Young Knicks reportedly rip fired coach Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young Knicks reportedly rip fired coach Brown

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
A quick glance at some of the New York newspapers indicates that at least some of younger Knicks players were either unhappy, confused  or both  in their lone season under fired coach Larry Brown.

Brown and the players had been under a gag order while the Knicks' brass  namely chairman James Dolan and team president Isiah Thomas  worked out a pink-slip plan for the veteran coach.

The players, however, were free to speak with the news media from a recent summer league practice in Las Vegas.

Point guard Nate Robinson was one of three rookies whose floor time was varied to say the least.

"Coach Brown is so old-school," Robinson told the New York Post. "He wants everything done just like this, not getting the crowd involved. Isiah wants everyone to have fun.

"At first he (Brown) was trying to take my joy (away)  don't do this, don't do that. At the same time I had people in my corner saying, 'Don't ever change who you are. You got here by being who you are. By being Nate Robinson,'" he said.

Forward Channing Frye showed considerable promise as he averaged 12.3 points and 5.7 rebounds under Brown last season. But the former University of Arizona star told the New York Daily News that the season was a "giant circus" and that Thomas, as the new head coach, has provided "positive reinforcement."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5765544?FSO1&ATT=HMA

How ******ed. A rookie who never won a damned thing but a slam dunk competition which was STOLEN from Igoudala ripping a coach who won an NBA and NCAA championship and is amongst the NBA leaders in wins.

Isiah Thomas is not even on Brown's level. And guess what? Knicks aren't even a playoff team next year:

1. Detroit -- Yeah, they still have a great squad that can win in long streaks even without Ben Wallace. Mohammad is a decent defender, that can score and shoot free throws. I think they can adjust well.
2. Miami -- Miami will cruise along the season, and then play to their full potential in the playoffs, AGAIN. Dwyane Wade for Finals MVP x 2.
3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Boston
6. Orlando -- Hottest team to end the season. This team is going places.
7. New Jersey
8. Washington -- I love watching the Wizards play, but they are still missing something. And Jared Jeffries is having a difficult time accepting a new contract.

Teams behind competing for the 8th spot:
Indiana/Philadelphia/Toronto/Atlanta/Charlotte

Nate Robinson is a joke! Thomas caaused the circus and planned this all along!

Vertical Limit said:
How ******ed. A rookie who never won a damned thing but a slam dunk competition which was STOLEN from Igoudala ripping a coach who won an NBA and NCAA championship and is amongst the NBA leaders in wins.

Isiah Thomas is not even on Brown's level. And guess what? Knicks aren't even a playoff team next year:

1. Detroit -- Yeah, they still have a great squad that can win in long streaks even without Ben Wallace. Mohammad is a decent defender, that can score and shoot free throws. I think they can adjust well.
2. Miami -- Miami will cruise along the season, and then play to their full potential in the playoffs, AGAIN. Dwyane Wade for Finals MVP x 2.
3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Boston
7. New Jersey
8. Washington -- I love watching the Wizards play, but they are still missing something. And Jared Jeffries is having a difficult time accepting a new contract.

Heres mine

EAST
1. Miami
2. New Jersey
3. Detroit
4. Cleveland
5. Chicago
6. Milwaukee
7. Orlando
8. Charlotte

WEST
1. San Antonio
2. Pheonix
3. Minnesota
4. Dallas
5. LA Lakers
6. LA Clippers
7. Merphis
8. New Orleans

Vertical Limit said:

3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Boston
7. New Jersey

If Atlanta finishes above the Bucks I will burn my eyeballs out with hot steel rods..

Larry Brown is a great coach; but is it possible he has a problem communicating with players. He had problems with Allen Iverson although I think both respected each other, the fiasco with the Pistons two seasons ago was a joke and the circus that was the Knicks last year. I think I remember hearing how about how hard Gregg Popovich was on Tony Parker but nothing really is ever said bad about him by the players. I'm just going to guess both are old-school but Pop has guys like Tim Duncan/Robert Horry/Bruce Bowen who can pull young players aside which I don't think Marbury ever would or any other player on the Knicks for that matter.

djfresh47 said:
Larry Brown is a great coach; but is it possible he has a problem communicating with players. He had problems with Allen Iverson although I think both respected each other, the fiasco with the Pistons two seasons ago was a joke and the circus that was the Knicks last year. I think I remember hearing how about how hard Gregg Popovich was on Tony Parker but nothing really is ever said bad about him by the players. I'm just going to guess both are old-school but Pop has guys like Tim Duncan/Robert Horry/Bruce Bowen who can pull young players aside which I don't think Marbury ever would or any other player on the Knicks for that matter.

Good Point..That is the value and importance of having veteran players...

I wish the Knicks would just trade everybody for AI. Then we could watch some exciting basketball in New York again.

Vertical Limit said:

3. Cleveland
4. Chicago
5. Boston
7. New Jersey

celtics that high?

Part of that blame brown had coming. I mean I love the Knicks, for reasons I still cant figure out, but you use 42 starting lineups, constantly change what you expect, bench players who are playing well (Specifically Lee, Frye, and jackie Butler) and you know you deserve a fair share of blame. By constantly changing you dont give the team a chance to mesh.

Sure a lot of it is the players faults because defensively they stink and in some cases, Crawford, Q, Frye, Butler and Lee aside, made little effort on D. But Brown could have also adapted to what the players do well which is allow them to play with more freedom on offense because anyone can say that team bites on D but offensively dont tell me that team isnt without talent. They make lack a little in unselfishness but theyre not without talent. They could have easily won a few more games if brown werent trying to teach a lot of young players how to play in a complicated offense. And thats part of why i think the Knicks will be at least 10 games better under Isiah; because they do have the firepower to outscore a lot of teams.

Boik14 said:
Part of that blame brown had coming. I mean I love the Knicks, for reasons I still cant figure out, but you use 42 starting lineups, constantly change what you expect, bench players who are playing well (Specifically Lee, Frye, and jackie Butler) and you know you deserve a fair share of blame. By constantly changing you dont give the team a chance to mesh.

Sure a lot of it is the players faults because defensively they stink and in some cases, Crawford, Q, Frye, Butler and Lee aside, made little effort on D. But Brown could have also adapted to what the players do well which is allow them to play with more freedom on offense because anyone can say that team bites on D but offensively dont tell me that team isnt without talent. They make lack a little in unselfishness but theyre not without talent. They could have easily won a few more games if brown werent trying to teach a lot of young players how to play in a complicated offense. And thats part of why i think the Knicks will be at least 10 games better under Isiah; because they do have the firepower to outscore a lot of teams.

The Knicks have talent but I don't think it fits together well. Their draft class from last year when I seen them play they played well. Why did Isiah trade for Francis? New York, IMO has alot of guys who need the ball in their hand to be effective but because they're a selfish team they will fail. Channing Frye I think can be a very good player in the league and David Lee can be a top-notch 6th man who brings energy but everybody else on the team I view as selfish and guys who would rather score 20 and lose than score 10 and have 5 assists and win.

Back
Top Bottom