you guys think Tate will still be there at 43? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you guys think Tate will still be there at 43?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
You can't ignore the production with this guy.My ideal draft would be for us to move down and get an extra 2nd round pick.If we could do that then I'd like something like this.

1-Brandon Marshal

2a-Golden Tate

2b-either Dickson TE or maybe a Safety

3-either a TE if we didn't get on in round 2(posibly Pita or Jimmy G from maimi) or a Safety if we didn't get one in round 2(Nate Jones?)

the rest of the drat would be ILB,NT,O-line,plus another OLB

hard to say after that.

Ozzy rules!!

I wasn't initially very excited about Tate but, the more I learn about him the more I like him.

He reminds me of Hines Ward for some reason...tough, good hands.

I like Tate, I am a fan, but do not think this will be WR that the Dolphins would target in this draft.

Thinking Bigger, tougher.
Chubbs

I like Tate, I am a fan, but do not think this will be WR that the Dolphins would target in this draft.

Thinking Bigger, tougher.
Chubbs

yeah, I can see that too....the guy from LSU comes to mind.We do have a couple of big targets like Hartline and Turner who I know hasn't done anything yet but he was a late bloomer at USC so maybe there's hope for him?

Ozzy rules!!

The more I hear about Tate, the more he seems to be an amazing slot receiver prospect. We have a ton of those. I expect us to go bigger at that position. For some reason Mardy Gilyard keeps popping into my head as a pick I can see them making.

Brandon Lafell has so many Derek Hagan-esque qualities it's scary.....the knack for getting open in zones.....the inconsistent hands....almost identical body types...etc..etc.....only thing is Lafell is lacking the production in college Hagan had...

Everytime I look at Lafell that's always who I come back to...

I can't help but think Miami will be facing Golden Tate twice a year for the next decade after the Jets nab him in the late 1st...

The more I hear about Tate, the more he seems to be an amazing slot receiver prospect. We have a ton of those. I expect us to go bigger at that position. For some reason Mardy Gilyard keeps popping into my head as a pick I can see them making.

Go bigger than Tate at the position and then mention the rail thin, non-physical, virtual Ginnger clone, Mardy Gilyard as the pick that keeps popping into your head?

Golden Tate is amazing after the catch, especially post-contact. His speed is evident on the football field, as is his ability to jump. His eyes for the ball in the air and adjusting his speed for it are really good.

Not an amazing route runner, a pretty woeful run blocker to be honest, a body catcher that may lack strong hands, a little bit of a loose cannon that will probably get you some dumb penalties, able to be jammed at the line or bumped in space effectively.

Good player but right now I think I'd still put him as a high 2nd round pick. I don't think he'll make it to #43 because this WRs class is full of warts.

Brandon Lafell has so many Derek Hagan-esque qualities it's scary.....the knack for getting open in zones.....the inconsistent hands....almost identical body types...etc..etc.....only thing is Lafell is lacking the production in college Hagan had...

Everytime I look at Lafell that's always who I come back to...

I can't help but think Miami will be facing Golden Tate twice a year for the next decade after the Jets nab him in the late 1st...

That's definitely one player that comes to mind but also well to keep in mind that Hagan was a better athlete, faster and more explosive. I'm not sure if Hagan's issues catching the ball were his eyes or his hands but to me LaFell's issue is eyes...though it doesn't help he showed up with small hands.

I wouldn't use a high pick on him. Forget Derek Hagan, forget Rod Gardner, I don't want to be asking myself if the guy I'm taking is really any better Talman Gardner.

That's definitely one player that comes to mind but also well to keep in mind that Hagan was a better athlete, faster and more explosive. I'm not sure if Hagan's issues catching the ball were his eyes or his hands but to me LaFell's issue is eyes...though it doesn't help he showed up with small hands.

I wouldn't use a high pick on him. Forget Derek Hagan, forget Rod Gardner, I don't want to be asking myself if the guy I'm taking is really any better Talman Gardner.

3rd round is where I'd start looking at Lafell.....did I mention he reminds me a lot of Derek Hagan?

I think Donald Jones is an interesting prospect....I'd consider him in the 3rd round along with Lafell....that's right...

3rd round is where I'd start looking at Lafell.....did I mention he reminds me a lot of Derek Hagan?

I think Donald Jones is an interesting prospect....I'd consider him in the 3rd round along with Lafell....that's right...

I'd consider Donald Duck in the 3rd round before I considered LaFell in the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom