You people are bitter... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You people are bitter...

Dolphinizzle said:
Some people are just pessimists, and nothing is ever good enough. There are many of em on this board sadly.

I knew we would either draft Andrews or Carey if they were on board for our pick. I'm glad we got him, he is a major upgrade to our Oline.

Question though: What happens when McIntosh gets healthy? Do we move Vernon Carey to RG?

Maybe Left Tackle depinding on how Wade Smith is doing? :D

ohall said:
Smiley was rated behind Carey, and he was supposed to go in the 2nd round. That's exactly where Smiley went.

Oliver...

Smiley was rated by scouts Inc. at 86 to Carey's 89
Kiper had Smiley ahead of Carey
In an interview of 7 NFL OL coaches Smiley was rated above Carey.
Jake Grove was rated at an 89 equal to Carey and he was picked later in the 2nd round too.

sounds like enough of a similarity to inspire debate dosen't it?
Point being, do you continue to give up draft picks like this organization has when you don't have to. That is what they did to get Carey.

Based on that I don't see where you "brought it" at all.
If you think you "shot me down" you are just not looking at things rationally.
There are Cost to benefit ramifications to consider.

Danny said:
everyone liked Carey, they just didn't like giving up the 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to take him but more people are starting to warm up to the fact that we probably had to move up the 1 spot just to get him so is not as bad as you think. BTW, glad we beat those damn braves.

Ozzy rules!!

It's more like a small minority have a problem with giving up the 4th rnd pick for the #2 rated player of a need position for the Dolphins !!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Trekbiz said:
Smiley was rated by scouts Inc. at 86 to Carey's 89
Kiper had Smiley ahead of Carey
In an interview of 7 NFL OL coaches Smiley was rated above Carey.
Jake Grove was rated at an 89 equal to Carey and he was picked later in the 2nd round too.

sounds like enough of a similarity to inspire debate dosen't it?
Point being, do you continue to give up draft picks like this organization has when you don't have to. That is what they did to get Carey.

Based on that I don't see where you "brought it" at all.
If you think you "shot me down" you are just not looking at things rationally.
There are Cost to benefit ramifications to consider.

The major difference between Carey and Smiley/Grove is that Carey can play tackle, and Smiley and Grove can not. The FO was targeting a tackle and that is why we traded up to get Carey.

iceblizzard69 said:
The major difference between Carey and Smiley/Grove is that Carey can play tackle, and Smiley and Grove can not. The FO was targeting a tackle and that is why we traded up to get Carey.

Exactly! Carey may have graded out similar as a Guard to Smiley/Grove but he is a damn good tackle too which makes him much more valuable to the fins. It can be argued that he is a better OT than OG. All in all a good pick and worth the loss of the 4th, though we will find for true in the next few years.

It's like Muck said yesterday.

"The draft talk will not end. We will debate our two first day picks forever."

Then of course that was reduced to one pick. :lol:

Dolphinizzle said:
I knew we would either draft Andrews or Carey if they were on board for our pick. I'm glad we got him, he is a major upgrade to our Oline.

Question though: What happens when McIntosh gets healthy? Do we move Vernon Carey to RG?

I was upset at first that we traded up for Carey, but after reading that both New England and Dallas were looking to do the same thing, I don't feel quite as bad. The dropoff at tackle was a pretty big one after him; consider that Jacob Rogers didn't go for another 33 picks. So, the FO addressed a position of need.

As for McIntosh, I think they're treating him as a luxury item right now. He's a 330 pound guy with an ankle problem. That kind of recovery tends to be on the long side. I don't think there's a defined plan right now, which is not a bad thing. I imagine they'll let McIntosh practice at RT and maybe LT and see how he looks, and take it from there. I imagine that they'd like him to compete for a starting job in 2005, and if he recovers this year, they'll use him as a swing tackle unless Smith or Carey/St. Clair struggles.

Trekbiz said:
Yet again someone just can't grasp the issue of the debate.
Amazing you guys can dress yourselves and get out the door in the morning without any help. :shakeno:

The big debate is NOT Vernon Carey.
It's a fine pick and adresses our needs.
The debate is whether or not you give up a valuable pick in the 4th just to move up 1 meaningless position to draft Carey. Even if Carey would have been picked before us another Guard, Smiley would still have been there. Smiley has an equal grade as Carey by most and many had him ranked ABOVE Carey. Hence no need to trade the pick. This organization gives out draft picks like a prisoner would give away blow jobs to a parole board! These guys just can't seem to manage a draft. Think it dosen't matter?
The Patriots have built their whole team be hoarding draft picks and making them matter. Look where it has gotten them.

