You know what the real problem Sunday was... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know what the real problem Sunday was...

If you think about it... if we would have gotten to manning earlier then maybe there wouldn't be time for the PI calls.. If the corners have to stay with guys 3, 4, and 5 seconds.. they are gonna bumb into them and have to hold them to stay with them for that long.. it is obvious that our front four is not as good as it used to be... it is obvious in the pass rush and the run d.

Every O line in the league (including ours) holds, and most (including ours) gets away with a complete mugging. Good Dlineman can get off those blocks, holding or not, to make the play and as they do, the holding becomes something so evident that a ref HAS to call it. At first I thought last weeks game was a combination of our guys not being good enough to get away from the holds as well as some fairly bad and biased officiating. But I just watched the tape again, and you know what: our D line really wasn't that bad. There wasn't much on the pash rush (riduculously not in the scheme- let's see, hmmm, wait I know, let's give one of the better quarterbacks in the league all day to figure out what to do, yah, good plan) but they actually did make some plays considering there was only ever four of them against five or six blockers. It was also that Edgerrind was just that good. The way he was playing on Sunday, holding or not, I'm not sure that four guys, even the best four guys, could have stopped him.

Back
Top Bottom