You felt NY coming back for the win didn't you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You felt NY coming back for the win didn't you?

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For Krists sake, can Miami pound on the throat of anyone? I really thought that vinny might pull another one out!

Why...why doesn't this Miami Dolphins team want to win handedly?

We won man. Do you always have to find something to complain about? Maybe we should just lose the next 14, so you can have more to whine about..

Honestly.....and I'm really being honest....I didn't feel it. Ask anybody in chat. :) But I really would have liked to have seen them crush them at the end. Obviously we're still not there yet. D is gelling (hopefully) and so is the offense. Few guys gotta get healthy. And we have to remember that....while the Meadowlands and the mere fact of playing our arch rival....the Jets really aren't that good a team. We gotta tighten up.

The game could have gone scary if we didn't get that pass interference on 3rd down.

Though the refs blew the call on the McKnight play. He would have had that if he hadn't had his hand held by their CB, and it was a good pass by Jay.

Honestly, with that much of a lead, pounding Ricky was the right thing to do. I admit I was having visions of MNM part 2, but Ricky was getting yards, we were burning clock, and we expected the D to do what it finally did. I'll say this though....zone is killing us.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
mods, can we ban this troll already?

He isn't doing anything wrong here. It is a legitimate point. Heck, about half the chatroom freaked out and wondered the same thing when Jay fumbled. Didn't even wait for the Moss TD.

I did worry a little when Jay fumbled after they showed the 4th quarter point difference. Felt more secure by the middle of the 4th though.

Hey, I am with you, it felt really familiar to me, the way they were coming back on us. However nice pick to stop that drive and we did only give up one td. Though, I hope our pass defense starts to pick it up a bit more.

Originally posted by Muck

He isn't doing anything wrong here. It is a legitimate point. Heck, about half the chatroom freaked out and wondered the same thing when Jay fumbled. Didn't even wait for the Moss TD.

hey, if it was just this thread i wouldnt have a problem...but look at the drivel he's infested the boards with over the past 1/2 hour. i'm sick of looking at it.

Wdolfan ------- smiles at & sticks his tounge out at Fied for mvp!

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

hey, if it was just this thread i wouldnt have a problem...but look at the drivel he's infested the boards with over the past 1/2 hour. i'm sick of looking at it.

Then don't cause all your doing is showing a serious fanboi attitude and personal bias towards Wdolfan on threads that aren't trolling and are quite valid. As a moderator of a board that has over 15,000 users it would be you who would be getting close watch for personal attacks.

I saw one hell of an improvement.
We beat the JETS.
We beat a division rival
We won on the road
Our D made the play when they had too.
Jay played like he played at the beginning of last year.
Chambers played like he did the first year.
I think Ricky does better when Dixon is back.
I listened to 95% negative threads all last week.
Let's turn it around and be positive this week.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Then don't cause all your doing is showing a serious fanboi attitude and personal bias towards Wdolfan on threads that aren't trolling and are quite valid. As a moderator of a board that has over 15,000 users it would be you who would be getting close watch for personal attacks.

:lol:

I felt it. I was at a bar, and I felt it. It looked like almost a mirror image of what happened two years ago when Miami played the Jets in the Meadowlands.

Miami was up 21-3 at halftime, and the game ended 24-21 Jets win. The offense couldn't score, and the defense couldn't stop Vinny.

The difference this time around was two things. Our offense even though it didn't score in the 2nd half was much better this time at controlling the clock because of Ricky Williams (2 years ago it was Lamar Smith). And 2nd, just when it was a critical moment, Jason Taylor and Jay Williams came up with that sack on Vinny Testeverde.

They didn't come up with much in the way of sack numbers today, but pressure came through at critical moments today...like on the drive I am talking about after Santana got his TD....they sack Vinny and bam the whole "comeback" thing is over...its that simple. Also, when Herm decided to go for it on 4th and Goal from the 3 yard line, we had Rob Burnett jumping right into Vinny Testeverde's face as he overthrew the pass intended for Anthony Becht.

Oh yeah, and Jason Fabini was having FITS with Jason Taylor. I think he got called for holding twice against JT, and got called for illegal hands to the face once. Those are about as good as sacks.

Back
Top Bottom