Young wants to join the Texans... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young wants to join the Texans...

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Texans | Young says he would love to join Houston
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:33:15 -0800

The Associated Press reports Texas junior QB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/13206/nfl">Vince Young said Monday, Jan. 30, he would love to join the Houston Texans. "They're trying to build a franchise team," said Young. "If they need me to come down to help out, I'll be happy to do it. It would be a great accomplishment going as the No. 1 pick in the nation. It would show how much a team wants you and wants to build around you. That's real sweet."

What would this do to the team.... and would that allow us to snatch David Carr

won't happen, but would definitely make the draft even more interesting considering everyone already has Bush in a Texans Uni.

Big surprise, he wants to go to his hometown team while making millions more than he would as the 2nd or 3rd pick.

In_Flames said:
won't happen, but would definitely make the draft even more interesting considering everyone already has Bush in a Texans Uni.

I wouldn't be so sure. Anythings possible.

SpeedRush99 said:
I wouldn't be so sure. Anythings possible.

Kubiak seems to have a man crush on Carr...I just don't see it happening...but yes, anythings possible..

Didnt Kubiak talk about building a team around Carr? The are drafting Bush or trading down.

finfansince72 said:
Didnt Kubiak talk about building a team around Carr? The are drafting Bush or trading down.

pretty much, he has to play the part of course and pretend he hasn't completely made up his mind....but here, here is an article that pretty much sums it up..

Kubiak on Carr : "But you are right from the standpoint that I'm a David Carr fan. I watch him work, I know what kind of skills he has and I know as a coach what you've got to have to work with in this league to win. And there's no reason why David shouldn't be a very successful quarterback. That's my job, that's my challenge and I can't wait to get going with it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3616478.html

They're (insert team name here) trying to build a franchise team," said Young. "If they need me to come down to help out, I'll be happy to do it.

Pat answer.

dominizzo said:
Houston is drafting a man named Reggie Bush
If Houston had half a brain, they would draft Reggie Bush. David Carr isn't a bad QB, he just needs a few weapons, other than just having Andre Johnson.

Drafting a QB is risky. There have been alot of busts in the first round at the QB position. It might have worked well for some teams, but if you want get answers quickly, drafting a running back is the way to go.

The Dolphins and Buccaneers drafted running backs last season after one having a 4-12 season and the other 5-11. They both passed on Aaron Rodgers, when they both really needed a QB.

How did the running backs came out? Well, one franchise finished 9-7 and the other finished with a short playoff run.

When drafting a QB, especially a junior out of College, you have to groom him for a year or two and then put him in to play. The only QB that I see starting in the NFL in his rookie season is Matt Leinart.

FinAtic8480 said:
Texans | Young says he would love to join Houston
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:33:15 -0800

The Associated Press reports Texas junior QB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/13206/nfl">Vince Young said Monday, Jan. 30, he would love to join the Houston Texans. "They're trying to build a franchise team," said Young. "If they need me to come down to help out, I'll be happy to do it. It would be a great accomplishment going as the No. 1 pick in the nation. It would show how much a team wants you and wants to build around you. That's real sweet."

What would this do to the team.... and would that allow us to snatch David Carr
Not sure what a "Franchise team" is. I guess he's saying they are trying to get some good players in order to field the best team possible. I'm pretty sure every team is trying to do this. Also, if the Texans picked him #1, that is not an accomplishment on his part. It's an honor, an accolade, but not an achievement. Not too sold on this guys smarts. Maybe he should just let his agent do all the talking.

Dolfan4life! said:
Not sure what a "Franchise team" is. I guess he's saying they are trying to get some good players in order to field the best team possible. I'm pretty sure every team is trying to do this. Also, if the Texans picked him #1, that is not an accomplishment on his part. It's an honor, an accolade, but not an achievement. Not too sold on this guys smarts. Maybe he should just let his agent do all the talking.

How can you say its not an accomplishment to be drafted #1 overall?

You work all through high school and college to be drafted and being #1 overall is an accomplishment

Thats like saying winning the heisman isnt an accomplishment but just an accolade.

Anything you work for and get is an accomplishment, being drafted #1 overall means that there were 223 other players that team thought you were better than that got drafted

Its a major accomplishment

Alex22 said:
How can you say its not an accomplishment to be drafted #1 overall?

You work all through high school and college to be drafted and being #1 overall is an accomplishment

Thats like saying winning the heisman isnt an accomplishment but just an accolade.

Anything you work for and get is an accomplishment, being drafted #1 overall means that there were 223 other players that team thought you were better than that got drafted

Its a major accomplishment
So when Rodgers fell from possibly being the #1 overall pick last year all the way to #24, did that change anything he has accomplished up to that point? It would have been a great accomplishment if he was picked #1 but he's a bit of a disappointment because he fell to #24? Where a team decides to draft you is not an accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom