You Favorite current Dolphin and Past Dolphin. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Favorite current Dolphin and Past Dolphin.

Favorite dolphin of all time?

John Grimsley. Easy answer. But I'm biased :)

Favorite current Dolphin? Phew thats hard. So many awesome personalities. But I'll go with a guy I only know via his actions + the news, D Parker.

He was **** on for the past 2 years and he was expected to lose his job. They even tried to trade him several times. He takes all the criticism and then....

1. Proceeds to show some flashes.
2. Gets celebrated. Tells everyone he's sorry it took this long. He knows he had potential to live up to.
3. THEN PERFORMS EVEN BETTER.
4. Signs a team friendly deal, against his agents advice, because he said he views this season as payback, and he's honored Miami has faith in his YET AGAIN, after letting him down.

Caveat - Parker's "comments" are all second hand, but from a source that has no reason to lie about him. On the contrary, they had reason to lie in favor of the agent..... but WHAT A MAN. What a man Parker is. If you dont think the 26-27 year old Pro Bowler who just finished top 5 in the AFC receivers rankings wouldn't get a better deal than what we gave him, you're lying.

I love Parker now. Dude manned up, an when he could have left Miami high and dry, he did the right thing. I cant help but respect that.

But there are tons of guys to like. Hard working guys who appreciated everything. Howard deserves respect for not Minkahing his way off this team.
John Grimsley? I barely remember him as a Dolphin. Is he your cousin?

For me, it's Dan Marino, and it's not even close, when it comes to past Dolphins.

For present, it's really hard to choose. Not only does FA make it difficult, (My last jersey purchase was a custom, orange Brown jersey, just after he was drafted) but our current team has no one on the team that is sure to be here in two years.

I guess if I had to chose, I'd take. . . hell, Parker, I guess.

For me, it's Dan Marino, and it's not even close, when it comes to past Dolphins.

For present, it's really hard to choose. Not only does FA make it difficult, (My last jersey purchase was a custom, orange Brown jersey, just after he was drafted) but our current team has no one on the team that is sure to be here in two years.

Hey grammar Joe, you should check your own posts...can you find you error?

Hey grammar Joe, you should check your own posts...can you find you error?
Yeah, I missed an "O" in "choose." I'm using an old Steelseries MercStealth keyboard that I paid $150 to repair after my place burned down 2 years ago. Sometimes, the keys don't work well, but since they don't make these any more, I have to put up with it, rather than pay $500 for a new board. Good catch though.

Current: Fitz followed by Christian Wilkins (both of these guys have bigger than life personalities.)

Past: Dan Marino followed by Jason Taylor

Past - JIm Jensen x100
Current - nobody really - I do respect what Fitz has done this year

i'm taking out the HOF'ers...

favorite current is sheesh...I like Mike G on ), wilkins on D

favorite past (exclulding HOF'ers)...it shocked me he's only been mentioned once...L Oliver, his 3 int game against Buf was more intriguing then the Cox Birds. Plus Oliver won me quiet a few Tecmo Super Bowl tournaments, a close second behind Offerdahl cause he won me quite a few Tecmo Bowl (original) tournaments.

Always have a special place for Jeff Zgonina though. I always had custom fins jerseys with my HS number on it 90. that was at around the same time we had Zgonina. Had a large but athletic build back then and had no issues trying to convince dumb drunk bitches that was me.

He was a good family friend who met my dad when he was traded to Miami, and it got to the point I called him "Uncle John". He's why I'm such a diehard Dolphins fan, and his last gift to me before he moved back to Texas (and ultimately, ever) was my Dan Marino game worn and signed 1993 Jersey from when they played the Oilers. The greatest Dolphin gift I could'v ever asked for.

And I wear it to every single Dolphins game I go to!

Back
Top Bottom