Yet another Patriot gone!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet another Patriot gone!!!!

OhioPhin

Still Dedicated
Reaction score
I couldn't find this posted, but Pats WR Patten signed with the Redskins!!!! :roflmao: Its going to be fun watching them fall apart this year!!!

Well, since they are system based, I don't think they'll fall apart per say, more like just not win another SB. They can pick up some FAs and help thru the draft and they'll be fine. Much like us, Saban will build and rebuild in the same manner.

bigmiamifan said:
Well, since they are system based, I don't think they'll fall apart per say, more like just not win another SB. They can pick up some FAs and help thru the draft and they'll be fine. Much like us, Saban will build and rebuild in the same manner.

Exactly. Players are NOT their achilles heel. Coaching, however, could be. Losing both coordinators will seriously affect their ability to remain dominant.

Even though system based, the system is not an entity in itself. The administrators and designers of the system need to be in place for it to work.

NE will encounter a "rebuilding" phase, unlike what other teams endure. The knowledge is still in Bill's head, but building chemistry and getting everyone on the same page will take time for the new staff. They'll make the playoffs, but, I don't see them defending their crown this year.

IF they do, BB deserves to be included in arguments of "The Greatest Coach of All Time".

Enduring player loss is one thing, enduring player loss and coaching loss is another.

NathanHunt said:
Exactly. Players are NOT their achilles heel. Coaching, however, could be. Losing both coordinators will seriously affect their ability to remain dominant.

Even though system based, the system is not an entity in itself. The administrators and designers of the system need to be in place for it to work.

NE will encounter a "rebuilding" phase, unlike what other teams endure. The knowledge is still in Bill's head, but building chemistry and getting everyone on the same page will take time for the new staff. They'll make the playoffs, but, I don't see them defending their crown this year.

IF they do, BB deserves to be included in arguments of "The Greatest Coach of All Time".

Enduring player loss is one thing, enduring player loss and coaching loss is another.

This especially rings true when you don't replace your offensive coordinatior. BB is smart but I don't think he can do it all.

I think this is the beginning of the end for the Pats. System based or not, it only is self-sustaining while it's successful. With the loss of the key coordinators and some players, I think they will start not to win those close games. Then players start doubting the system and aren't as willing to give up personal gain and recognition for the team concept. Then the "me first" attitude creeps in and you've lost your system.
I give Belichek a lot of credit for holding it together this long.

Patten was a good deep threat, but his production has been in the decline since Deion Branch and David Givens started shouldering the workload.

In my opinion, Redskins are overpaying for him (now that shouldn't be a surprise !!)

The board does not let me post an URL to another part of ITSELF !!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
URL removed
Talk Football > Beast of the AFC East > MERGED: David Patten gone > post #42

NathanHunt said:

Everything you say is true with one caveat, There is one player on their roster they will not let go.

They will let the Ty Laws go, the Troy Browns, the Lawyer Milloys, what they will not let go of is the most important position on the field......The quarterback.....Tom Brady.

Dolphin fans should realize this as Saban will tend to operate much in the same manner, they will lose some of their favorites as time goes by.

Saban emphasized the importance of the QB position in his first press conference and there will not be a higher priority on his list until he finds his Tom Brady, whether that turns out to be Feeley, one of the QB's in this draft or elsewhere.

I think it's just wishfull thinking by most of us to say that the Pats are going to falter now. They haven't lost anyone of any great importance, and losing their two coordinators would KILL a team without a great head coach, but that's obviously not the case in New England. You think BB, Tom Brady, and all of these other guys that have been running the same system for so long are going to all of a sudden forget what they're supposed to be doing??? And the losses personell wise that they've taken are minor at the most, and they still have yet to play their hand in free agency, and the draft(which they always seem to do pretty darn well at). If they fix that secondary a little they won't miss a beat IMO. But with all this being said, I hope when the season starts they are lost in the sauce, and get off to a terrible start......(I just don't think it will happen, but hey......It'd be great wouldn't it?

OhioPhin said:
I couldn't find this posted, but Pats WR Patten signed with the Redskins!!!! :roflmao: Its going to be fun watching them fall apart this year!!!

Whoever heard of David Patten before the Patriots hired him from his warehouse packing job? The only fun will be for Patriots fans watching the team raise their 3rd consecutive Lombardi trophy.

Back
Top Bottom