YES!!! Pacman Jones suspended indefinately | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

YES!!! Pacman Jones suspended indefinately

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/14261

The NFL has taken action on Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones after last week's incident at a Dallas hotel. From the NFL press release:
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Adam Jones of the Dallas Cowboys today that he is suspended indefinitely without pay as a result of his most recent violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.

Jones will miss at least the next four games. Commissioner Goodell will determine the final length of the suspension following the Cowboys' Week 11 game against Washington on November 16. The decision on whether Jones can return to play will be based on Jones' strict compliance with his NFL and Dallas Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Commissioner Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL.

Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation at a Dallas hotel on October 8 that resulted in hotel employees calling the police. Commissioner Goodell in today's letter to Jones called it a continuation of "a disturbing pattern of behavior and clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. In reinstating Jones on August 28 of this year, Commissioner Goodell said that the player's participation in the NFL depends on demonstrating that he can conduct himself in a socially responsible manner, avoiding any other conduct that brings disrespect to himself, his team, or the NFL.

I will wait and see what really happened before I cast judegement although you would think he would go the extra mile to avoid trouble.

I will wait and see what really happened before I cast judegement although you would think he would go the extra mile to avoid trouble.

Thats all he had to do if he actually cared about his life or the NFL... He knew the rules... He knew he was walking a tight rope... He knew the consequences... He pisses on the integrity of the NFL shield every chance he gets and Goodell pisses on the NFL shield, and his own reliablity with everyday he doesnt ban Pacman for life.

too often we jump to conclusions. Remember when Levi Jones was just a wuss who could not handle Joey porter. Then the facts came out that Joey and his crew attacked Levi Jones and all of a sudden silence.

What a pitiful person. You are getting paid millions of dollars to play a school yard game and you can't even conduct yourself like a responsible member of society. Pacman is, and forever will be living the....

clear.gif

Thats all he had to do if he actually cared about his life or the NFL... He knew the rules... He knew he was walking a tight rope... He knew the consequences... He pisses on the integrity of the NFL shield every chance he gets and Goodell pisses on the NFL shield, and his own reliablity with everyday he doesnt ban Pacman for life.

i agree but lets see what the details come out are he has a target on his back so anything is possible. Pacman has done some things but I dont see banning him for life espeicially when the court system does not deem him a threat to society.

It is actually remarkable simple to avoid what we in the army called "The appearance of impropriety". Don't put yourself in situations where you could get in trouble, and, you probably won't get in trouble. If you are in the hotel, go to your room. Play Madden...Go to bed...Whatever. It's your freaking CAREER!

Oh. Don't drink anywhere but in your home if you can't handle your booze.

He got into a fight with his bodyguard, I don't think he should be suspended no more than two weeks.

He got into a fight with his bodyguard, I don't think he should be suspended no more than two weeks.

What more do you need?

Jerry Jones hired a "protection" team to follow Pacman and protect him from getting himself in trouble. He then attacks his bodyguard.

Pacman is one of those players you can count on playing his best games in the penal system.

What more do you need?

Jerry Jones hired a "protection" team to follow Pacman and protect him from getting himself in trouble. He then attacks his bodyguard.

Pacman is one of those players you can count on playing his best games in the penal system.

Sounds like they were doing their job.....Though, if they let him get booze, they didn't. Alldepends on thier orders. I'm in the protection buisness, and, believe me........Those of us doing the job are caught in the middle.

too often we jump to conclusions. Remember when Levi Jones was just a wuss who could not handle Joey porter. Then the facts came out that Joey and his crew attacked Levi Jones and all of a sudden silence.

LMFAO!!

but Ted Ginn is a bust already!!

he got into a fight with a team employee (the bodyguard was hired by the cowboys) . there is a difference there as the NFL has specific language regarding fighting amongst co-workers.

...but regardless, this is his umpteenth problem, he's had way too many chances for this to be a short term thing. the guy should be out for good....he has proven that he can't stay out of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom