Yes I am going to say it, Jonathan Abram? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes I am going to say it, Jonathan Abram?

I like Abrahm, whould bring a physical attitude the defense hasn't had in a while. Not saying he's a perfect safety, but he and Holland could make a nice tandem. I would be ok with a defense with Ogbah, Sieler and Wilkins up front... Phillips, Baker, Roberts and Chubb at linebacker... and a healthy Byron Jones, Abraham, Holland and Howard in the secondary. If that defense played to it's potential Miami would be a serious contender for the AFC title.
He may actually fit what we like to do with our safeties better than he did in the Raiders scheme.

We are set and we ain't getting nobody else till next year.

My impression is that he's a loudmouth who kind of sucks, which could be completely wrong.

Rams waived S Terrell Burgess.​

Burgess started in Week 5 in an injury crunch but was well down the Los Angeles depth chart at safety and ultimately had played just 82 defensive snaps for the team this season. Burgess has only 274 defensive snaps to his name in three seasons. The youngster might draw some waiver interest on account of his solid tackling -- his 68.3 PFF tackle grade this season is still fairly decent and is the lowest of his career to date.

-------------

I'd have some interest in this guy. a former 3rd round pick, decent athlete, sounds sort of similar to brandon jones, but heck if he is a solid tackler, that is just what we could use

At this point in time, Eric Rowe is a better player (and understands our system better) than Abram does. ...and right now, we are juggling McKinley and Rowe for playing time, so adding a player who has recently failed elsewhere and is unsigned past this year probably wouldn't be smart.
Now... if said player were to come into the Practice Squad so we could see how they fit, then it might be different, but we ARE fairly body deep at safety.
Next year, when Rowe has moved on, then we might... might have a spot open, but I still think that Trill Williams takes Rowe's spot as third safety in next year's defense.

Rowe is at 46.5, so this would put him in about the same category.

McKinley grades the best of the 3. I think we need to just sign him to the active roster. I would rather have him than either Rowe or Abram at this point.
McKinley sure is cheaper.

Mike Mayock has been discredited. He really struggled when he was in the actual seat.
Mayock is a good judge of ability, but he has always discounted CHARACTER... and this is why his regime crumbled, and it's why Jerry Jonez has struggled in Dallas.
Both teams have looked the other way when it came to character flaws... and since I loathe both teams...

Good!

Back
Top Bottom