YES!!! Pacman Jones suspended indefinately | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

YES!!! Pacman Jones suspended indefinately

A bit extreme of a punishment IMO.

I would agree if he had a spotless record. This guy will never learn though, Goodell isn't going to put up with it.

After the strip club incident ( from what I've heard about it), I really don't believe he should play at all.

LMFAO!!

but Ted Ginn is a bust already!!

Please show me one post where I said Ginn was a bust. I said we overdrafted him based on Devin hester. I have said he is not performing well, but I have nver said he is a bust.

Please show me one post where I said Ginn was a bust. I said we overdrafted him based on Devin hester. I have said he is not performing well, but I have nver said he is a bust.

you don't have to use the word to make the point:

Here are 2 posts from you in a thread about London where you clearly indicate that you think that Ginn is a bust, without actually using the word:

dlockz said:
I see London as just another guy off the scrapheap but it would be nice to see somebody step up. We are still very talent challenged at WR.

dlockz said:
right now as far as potential. i see London as having the most on our weak group of receivers. Still not enamoured with him but I can see some talent.

put those together and Ginn is worse than 'another guy off the scrapheap'. but yeah...you're not calling him a bust.

this is just the first example I found when reveiwing your post history. If you don't think he's a bust, and if you don't downright hate the guy.....you have a funny way of showing it. I know that's the perception that I get reading your posts....and I know I'm not alone.

you don't have to use the word to make the point:

Here are 2 posts from you in a thread about London where you clearly indicate that you think that Ginn is a bust, without actually using the word:

put those together and Ginn is worse than 'another guy off the scrapheap'. but yeah...you're not calling him a bust.

this is just the first example I found when reveiwing your post history. If you don't think he's a bust, and if you don't downright hate the guy.....you have a funny way of showing it. I know that's the perception that I get reading your posts....and I know I'm not alone.

My scrapheap opinion was based on a cut player. That being said The Giants have infininitly more talent than we do at Wr. i think they have 4 wr's that could start for us right away. I have always thought that we overdrafted Ginn and that he would be a solid poor man's Lee Evans. paired with a good receiver he would be a good number 2. Its not Ginn's fault we had a dumbazz at coach that drafted him over more talented players. I dont hold that against Ginn. I do not think Ginn is a special player like a Desean jackson. I think he was severely overrated based on his playing at Ohio St and Devin Hester's success. i do think Ginn needs to step up his game and am severly dissapointed that he cannot seem to make any plays this year. There was no excuse for being invisible against a suspect Houston secondary. there is no excuse for being pulled off of returns. I dont think in the long term that Ginn is a bust but I do agree that he should have never been drafted number nine overall. I think London overall has alot of raw potential that will probably go unrealized but he has skills that if he develops them will make him a good NFL player. If I had to say who will be the better NFl player it will be Ginn because he has shown an ability to make a catch, even if he does little after it.

I will wait and see what really happened before I cast judegement although you would think he would go the extra mile to avoid trouble.

No. He wouldnt. If anything he has proven he will go the extra mile to get into trouble.

this was an over reaction by goodell? 4 games? this was an issue that should have been taken care of in house

this was an over reaction by goodell? 4 games? this was an issue that should have been taken care of in house

Based on what? His prior ability to stay out of trouble? His history of not being able to keep his word to his teammates,coaches and league officials about staying out of trouble?

He was given a CLEAR...CRYSTAL CLEAR guideline of NO TOLERANCE...NONE and he made the Commisioner look really bad. Overreaction??? HARDLY. The process of him now entering Alcohol Rehab makes everyone involved look even worse. Pacman does not have little problems...he has HUGE ones and what compounds it is that he does not seem to realize this even after ALL he has gone through.

goodell acts like he is the all mighty...he is acting like a dictator..yes 4 games for something like this is an over reactoin

goodell acts like he is the all mighty...he is acting like a dictator..yes 4 games for something like this is an over reactoin

Godell is acting within his authority granted him by the players and owners. Mr. Jones knew he was on zero tolerance, and, chose to violate the trust placed in him when he was renstated.

I hope he never plays in the NFL again.

The guys got issues. Though if he can play he'll get opportunities. I tend to think people are innocent til proven guilty though the NFL has it the other way around.

Ask the guy who is crippled by PacMans antics if him walking the streets making mistake after mistake and excuse after excuse if missing 4 games is excessive. If Goodell is a dictator...what do you call someone who has no regard...NONE for following the rules..laws and guidelines we all have to follow??? Pacmans word and integrity alone is worth a 4game suspension.

The guys got issues. Though if he can play he'll get opportunities. I tend to think people are innocent til proven guilty though the NFL has it the other way around.

Due process is in criminal proceedings.

Jones has shown a pattern of conducting himself in such a way that it reflects badly on the NFL brand, and, by default, everyone in it. If you think Jones is not brought up in discussions regarding "Thugs" in the NFL, you are wrong.

This is not a civil rights issue. It is a workplace rules issue. The NFL has rules. You have a number of options as an employee.

1) Live with it.
2) Choose another profession.
3) Live with it until the next CBA negotions and make your issues known to your bargaining unit/team rep.
4) Willfully violate said rules until you are not allowed at the workplace anymore.

Jones made a choice. Instead of keeping himself out of trouble's way...which is remarkably easy...He went the extra mile to find trouble.

Due process is in criminal proceedings.

Jones has shown a pattern of conducting himself in such a way that it reflects badly on the NFL brand, and, by default, everyone in it. If you think Jones is not brought up in discussions regarding "Thugs" in the NFL, you are wrong.

This is not a civil rights issue. It is a workplace rules issue. The NFL has rules. You have a number of options as an employee.

1) Live with it.
2) Choose another profession.
3) Live with it until the next CBA negotions and make your issues known to your bargaining unit/team rep.
4) Willfully violate said rules until you are not allowed at the workplace anymore.

Jones made a choice. Instead of keeping himself out of trouble's way...which is remarkably easy...He went the extra mile to find trouble.

Man you hit the nail right on the head. This is not a court of law..this is a CEO who has laid down workplace rules with someone on a last chance waiver. He decides who gets to stay and who gets to go. It has nothing to do with jail or criminal preceedings. Pacman knew EXACTLT the conditions of his reinstatement..and he violated it. Plain and simple.

Man you hit the nail right on the head. This is not a court of law..this is a CEO who has laid down workplace rules with someone on a last chance waiver. He decides who gets to stay and who gets to go. It has nothing to do with jail or criminal preceedings. Pacman knew EXACTLT the conditions of his reinstatement..and he violated it. Plain and simple.

And I willl also point out that the workers (players) union, the NFLPA, allowed Goodell to do what he is doing. Jones has not one person to blame but himself.

Back
Top Bottom