You Can Take a Horse to The River But You Cannot Make It Drink! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Can Take a Horse to The River But You Cannot Make It Drink!

Why were the troops under Patton more successful than the troops under Gen. Jon Doe?

Why was "Alexander the Great" more successfull in his campaigns then "Chauncy the Medicore", did he have more talented troops?

Leadership. It's their job not only to teach their people how to win physically, but mentally as well.

As a LEADER you lead that horse to the water and convince it to drink. If that horse is still too STUBBORN or STUPID to drink, then you shoot that damned horse as an example and get a horse that can find the motivation to DRINK THE F'ING WATER!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take the horse to the river, then push him in and hold his head under til he takes the freakin' drink and dont care if it likes it or not

As a LEADER you lead that horse to the water and convince it to drink. If that horse is still too STUBBORN or STUPID to drink, then you shoot that damned horse as an example and get a horse that can find the motivation to DRINK THE F'ING WATER!

thats all you gotta say

Vince Lombardi is not going to walk through that door! Gone are such days and players.

You think Gruden can make Sapp, S. Rice or K. Johnson "drink the water"? Think again.

Originally posted by DolphinVJ

Vince Lombardi is not going to walk through that door! Gone are such days and players.

You think Gruden can make Sapp, S. Rice or K. Johnson "drink the water"? Think again.

Yes, I do... and i didn't say "Make" I said "convince". A leader doesn't make a person do something, he convinces a person to make themselves do it...

Hence I think certain people are better at motivating people than others... Some people don't need to be motivated externally, some do.

Just because a guy is good at evaluating talent or good with the X's and Os does not mean he is a good motivator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I do... I think certain people are better at motivating people than others... Some people don't need to be motivated externally, some do

Just because a guy is good at evaluating talent or good with the X's and Os does not mean he is a good motivator.

Agreed but because Dolpins are underachievers does not necessarily mean that the Coach is not motivating; it could be him not motivating and it could be the players not easily motivated. We will never know because each case is always unique.

Originally posted by DolphinVJ

Agreed but because Dolpins are underachievers does not necessarily mean that the Coach is not motivating; it could be him not motivating and it could be the players not easily motivated. We will never know because each case is always unique.

Sure but in either case you need to find a combination that works to be as successfull as we all want them to be... So to that extent if this continues, something has to give...

By the way, I have been vocally supporting Wanny since he was made head coach... but him keeping Royals is just not something that I can not support. Royals has personally cost us at least 6 points in our last 2 games. Plus DW's inablility to instill the Disciline needed to avoid the numerous costly penalties is becomming too much to bear.

Although I am not calling Wanny's job yet, in my book he IS on "Double Secret Probation"... We need to win the next 4 games AT LEAST, and Roayls need to AVG 45 yds a Kick from here on out (NO SHANKS) in order for me to regain confidence.

If any of our players go to Tampa next year.......the first people they have to impress are the leaders on the team............because if they don't.......the leaders on the team will throw them off!........don't tell me that Rice....Sapp or Johnson are gonna wait for Gruden to get in their face.........Sapp will tear someone's face off if they are not producing BEFORE Gruden gets a chance at them........our guys need to start pushing each other!..........Attitude........

Back
Top Bottom