You Favorite current Dolphin and Past Dolphin. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Favorite current Dolphin and Past Dolphin.

Past is easy Dan Marino

Current not sure any current player deserves that distinction or will be around long.
I guess Davante Parker since he is the only player on roster playing at a pro-bowl level.
Resahard Jones would have been s solid pick but we overpaid for him and he is likely gone very soon.
I am a fan of Nick Needham because I have met him and know how hard he works to get better but not sure he has the talent long term, I hope he does.

It would be hard for me to choose between Marino, Csonka, Jason Taylor & Zach from the past.

Currently it would be Ryan Fitzpatrick just for the energy and entertainment value. Also, not a long list of candidates on this roster.

Past: Ricky Williams... really wish he could have played longer.
Present: hmm, I guess Devante Parker assuming he keeps trending upward

This is a tough one. As a kid in the late 70s early 80s playing football, I wanted to be Doug Betters from the Killer Bs defense. I had the forearm pads, the tape, tried the battering forearm ram, everything. Then, Marino came along and it was all Marino, all the time...

Today? hmmmm... some guys really stepped up after being laughed at, told they suck, told the were past their prime. I really did love having Fitzmagic on this team. If we do draft Tua or another QB, it wouldn't hurt to sit behind a vet like Fitz to show him the ropes. So, I guess today's player would be Fitz. There is, however, Parker... shoot. that's a tough one.

None and Dan Marino then Zach Thomas. Current roster is lacking in entirety anyone to get overly excited about (favorite wise). Like picking a favorite fork.

Favorite dolphin of all time?

John Grimsley. Easy answer. But I'm biased :)

Favorite current Dolphin? Phew thats hard. So many awesome personalities. But I'll go with a guy I only know via his actions + the news, D Parker.

He was **** on for the past 2 years and he was expected to lose his job. They even tried to trade him several times. He takes all the criticism and then....

1. Proceeds to show some flashes.
2. Gets celebrated. Tells everyone he's sorry it took this long. He knows he had potential to live up to.
3. THEN PERFORMS EVEN BETTER.
4. Signs a team friendly deal, against his agents advice, because he said he views this season as payback, and he's honored Miami has faith in his YET AGAIN, after letting him down.

Caveat - Parker's "comments" are all second hand, but from a source that has no reason to lie about him. On the contrary, they had reason to lie in favor of the agent..... but WHAT A MAN. What a man Parker is. If you dont think the 26-27 year old Pro Bowler who just finished top 5 in the AFC receivers rankings wouldn't get a better deal than what we gave him, you're lying.

I love Parker now. Dude manned up, an when he could have left Miami high and dry, he did the right thing. I cant help but respect that.

But there are tons of guys to like. Hard working guys who appreciated everything. Howard deserves respect for not Minkahing his way off this team.

Current: Christian Wilkins ( just because we both played for the NEPSAC powerhouse SA Tigers)
Past: Ricky Williams

So many to choose from.

Duhe, Baumhower, Kooch, Newman, Stephenson, Bowens, Betters.....

Todays roster, there is nobody worthy of spoken of in the same posting....yet (hopefully)

61d20tpSoKL._SY445_.jpg
218640-13851307Fr.jpg

Current: Christian Wilkins ( just because we both played for the NEPSAC powerhouse SA Tigers)
Past: Ricky Williams
I can't believe Wilkins didn't make rookie team. Total bs. Way more productive than Lawerence.

Past: Tony Paige or John Offerdahl. Today? Nick Needham, because everyone needs ham.

Back
Top Bottom