"Yes" to Jay, "No" to Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Yes" to Jay, "No" to Ricky

Im all for getting a superstar RB. At what price am I willing to land this dread head is another story! If it were just a 1st and 3rd round draft choice, its all good, but RW was a contributor and a main cog in their machine, they will surely want a contributor from our squad as compensation as well! Thats where the problem lies to me, who do we give up. Its not like they will settle for Rob Konrad or something! They will want a Pat or a Sam or someone of that caliber, and I just dont see that happening, so Im not holding my breath for the RW sweepstakes. Let the chips fall where they may on that front!

let em have pat!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Im all for getting a superstar RB. At what price am I willing to land this dread head is another story! If it were just a 1st and 3rd round draft choice, its all good, but RW was a contributor and a main cog in their machine, they will surely want a contributor from our squad as compensation as well! Thats where the problem lies to me, who do we give up. Its not like they will settle for Rob Konrad or something! They will want a Pat or a Sam or someone of that caliber, and I just dont see that happening, so Im not holding my breath for the RW sweepstakes. Let the chips fall where they may on that front!
of course, wouldn't it be a trip if they settled for fletcher!

Sacrifices Have to be Made

I do agree that the 'Fins need to stick with Fiedler at QB. He's no Marino but he has more "cool" under pressure than just about any other QB out there right now. Someone with his ability to shake off the occasional (or frequent) interception is rare.

On the subject of Ricky I have to disagree however. It has been altogether too many years since the 'Fins have had a marquee' name (besides Marino) for their fans (us) to rally behind. Don't get me wrong, Zack, Jason, Sam, etc. are all premier players but not one of them is a "superstar." Besides the obvious fact that Williams is an incredible runner and may be hall of fame material eventually, he's a name that the fans (us) can get excited about watching, following, buying merch. He'd be a great all around addition to the team and the sacrifice, in my opinion, is well worth it. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

P.S. Fred Taylor is not the answer. Has the guy ever played a full 3/4's of a season much less a full season? Let's hope the 'Fins in all of their infinite wisdom don't opt to head in that direction.

expo88,

i don't think there is anybody here who would disagree about RW being a potential HOF'er. the only question is, he was a contibuter in NO, what are the saints gonna ask for him?:rolleyes:

Re: expo88,

Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't think there is anybody here who would disagree about RW being a potential HOF'er. the only question is, he was a contibuter in NO, what are the saints gonna ask for him?:rolleyes:
and if we can get Fred Taylor cheap...i.e. a 3rd rounder and we cannot get Ricky for a 1 and a 3

Re: 06

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
I've heard that saying about 1200 yds isn't squat from other people before, but I have to differ from your opinion at this time.

1000 yds. isn't squat anymore. It use to be a big deal before the season went to 16 games. But 1200 yds is a good standard at this time. There are only 9 backs other than RW who rushed for 1200 yds last season. Of the top 25 backs in the NFL the average for total yds rushing is 1093 yds.

Of course the OL is largely responsible for a RB's success. But, Ricky also made a statement that "a great running back can make an OL look good too, by making a hole that isn't there or taking a hole before it closes up, that's the difference between a good RB and a great one. " Well said Ricky, Well said ;) .

Well said fanaticalone, well said.

what is 1200 yds................

if you have 600 carries to get it! avg is the only way to look at it, then look at the o-line!;)

that is no doubt true

take Bettis and Rhodes for instance - the 2 backs in the AFC ahead of Lamar:
RNK NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
7 D. Rhodes, IND 233 1104 4.7 77 9 6 6
8 Jerome Bettis, PIT 225 1072 4.8 48 4 3 0

they each had 4.7 and 4.8 yard per pop - that is productivity, especially Rhodes who did not play until EJ got hurt

from http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/sta...=off&league=afc&qual=false&season=2&year=2001

Back
Top Bottom