You know you are a SuperBowl Contender when.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know you are a SuperBowl Contender when..

When T-Hill realizes our problem early in the season was we needed a better ping pong table for the locker room.

You don't consider the Pats, Ravens and Bills tough?? Ya gotta remember the run we are on is a run where Tua is under center with MM calling plays and last I checked that combo has yet to lose no matter who is on the other sideline.
I was talking about the run since the 3 game losing streak. Yes, beating the Pats, Ravens, and Bills was impressive.

People weren't talking Super Bowl when the Fins were at 3-3 though. Now they are. My point is single digit wins over the Steelers, Lions, and Bears just doesn't automatically qualify as a legit SB candidate. Yes, the Browns win was impressive. I'm just pointing out the schedule greatly stiffens here after the Texans game. Continue to win and get a good playoff spot to show you belong as a SB candidate. Prove my doubts wrong. I hope they do. Believe me, we've waited long enough just for an appearance in an AFC Championship game.

imma say something and get completely blasted for it but its how i truly feel. I dont think Waddle is a bonafied #1 yet, I think he's just a good number 2.

Unlikely looking at the Chiefs' creampuff of a schedule for the rest of the year vs. ours. We'll get to the playoffs and very likely will host a week one and week two game but I don't know how we unseat the Chiefs from the #1 seed.
I agree. Number one seed is 90% between the Chiefs and the Titans. They have such an easy schedule no to do it.

imma say something and get completely blasted for it but its how i truly feel. I dont think Waddle is a bonafied #1 yet, I think he's just a good number 2.
What is your criteria for determining differences between #1 vs #2 receivers?

From my vantage point, I see Hill & Waddle as the perfect 1a and 1b. They both run full route trees, demand special coverage from defenses, produce stats at better than expected levels, and have alien-like quickness and speed. Waddleā€˜s technique isnā€˜t as refined as Hillā€™s, and heā€™s dropped some catchable balls, yet heā€™s also scored the most TDs and if dropped on almost any other team is instantly WR1.

From my vantage point, I see Hill & Waddle as the perfect 1a and 1b. They both run full route trees, demand special coverage from defenses, produce stats at better than expected levels, and have alien-like quickness and speed. Waddleā€˜s technique isnā€˜t as refined as Hillā€™s, and heā€™s dropped some catchable balls, yet heā€™s also scored the most TDs and if dropped on almost any other team is instantly WR1.
My standards are a bit higher I guess. I want to see 1400 yards and getting double coverage every week. someone elite DBs fear. Last year Tredavious White ate Waddle, and I get it he was a rookie, bad coaches, etc. But to me I don't see him at the same level as Tyreek, Jefferson, Adams, Kupp, Chase, AJ Brown, Mclaurin. If Waddle is a #1 then Tyreek and these WRs are a #0, they're just on a different level.

Waddleā€™s on pace for 1,500 yards and frequently faces double teams against Cover 2.

Perhaps Iā€™m mistaking youā€™re point about #1. Do you mean #1 in the context of ā€œtop 5 NFL WRā€ vs. a random teamā€™s WR1? If the former, I agree heā€™s not there yet. If the latter, I would argue he absolutely can be WR1 on many NFL teams (ex. Giants, Packers, Bears, Texans, Colts, Titans, etc)

1. The National Media and ESPN hate you.
2. Your QB is the obvious MVP candidate (see # 1 for consideration )
3. You have not lost a game that your QB has played fully in.
4. When you are in the division with the Jets
5. When your #1 and # 2 wide receivers are actually two # 1s
6. You Offense is so new and awesome that modern defenses can't even figure it out.
7. Your Coach is humble and not arrogant.
8. You actually have a running game.
9. You have a defense that can adjust and close out games in the fourth quarter
10. When everyone in the locker room gets along and everyone just does their job

anybody else got some thoughts....
11. Watching all games w AFC teams so I can root against the one closest to us, and rooting for all NFC teams vs. AFC teams. Every game has implications moving forward. GO FINS!

They have the ability to get open . Defenders fear them going long so they play them 5 yard off. You know like zone defense..not many cbs can stay with them.

Back
Top Bottom