Young wants to join the Texans... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young wants to join the Texans...

Texans need a alot of players.
Bush, Young, etc
None of the above will help if their OL continues to suck.

Wow imagine that a first round player saying that he would love to go to the team picking first so he could make the most money...wow....mind-blow

FinAtic8480 said:
Texans | Young says he would love to join Houston
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:33:15 -0800

The Associated Press reports Texas junior QB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/13206/nfl">Vince Young said Monday, Jan. 30, he would love to join the Houston Texans. "They're trying to build a franchise team," said Young. "If they need me to come down to help out, I'll be happy to do it. It would be a great accomplishment going as the No. 1 pick in the nation. It would show how much a team wants you and wants to build around you. That's real sweet."

What would this do to the team.... and would that allow us to snatch David Carr
If I'm the Texans, I'd look long and hard at the possibility of committing to Young with the first (now), and working out a trade with the Fins for RW. Having two former superstar longhorns in the backfield would be a PR gem and would absolutely fill the seats and give the fans alot to cheer for. It's a very sexy proposition for the front office. Dunno?

Dolfan4life! said:
So when Rodgers fell from possibly being the #1 overall pick last year all the way to #24, did that change anything he has accomplished up to that point? It would have been a great accomplishment if he was picked #1 but he's a bit of a disappointment because he fell to #24? Where a team decides to draft you is not an accomplishment.

Of course its an accomplishment, thats why the last draft pick is called 'Mr. Irrelivant' and the first draft pick isnt

Aaron Rodgers should be disappointed a little, because being drafted #1 is a personal accomplishment, ask anyone who has ever played a sport in their life

wont happen carr is a good qb and with bush they will be good think about it if they take young they will probaly trade carr for a HB and since carr is not that valuable the HB wont be that good... unless we trade ricky for carr then that leaves young and ricky. pretty good

Caps said:
Big surprise, he wants to go to his hometown team while making millions more than he would as the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Exactly...who doesnt want to go 1st overall? It didnt sound like he was endorsing the franchise as much as saying what his agent told him to

Dolfan4life! said:
Not sure what a "Franchise team" is. I guess he's saying they are trying to get some good players in order to field the best team possible. I'm pretty sure every team is trying to do this. Also, if the Texans picked him #1, that is not an accomplishment on his part. It's an honor, an accolade, but not an achievement. Not too sold on this guys smarts. Maybe he should just let his agent do all the talking.

You're insulting a guy's intelligence because he uses a word slightly differently than you do?

:shakeno:

It is not an unreasonable use of the word.

Think about when your playing a pick up game with your friends. When you get picked first you just look around with a big smirk and know that the captain of your team thought you were the best player out there.

And if you get picked last you feel like garbage. I don't think i'd care wheather i got drafted 1st or 223rd as long as i'm in the NFL.

Alex22 said:
Of course its an accomplishment, thats why the last draft pick is called 'Mr. Irrelivant' and the first draft pick isnt

Aaron Rodgers should be disappointed a little, because being drafted #1 is a personal accomplishment, ask anyone who has ever played a sport in their life
So if the Texans Pick him #1 overall it's a huge individual accomplishment on Youngs part, but if they don't pick him #1 he hasn't accomplished as much? He doesn't determine who they will pick. It's not within his power to control on draft day, therefore it's not an accomplishment. He chose the wrong wording, I know it's semantics, but in a lot of his interviews he just does not come across as a very intelligent person.

nopony said:
You're insulting a guy's intelligence because he uses a word slightly differently than you do?

:shakeno:

It is not an unreasonable use of the word.
I was using this as an example of how I feel he is not a very intelligent individual. I could list a plethora of other examples but for the sake of arguement I didn't feel it was necessary. I should have known you would find this thread eventually and belittle my post. Silly me, I'll provide more examples next time.

Back
Top Bottom