You watch the preseason games... So, Who looks real good? Real bad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You watch the preseason games... So, Who looks real good? Real bad?

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
** i would like this to become a centralized thread from informed people who were really impressed by a certain rookie or unknown player in a game this preseason... if you sit around on your couch and watch nfl network a lot, or go to camp somewhere, and happen to catch a game and notice some rookie lineman, or guy coming back from injury around the league, chime in to this thread and offer a few sentences ... or if some heralded rookie sucks... ((try to keep the bickering to a minimum)) ** ...

i'll offer two to start:

Det. rookie LB Ernie Sims ... Lions might have a gem here... Was watching the Denver-Detroit game and he tackles with ferocity, real fast, and dominated on kick coverage... he'll be with the first team within the week...

Patriots H-back Garrett Mills, ... Hate to say it, but New England has got a real good pass catching fullback here... I rememeber one pre-draft mag. said he was the best receiving FB/Hback in the draft... He's catching everything they're throwing to him, after getting into camp just this past week... went 5 for 75 vs. Atlanta...

Ernie is a great LB, he just gets hurt a little too much. He tries to kill the ball carrier every time and ends up costing himself in the long run.

Rashied Davis is looking good for the Bears. He is competing for the number 2 receiver spot

HysterikiLL said:
Rashied Davis is looking good for the Bears. He is competing for the number 2 receiver spot

Didn't Berrian fumble in the first quarter this past week? Even before that, I'd say the No. 2 spot for the Bears was quite open, yes...

Not a rookie.....but C Jake Grove of the Raiders has looked like complete garbage. May be on the worst line in the league, and still stuck out as amazingly bad.

it doesn't have to be a rookie, ... and yes, Maroney looked great...

Also, I thought Steve McNair looked good in his TD drive against the Giants... On target, running with abandon and great poise in and out of the huddle... Ravens finally have a quarterback.

So far the names the come to mind first are Hank Baskett, WR for the Eagles. Went undrafted this year, could turn into a real story. Laurence Maroney also did well, I hate to say it though. I really liked to watch him in college, its a shame the pats took him. The other person they could have taken was Deangelo Williams though, and he impressed me in college, haven't seen him in preseaon yet. Oh and Reggie Bush impressed me too, even without the one huge run, which was very poor containment by the Titans. It was still a good run though. That's all that comes to mind right now.

Mario Williams looks HORRIBLE. I mean, he may just turn out to be a bust.

This guy got owned by Kyle Turkey in the first preseason game; KYLE TURKEY HASN'T PLAYED A DOWN SINCE 2003 AND WAS WORKING OUT HERE TO BE A TIGHT END. Now he's a guard I beleive for the Chiefs.

Just upsetting, if I am Houston fan, I would just root for the New Orleans Saints. You have many Saints fans there in Houston, plus New Orleans has the player you wanted.

Frank Gore looked great in week 1, Brandon Jacobs looks very good

nick1 said:
Frank Gore looked great in week 1, Brandon Jacobs looks very good

Yes, i looked at the gamebook for the Niners-Bears... It was Gore for 7, Gore for 6, Gore for 8, Gore for 5... He got plenty of work, and I think the Niners are tired of Barlow's act... Norv Turner and an improved O-line? They can get 1000 yds out of Gore this year, easily

Frank Gore is a great story... With a sick mother (on dialysis, i believe), he only wanted to be able to provide medical care for her with an NFL paycheck when he was a kid... Two shredded knees at Miami made things look bleak, but here he is, still perservering, making it all the way to the NFL... He's a solid run/pass threat, and a no-nonsense runner... I like him a lot..

Back
Top Bottom