You think our current Qbs drive you crazy... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You think our current Qbs drive you crazy...

If we were to draft Russell we would have to dump Culpepper. It would be ridiculous to have two versions of the same player

If we were to draft Russell we would have to dump Culpepper. It would be ridiculous to have two versions of the same player

:confused: I think most NFL brains would tell you this is exactly what they are trying to do with backup QBs especially so the offense doesnt have to change, based on injury, etc.

The reality is that its often very hard to find two quys that are so alike and enough years seperating them to be Starter, backup, etc. I like Lemon for the same reason. I wouldnt think its a bad thing to have Russell with DC as well.

:confused: I think most NFL brains would tell you this is exactly what they are trying to do with backup QBs especially so the offense doesnt have to change, based on injury, etc.

The reality is that its often very hard to find two quys that are so alike and enough years seperating them to be Starter, backup, etc. I like Lemon for the same reason. I wouldnt think its a bad thing to have Russell with DC as well.

I dont think Lemon is anything at all like Daunte. Generally from what Ive seen is every team tries for a pocket passer first and may try to get an athletic type second on their squad. Very few if any want simply athletic type QBs to fill out their roster.

I dont think Lemon is anything at all like Daunte. Generally from what Ive seen is every team tries for a pocket passer first and may try to get an athletic type second on their squad. Very few if any want simply athletic type QBs to fill out their roster.

Interesting, I think Lemon and DC are more similar than dissimilar. In fact, I think it would be hard to state these differences other than DC is bigger.

Athletic type QBs are exactly what most franchises are hoping for. Pocket Arm with legs that assist if the passing lanes break down, or the pocket collapses, and if you want to take advantage by creating a moving pocket, etc.

Interesting, I think Lemon and DC are more similar than dissimilar. In fact, I think it would be hard to state these differences other than DC is bigger.

Athletic type QBs are exactly what most franchises are hoping for. Pocket Arm with legs that assist if the passing lanes break down, or the pocket collapses.

Disagree. I think the ultimate QB for a coach is one that has pocket mobility but keeps his eyes downfield. The days of the statue QB are over due to defenses ability to get pressure but the days of the running QB have never arrived.

Lemon to me has a rocket for an arm and is more of a speed scrambler whereas Culpepper has a great arm but its not so much about velocity as distance and touch. Daunte also has more of a lumbering type of running ability (or had) where he's more of a straight line scrambler without the jukes. Also Daunte is difficult to bring down even if you hit him. Cleo looks like he's go down fairly easily if you get him square

Well, since neither DC or CL are running QBs, not sure of your attempt to say they are different. Both are Pocket Armed QBs 1st, both possess the ability to create time 2nd, and escape a collapsing pocket while looking downfield to extend the pass opportunity.

Yes, other then size, and DC being a bigger version as far as bringing down, etc. I dont think their styles are different.

I think DC, Lemon, and Russell would be a great 3-some to teach the same techniques and components to.

I love Brohm as well, think he fits the mold as well. Not sure how much time he can buy with his legs, but DC, Lemon and Brohm all provide that same pocket arm, with enough mobility to keep things going.

Clearly, since it is so hard to find QBs that have the same skill set and makeup, you dont avoid a guy like Brohm if he is available.

I cant say right now who I put ahead of the other Brohm or Russell. I think arguments can be made for both....they are very close to each other. I will wait to see who declares, how they work out, combine info, etc.

Miami could do a whole lot worse going from DC, Joey, and Lemon to DC, Lemon and either one of these guys.

As you can see, I will be very surprised if Joey is on this roster next year (his $2M cap room would go a long way). I like him for a mop-up backup, protect a lead type backup, or maybe to win a single game in reserve type backup, but not a 8+ games of the season type starter.

Well, since neither DC or CL are running QBs, not sure of your attempt to say they are different. Both are Pocket Armed QBs 1st, both possess the ability to create time 2nd, and escape a collapsing pocket while looking downfield to extend the pass opportunity.

Yes, other then size, and DC being a bigger version as far as bringing down, etc. I dont think their styles are different.

I think DC, Lemon, and Russell would be a great 3-some to teach the same techniques and components to.

I love Brohm as well, think he fits the mold as well. Not sure how much time he can buy with his legs, but DC, Lemon and Brohm all provide that same pocket arm, with enough mobility to keep things going.

