Your opinion please | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your opinion please

What would you do?

• Trade up! It's Quinn!

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Keep the pick. Draft picks are important.

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Okay, let's just say, for hypothetical purposes, we are looking to draft QB (which is most likely going to happen). But you find out that the team two spots ahead of you wants to draft to draft a QB as well, and Quinn is on the board on their pick. Would you.....

A). Trade up, because we do need a developmental QB and Quinn is one of the best at that position... or

B). Keep your pick and try to seek a QB in the later rounds. After all, all picks are valuable.

Discuss....

(Please wait for poll).

Keep what you got and work from there. Teams that trade up always seem to have it blow up in their face.

trade down and aquire more picks

and TRADE DOWN SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN OPTION ON YOUR POLL

Have to trade up. This franchise needs to draft a big time QB. Something that hasn't been done since Marino. We can't keep getting everybody elses castoffs. Quinn has been in a system at ND that will allow him to adjust to the NFL game faster then other QB's coming out of the draft. Sure we will lose some draft picks, but sometimes you have to take a risk.

With as many holes as this team has, I simply don't see how you can give up picks to move up. Moving up within the top 10 picks will require at least a 2nd rounder and possibly our 1st next year. The price is too steep IMO.

Okay, let's just say, for hypothetical purposes, we are looking to draft QB (which is most likely going to happen). But you find out that the team two spots ahead of you wants to draft to draft a QB as well, and Quinn is on the board on their pick. Would you.....

A). Trade up, because we do need a developmental QB and Quinn is one of the best at that position... or

B). Keep your pick and try to seek a QB in the later rounds. After all, all picks are valuable.

Discuss....

(Please wait for poll).

I think the Phins should just select the BPA that fits their teams NEED, and draft a QB in later rounds. Drew Stanton comes to mind.

GO PHINS~!

I'm usually not in favor of giving up picks to move up, but I'm on the Quinn bandwagon, hook line and sinker!!! I'm kind a in the "Get Quinn at all costs" mode right now.

Maybe I'm a fool, but that's what I would do! Trade up if we get word he won't make it to us! Of course, it would all depend on what we would have to trade to trade up.

Would it be 2008's #1? Would it be our #2 this year, plus a later pick? In reality, what will it really take to move up a pick or two?

But I'm tired of this sub-par QB play we've had since Danny left (and probably Danny's last three years overall as well). Time to take a chance. Maybe Quinn won't be a superstar, but I just don't see how he could ever be a bust! At worst, he's Trent Green. I would have taken that the past seven seasons!

I think the Phins should just select the BPA that fits their teams NEED, and draft a QB in later rounds. Drew Stanton comes to mind.

GO PHINS~!
I like Quinn more, but I also like Stanton. But - I fear - Stanton may not be around after round one!!

He had a nice Senior Bowl, and if he rocks at the combine, look for him to skyrocket!! Philip Rivers was a 2nd-3rd round pick for a while too, till he wowed scouts down the stretch. Stanton won't jump up to the top of the draft mind you, but there's no way he's even available for us in round two!

time to draft a franchise QB !!!

:goof: :D :goof: :D

time to draft a franchise QB !!!

:goof: :D :goof: :D
:up:

As much as we still need to fill other positions - like OL - we need a QB first!!!

Think of it like this. In baseball, you have to have good pitching more than anything. You can score a ton of runs, but if you don't have the pitching, you're done for. Same goes for OL in football. You can have a ton of talent everywhere, but if you don't have the OL (pitching), you're done for.

That said, having a good QB is like having an ACE on your pitching staff. The best QBs in the NFL are the Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez's of the league!!! ACEs on your staff make a big difference in baseball. Having a good QB in football makes all the difference as well!

Have to trade up. This franchise needs to draft a big time QB. Something that hasn't been done since Marino. We can't keep getting everybody elses castoffs. Quinn has been in a system at ND that will allow him to adjust to the NFL game faster then other QB's coming out of the draft. Sure we will lose some draft picks, but sometimes you have to take a risk.
Perhaps, but Marino fell to us, it was destined to happen. We did not force the pick, we did not trade. I would love to see Quinn in Miami, but I would not trade up for him. If he falls to us, that would be great. I like having as many picks as we can. Too bad we do not have the 5th round pick.

Back
Top Bottom