Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time

How can anyone not pick Marino?

Everyone is different.

I think you probably should watch some highlight clips of the 72 UNDEFEATED, Super Bowl champion Dolphins, with Zsonka & Kiick pounding the ball right down the other teams throats...

I'd have to say Marino. No question about that. After him, I know he wasnt a player... but Shula. Then Csonka, Jason Taylor, and Zach Thomas all up there as well

All Time favorite Dolphin is of course Marino, current Dolphin would be Zach Thomas...:wink:

How can anyone not pick Marino?

well being a younger fan (only 18) i have been watching football for only about 4 or 5 years now. i understand how much marino did for the team in the past, but ive never watched a single game of him only random highlights and stuff. i respect him, but its hard to love somebody that you have never watched closely.

Zonk...

"I go back to 1970, it will always probably be Larry Csonka for me.

He was a freaking monster."
Me too, few players defined the game like Csonka. The number of yards he got consistantly on first down when everyone KNEW he was carrying, when everyone KNEW where he was going with it is astounding. This in my humble opinion makes him the greatest running back of all time. Certainly the greatest fullback.
"How can anyone not pick Marino?"
Love the guy, but still. Read the above. A sentimental favorite would be Larry Seiple, he cleared a lot of roster spots with his versatility. He got us into the Super Bowl.

1) Dan Marino
2) Bernie Parmalee
3) O.J. McDuffie
4) Ricky Williams
5) Zach Thomas
6) Jason Taylor
7) Oronde Gadsden
8) Keith Byars
9) Keith Jackson
10) Irving Fryar

Now thats some hialrious crap right there. Made me laugh out loud like a special ed kid at summer camp!!!

Trouble is, with the exceptions of the bears, it's basically true. My favorite Csonka tale is one told by Paul Christman, the late color commentator for the NBC AFC telecasts, teamed with Curt Gowdy. He was working a game when the Phins were just running down the Jets throats (boy, does that sound good), and the Phins need three yards for a first down. Christman said something like "Oh, it's third and three for the Dolphins, and everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows who's going to get the football.". Csonka did, and got the first down.

I have to say Dan Marino. Back in 1991 I turned on a football game and Miami was playing. I saw this amazing QB who was tearing it up. I thought, "Man, this guy is great." I became a Dolphin fan on that day and have been ever since. If I hadn't turned on that game, being in Iowa, I probably would have become a Packer fan, and that would just be sick.

It was Zonk,Griese,and Kuechenburg in the early days. Later it was Zach and Marino.

Brian Cox
Zach Thomas
Brock Marion
Dan Marino
Ricky Williams
Larry Csonka
John Offerdahl
Mark Brown
Mike Kolen
Tony Nathan

The list goes on...

Csonka!
I remember watching him drag two defenders 10 yards down the field vs. the Bears. Made me a huge fan of power football.

For a couple of guys that were just fun to watch....
Benny "The Spider" Malone. His legs looked like a blender when he ran!
Reggie Roby. Punts sounded like cannon fire!

Back
Top Bottom