Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time

marino obviously... and ronnie brown has somehow taken over my dolphins life, haha... i cant image how much more i'll love the dude when hes got his probowls and hes an MVP candidate
:yes:

Hard to choose but it would be between Marino and Csonka.

I think Jim Jensen is a close third. With him around in the late 80's, I always knew where Marino was going on 3rd down.

ive always been a fan of phins recievers thats why i had chambers....i also liked duper mcduffie gadsden and clayton and also mare taylor and thomas...i just like the things that chambers does the best and i could really care less about the drops that he has....hes a preformer

Czonka is DA MAN.

My favorite Dolphins receiver was that chubby TE Danny used to throw to, Keith Jackson. Who will go to the Hall of Fame soon, if he isn't already there...

I liked Oronde a lot as well, Chambers may be my least liked fin of all time...

:dolphins:

I noticed as I read this thread that your favorite Dolphin has a lot to do with your age. I for one being on the older side of my football career, remember the Dolphins going to three straight Super Bowls I was 10 yrs old when that started. So for me it would be Csonka, Manny, Jake Scott, Dick Anderson, Merucry Morris and all of the ’72 team. When you’re a young kid these guy’s were like “god’sâ€Â. As you get older and the season’s go by you pick new guys, Marino, Offerdahl, Nat Moore, Dwight Stevenson best center EVER, AJ Duhe, just to name a few. Of course now you have Zack, JT, Ronnie, Welker. But my all time Dolphin would have to be the person who put the whole thing together, “Shula

†if it weren’t for him we wouldn’t have had the pleasure of praising a lot of the “Older Dolphinsâ€Â.
Great post. Many memories for me too. Loved those guys and continue to love the team after all these years.(over 30 yrs.)

I really like Czonka and even though I am young I have watched a lot of old Dolphin videos!

My favourite of all-time is yet to be known I haven't filled that spot yet even though I will argue till the day I die that Marino is the best passer ever! Maybe not the best QB but the best passer for sure!

1. Clayton

2. Zach
3. Offerdahl

Honorables: Taylor, Marino, Duper, Jensen, Gadsden, McDuffie, Cross, Oliver

I really like Czonka and even though I am young I have watched a lot of old Dolphin videos!
It's a tie between Marino and Csonka for me. The play that says it all about Csonk was the time he got a 15 yard personal foul for slugging a (Jets?) defensive back... when Csonk was carrying the ball... which he did instead of stepping out of bounds... after getting a great gain... which seemed to open up the running lanes for the Dolphins for the rest of the game... :D

It's a tie between Marino and Csonka for me. The play that says it all about Csonk was the time he got a 15 yard personal foul for slugging a (Jets?) defensive back... when Csonk was carrying the ball... which he did instead of stepping out of bounds... after getting a great gain... which seemed to open up the running lanes for the Dolphins for the rest of the game... :D

Zonk was one of a kind. I remember laughing like hell when the Dolphins were penalized on that play. Never saw anything like it before or since. As I remember it, I think the Dolphins went on to score anyway.

I always loved Czonka, I read a book when I was a kid "Greise Czonka one two punch" was a good read for a kid in the 70s, but I have since turned from the dark side. ;)

Early 70s:

Csonka
Kuechenberg
Dick Anderson

Late 70s:

Duhe
Moore

80's:

Marino*
Offerdahl*
Jensen*
Clayton*
Nathan (don't tear my head off)

Post 90:

Thomas
Webb

*All time faves

Honorable mention:

Ricky Williams (could've been an all-time top 5 RB with a different brain)
Ronnie Brown (a better future than most realize)

John

Back
Top Bottom