You all are Happy Now, but If this Ish Doesn't Pan Out... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You all are Happy Now, but If this Ish Doesn't Pan Out...

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
You are all happy because we are cutting players who did not play up to their standards.

-Brock
-Dixon
-Ruddy
-Perry

etc. etc.

Now, these are "ballsy" moves...but If they do not pan out and work, and we end up struggling in these positions with our new replacements then what? Every single one of you will be like "Damn you Spielman!" "Spielman should be fired!" "He made all these stupid changes in the offseason and it is costing us!!"

Well guys, you asked for it, so If we struggle even more at O-Line (which is a scary thought), If our FS gets burned more (which is Madison's side, so you can ***** at him more too), don't whine, don't complain. You guys are asking for it, and you guys are getting it. Just do not be too surprised If we struggle this season, because we could not find the appropriate replacements. Remember Draft is a lottery, who knows who will produce and who won't and well FA is never ever a sure thing (look back last year at Wayne Gandy). That is all I have to say for now.

-PT

What's your point here PT? You can say that about EVERY team in the league at this point can't you?

u assume we'll say damn you spiel????????? well i wont these guys sucked and were overpaid

No, because everyone is happy that we are cutting the big named/starting players..something we RARELY did as much in a season. We have cut quite a few starters this year. Last year we had all 22 starters back on the team. This year we won't so if McKinney struggles at C, or If we cannot find replacements and they are at fault for our losses, I hope you guys will still be happy with these "changes" that "had to" have been made.

I think everyone here realizes that what they were doing wasnt working. AND everyone is excited about Spielman making changes when the majority of people here were expecting the same old off season philosophy that we have had. Spielman is coming in and putting his signature all over this team now. He is doing what he knows now without having to go through DW and looks like we actually have a GM and a new FO that has some balls. That in itself, whether or not every move works or not is worth cheering and getting excited about.

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
u assume we'll say damn you spiel????????? well i wont these guys sucked and were overpaid

That is what I am assuming, yes.

Originally posted by Prime Time
No, because everyone is happy that we are cutting the big named/starting players..something we RARELY did as much in a season. We have cut quite a few starters this year. Last year we had all 22 starters back on the team. This year we won't so if McKinney struggles at C, or If we cannot find replacements and they are at fault for our losses, I hope you guys will still be happy with these "changes" that "had to" have been made.

Alot of good returning 22 starters did! Its time for a change Bro. Good or bad will be determined. But the status quo was NOT cutting it.

Originally posted by Prime Time
No, because everyone is happy that we are cutting the big named/starting players..something we RARELY did as much in a season. We have cut quite a few starters this year. Last year we had all 22 starters back on the team.

You mean the same starters that missed the playoffs the last couple of years?
The same starters the faded at the end of the season?
Marion was overrated, he was in the probowl on name and past performances.
Perry was ok but very replacable.
Mcnight, do I even need to go there?
Fletcher, hmmm I don't know what you see in him to upset you so much.

There will be no reason to say Damn you Spielman, I guess I am looking at this a little different, these were't ballsy moves, these were moves that HAD to be made to get under the cap. Spielman didn't have much choice in these matters. The players who weren't worth their salary in 2004 had to go, simple as that.

i would have made all these cuts as well. so i won't blame spielman.

We'll see what you guys say when the season starts...

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
There will be no reason to say Damn you Spielman, I guess I am looking at this a little different, these were't ballsy moves, these were moves that HAD to be made to get under the cap. Spielman didn't have much choice in these matters. The players who weren't worth their salary in 2004 had to go, simple as that.
Totaly agree as I posted something like this in another thread. He HAD to make these moves and I'm happy he did. We don't know what the new players will do, but we all know that we didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years with the players we just cut.
Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Omaha_Dolfan
I think everyone here realizes that what they were doing wasnt working. AND everyone is excited about Spielman making changes when the majority of people here were expecting the same old off season philosophy that we have had. Spielman is coming in and putting his signature all over this team now. He is doing what he knows now without having to go through DW and looks like we actually have a GM and a new FO that has some balls. That in itself, whether or not every move works or not is worth cheering and getting excited about.

Good call Omaha...

I agree 100%....

Regardless of the outcome, these changes are necessary changes IMO. I think most of these changes were a given. The players on that list of cuts aren't all-pro players either, they're a mixture of old aging veterans and very average talent....

Do any of these players we're cutting even have a realistic chance of starting somewhere else in 2004??? I don't think so....

These cuts were a must. No doubt about it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

well im just happy someones trying, cuz we had a good team last year but obvisouly wasnt good enough..now yea we could play it safe and go through another typical season...but we gotta try to do something to this team

Change is good.

At least your not looking at the same 22 and listening to a coach say, "we're close".

Back
Top Bottom