You do realize Fiedler stays with a AFC Championship or SB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You do realize Fiedler stays with a AFC Championship or SB

Originally posted by zachseau13
I am a fan of Fiedler, but unless he has a Pro Bowl year, he will need to restructure his contract.

Define Pro Bowl Year?? Kordell Stewart made the Pro Bowl and so did Tom Brady in 2001 and I didn't think their numbers were real impressive. So what does a Pro Bowl year consist of?

Originally posted by chambers84

Define Pro Bowl Year?? Kordell Stewart made the Pro Bowl and so did Tom Brady in 2001 and I didn't think their numbers were real impressive. So what does a Pro Bowl year consist of?

Are you serious?

When someone refers to a Pro Bowl year I think you can safely assume they mean that a player will perform at a level that is superior to the other players at his position in the conference.

If you follow this simple rule then whether or not the NFL always selects the best players to the Pro Bowl should not hinder you in understanding someone when they refer to a "Pro Bowl year"

I think Fielder was on the right track last year until he broke his finger. Everyone knows that game against the Broncos was an intense battle to the very end. Here comes Lucas and the Dolphins win only home games...

To stay he'll definitely have to restructure next year because he isn't worth $3M, & his $2M option to add a 5th year & nearly $10M more to the contract will definitely not be picked up.

Are you serious?

Thanks for the lecture.

To say pro bowl year is to say they went to the pro bowl, to say all pro year is saying he played better than the others at his position. Yes generally those who play the best that year go to the probowl, but that does not make them great qbs

:stooges:

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover

Thanks for the lecture.

To say pro bowl year is to say they went to the pro bowl, to say all pro year is saying he played better than the others at his position. Yes generally those who play the best that year go to the probowl, but that does not make them great qbs

:stooges:

You are welcome.

I would disagree, when someone refers to a player having a "Pro Bowl year" they are not indicating that the person traveled to Hawaii, just that they had a superior year.

He needs to re-structure after this year if he wants to stay.

your tryin to tell me Jay Fieldler is making $3 mil a year? Hes not worth that much.
I think he has to restructure his contract. Either that or the Dolphins have to dump him if they get Griese.

Originally posted by BuffalosBoy
your tryin to tell me Jay Fieldler is making $3 mil a year? Hes not worth that much.
I think he has to restructure his contract. Either that or the Dolphins have to dump him if they get Griese.

Yeah, you may think that, but he has done pretty well against those Bills. :)

Fielders cap number is approx $5.95 million depending on how roster bonuses get applied. Only way we keep him is if he puts up seriously nice numbers but we would have to renegotiate his contract (extension probably) to again give him his money but keep the cap hit low for a couple years.

He will get around a 3 year deal on the market, maybe from the Packers if he does not take us far. Maybe 14m with a 4m signing bonus. He will start for a year and a half as Favre's successor learns.

Back
Top Bottom