27 million next year and less than 1 million is final year right?

We have already paid dude . . . and he probably is our best special teamer and still has some untapped potential at CB, and made a noticeable improvement this year in my eyes.

All I'm saying is, don't be suprised to see him stick around.

Bell is a great safety, and I hope everyone else other than us Dolphin fans will start knowing his name.

Hopefully with Nolan here and our defense being a top 5 next year people will start to know.

Problem with Bell is, when the season starts he will be almost 33 years old. U have Gerbil, who is 5-6 years younger who played out of position last year. I mean I dunno if we bring both guys back next year, but if we do, we can expect similar struggles unless we improve at LB. I think Gerbil can play FS, but would be just as effective at SS as Bell in my eyes. Ideally, we bring in a FS and probably keep Wilson at SS.

Yeremiah Bell isn't going anywhere. Neither is Gibril. We need a free safety but what's the problem with having two good string safeties in Bell and Wilson
they make too much money to not be on the field at the same time, yet while not being good at it?

Bell signed a 4 year contract for $20 million, and only $10 million is guaranteed. I dont know why people are saying he is due a $14 million roster bonus, because mathematically that would be impossible with the contract he was given. Even if Bell reached every performance incentive and escalator in his contract, the most he could be paid out is $20 million over 4 years. He is set to be paid under $2mil base salary in 2010. It is a very managable salary and I dont see him being cut this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom