You felt NY coming back for the win didn't you? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You felt NY coming back for the win didn't you?

Originally posted by Wdolfan
For Krists sake, can Miami pound on the throat of anyone? I really thought that vinny might pull another one out!

Why...why doesn't this Miami Dolphins team want to win handedly?

I can feel it. wannyball just makes you cringe at times. why he didn't take more shots to put up more points is beyond me. If the Jets really started to roll, we would not've been able to stop it. Fortunately for us, the didn'r tho. but yes, i am thrilled we did win, but it's not the smashmouth killer ball that champs play with. That won't change tho, i'm afraid.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

:lol:

Laugh all you want but what you are doing to him in attacking him in every thread is called harrassment. Most boards usually have it in their terms of service.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Honestly, with that much of a lead, pounding Ricky was the right thing to do. I admit I was having visions of MNM part 2, but Ricky was getting yards, we were burning clock, and we expected the D to do what it finally did. I'll say this though....zone is killing us.

ricky said himself that the yds were getting tougher cuz they knew we were gonna just run him. So that alone doesn't make it quite right. mix it up more, put up a few more points cuz we're gonna need Ricky hopefully later on. But you're right on about the zone. They need to mix some man in there more often to confuse them. We can get too vanilla paying all zone as well. Oh well, from one extreme to the other I guess!

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

hey, if it was just this thread i wouldnt have a problem...but look at the drivel he's infested the boards with over the past 1/2 hour. i'm sick of looking at it.

Com'on now "Jay". Is it drivel cuz you don't agree with it? If you don't agree/like his syuff, just skip over it. No harm in that.

Fidler for mvp is not bugging me at all, just for the record.

Ya why didn't Norv throw the ball deep with the intention of it being catchable only by the Dolphins receiver or get a interference call, after all, thats how NYJ's get most their yardage!

heres a question, if Derrick Rodgers and Arturo Freeman were in the game, u think the game wouldve been that much different, Junior was all over the place today, and SAmmy got some good licks in...

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
heres a question, if Derrick Rodgers and Arturo Freeman were in the game, u think the game wouldve been that much different, Junior was all over the place today, and SAmmy got some good licks in...

Oh yeah. And they are just going to get better. Also, Wannyball (with Ricky) can and will win games. I have said it before and I will say it again. In the 4th quarter with a lead, your opponent is the clock. (Actually TMQ says it, and I agree). Remember the NE game last year. Cute does not work when you need it most. Heck, the Rams in the SB two years ago proved that.

I certainly hope that what we saw today was the beginning of Sammy Knight finally adjusting to this style of defense...because before today the guy was not playing well AT ALL. He was taking bad angles everywhere and missing tackles. Today he was putting in good licks and actually jarring balls loose. He didn't miss tackles today, that is refreshing.

As for Junior Seau, I don't know what maniac is in the Dolphins front office complaining to other guys in the league about Junior because he is doing things we NEVER saw Derrick Rodgers do. You want to know why Curtis Martin had less yardage today than JAY FIEDLER in rushing? Junior is the answer...just about the entire answer. He was making all kinds of stops and wreaking havoc BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. When was the last time anyone here even remembers seeing Derrick Rodgers move behind the line of scrimmage?

Our D played well today.

We stopped them at the goaline (which is critical) and really all I ask...no TD's. Knight could have had an INT, Madison missed on 1 or possibly two. The zone is being exploited though. . .I hope they fix that.

I am pretty positive, our newer D players are beginning to gel, the O- looks better, W.Smith looks really good, (SOD) I think. I think we are slowly getting a rythmn together and as the season progresses we will be really strong. Hey we are 1-0 on tge road against our division, that should be reason to start getting positive!

Back
Top Bottom