The dissapointment is not in the pick but what we foolishly gave up to get it.
Read before reacting!
Apparently reading comprehension is lacking for many people. The fins have already stated that they see Carey competing at RT and possibly moving to RG if that gives them the best combination. Smiley does not give them that flexibility. Carey and Andrews were the targets.

Carey is a WAY better pick at 19 or 20 than Grove or Smiley for the simple fact that he can play tackle. If you just think a little bit before go off the deep end, some of you guys wouldn't sound so silly......but then it again, as it has been said before here, people will b***h just for the sake of b******g. Relax. Enjoy the day ans see what happens.

at the time of the 19th pick, I was waaay upset over giving up a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to grab Carey. now, having time to think about it, imo it was a good move. look at the fins skill positions, Williams, Chambers, Boston, Mcmichael, if you don't have the horses up front, it doesn't matter how good your stars are! I think the fo did the best they could with what they had!

MiaDfan13 said:
at the time of the 19th pick, I was waaay upset over giving up a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to grab Carey. now, having time to think about it, imo it was a good move. look at the fins skill positions, Williams, Chambers, Boston, Mcmichael, if you don't have the horses up front, it doesn't matter how good your stars are! I think the fo did the best they could with what they had!
Exactly

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Apparently reading comprehension is lacking for many people. The fins have already stated that they see Carey competing at RT and possibly moving to RG if that gives them the best combination. Smiley does not give them that flexibility. Carey and Andrews were the targets.

Also when Philly took Andrew's Reid was asked about Runyun(sp?) at RT and his response was that their intent is to put Andrew's at RG. Philly saw the flexibility in Andrews at RT/RG and the Fin see the flexibility in Carey at either RT/RG. The value is at the multible positions they can play, therefore it simpifies roster adjustments due to injuries. It also shows that although the Fins were interested in Andrews, they also had a backup plan in the case he was gone, and Carey was next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trekbiz said:
Yet again someone just can't grasp the issue of the debate.
Amazing you guys can dress yourselves and get out the door in the morning without any help. :shakeno:

The big debate is NOT Vernon Carey.
It's a fine pick and adresses our needs.
The debate is whether or not you give up a valuable pick in the 4th just to move up 1 meaningless position to draft Carey. Even if Carey would have been picked before us another Guard, Smiley would still have been there. Smiley has an equal grade as Carey by most and many had him ranked ABOVE Carey. Hence no need to trade the pick. This organization gives out draft picks like a prisoner would give away blow jobs to a parole board! These guys just can't seem to manage a draft. Think it dosen't matter?
The Patriots have built their whole team be hoarding draft picks and making them matter. Look where it has gotten them.

The dissapointment is not in the pick but what we foolishly gave up to get it.
Read before reacting!

I can understand some questions about what we are doing sometimes but so much negativity towards our team and the front office, like they have no idea what they are doing, come on these guys are professionals and beyond poular belief they know what they are doing and I'm sure if they traded up to get Carey was b/c they thought there was good enough chance that he would be gone and they would be without. IMO good move you know if phin fans were a little more supportive especially home game, and not so critical And a little more positive we would probably be more successful than we are. :fire: :fire: :fire:

who judges who is pros and who is not YOU? Classic example of someone obviuously valuing their opinion more than they should. Funny smiley went pick 46 so obviously he wasnt rated as high as Carey as 2 teams were looking to get Carey yet neither team drafted smiley in teh first. So teh actual real experts or pros as you call them do not agree with your opinion that the remaining o-line were equal to Carey. Now it is a question on who you believe, the experts or you? Hmmmm not all that hard of a choice.

hunter5nc1 said:
if phin fans were a little more supportive especially home game, and not so critical And a little more positive we would probably be more successful than we are. :fire: :fire: :fire:

If the fans were more supportive we'd be more successful.
There's some insight
Yes we would have won a super bowl by now if we had better fans! :lol:

Maybe we can trade our 4th round pick today for some better fans.
I heard New England is on the phone offering someone that same deal!

Back
Top Bottom