Clearly, since it is so hard to find QBs that have the same skill set and makeup, you dont avoid a guy like Brohm if he is available.

I cant say right now who I put ahead of the other Brohm or Russell. I think arguments can be made for both....they are very close to each other. I will wait to see who declares, how they work out, combine info, etc.

Miami could do a whole lot worse going from DC, Joey, and Lemon to DC, Lemon and either one of these guys.

As you can see, I will be very surprised if Joey is on this roster next year (his $2M cap room would go a long way). I like him for a mop-up backup, protect a lead type backup, or maybe to win a single game in reserve type backup, but not a 8+ games of the season type starter.

I dont know anything about Cleo. I just assumed he was more of a runner because of the rollouts we used. He looked like he had a bit more shake and bake than Culpepper. The optimum type of QB to me is Steve Mcnair before the injuries took their toll. As for Brohm, I would kill to bring him to Miami. After we missed out on Cutler last year I dont think I could take it if we didnt make an effort to bring in another franchise QB

Brohm is not smarter, nor is he more accurrate. He is more white. Perhaps you should have just stated that.

First off I never said he was smarter I said he makes better decisions. Mel Kiper will probably say the same thing during the pre draft.....but I guess hes a racist. So if your going to quote me dont be a lazy *** and get it right. The fact that you boy is being put in the same discussion as Aaron Brooks should tell you something. The guy makes some bonehead choices.

And yes he is more accurate you can take your stats and stick them right in the same place as your posts and your incorrect quotes. Tell you what watch them in the bowls and tell me whod youd rather have as a QB.

I dont think he makes good choices. Ive seen him play three games and I came away after all of them saying the same thing. I dont think he makes good decisions. I think hes a decent QB but I dont see him ahead of Brady or Brohm. If thats what it takes for you to infer somebody is a racist then you are just sad ad well as stupid.

You're right. The year is 2006 and racism no longer exists. My bad.

Seriously, racial prejudices are prevalent in sports. Daunte Culpepper didn't work hard at his rehab, but Carson Palmer did. Wes Welker is "deceptively fast".

Silverloop said Brohm is "far more accurate" than Russell. That's not true. And how the heck would Silverloop know who "makes better decisions". His comments reek of racism and I called him out on it.

No you didnt call me out on anything . You made yourself look like an idiot. Ive seen them both play.....Ive actually seen every game Brohm has played in college. I think hes far more accurate from what Ive seen. The games I saw Russell he made some bonehead throws , Its my opinion as somebody who has watched them play that Brohm makes better decisions and is more accurate.

How that reeks of racism is beyond me. I never said he was stupid. I never said anything about him being black. Your looking for something that is not there. If you want to disagree with me thats fine, its your right. However for you to infer that my post was racist is really unufair. I suggest the next time you want to flap your gums about something you get something more substantial to reply to than your own need to get on a high horse and seem politcally correct.

Sorry your high horse has no legs today.

I would not use a first rounder on JaMarcus.....2nd round maybe. He has great size and arm strength but he seems to make some boneheaded throws.

Hmm, pocket passer with good mobility, good decision maker, and a strong, accurate arm.

*caugh*Troy Smith*cough*
I think the Steve McNair comparison is a nice one, a few inches be damned!

And just because Jamarcus makes boneheaded plays doesnt mean hes stuipid because hes black. Hes a black QB who makes boneheaded plays, kinda like Daunte!! (Btw, for those saying Russel just needs coaching, look at daunte, been an NFL pro for how long and STILL makes those boneheaded plays). White QBs can make stupid plays too.

Id love Smith (black btw) or Brohm in the first, color beside the point.

On a side note:
There IS still real racism going on, and to demean those who experience and TRULLY are victimized by it is just shameful Gardenhead. This discussion had NOTHING to do with race before you came into it. People of any race can be stupid, or make stupid plays. Just look at Joey, or Eli Manning for proof. Before popping off with the overplayed race card maybe you need to get a clue. Jesse Jackson wannabe. *rant off*

JaMarcus Russell's completion percentage for 2006 is 68.5%
Brian Brohm's completion percentage for 2006 is 62.7%

So Brian Brohm is not "far more accurate" than JaMarcus Russell.

Don't confuse being white with being accurate and smart. It doesn't work like that.

Wow please don't go there with the race card

Back
Top Bottom