Your opinion please | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your opinion please

What would you do?

• Trade up! It's Quinn!

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Keep the pick. Draft picks are important.

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
I'm hoping Quinn will fall to us. But if a trade up is necessary, it'd have to depend on the trade.

I think we just need to play our hand at #9.....I don't think we can afford giving up picks. Take the BPA......I know we need a QB but if Quinn is gone by the #9 spot then we make due with what we have for now and go after a QB like Brennan or Brohm next year.

i agree that we just take the BPA. We need all the picks we can get. The Fins are more than one player away from being a contender.

Okay, let's just say, for hypothetical purposes, we are looking to draft QB (which is most likely going to happen). But you find out that the team two spots ahead of you wants to draft to draft a QB as well, and Quinn is on the board on their pick. Would you.....

A). Trade up, because we do need a developmental QB and Quinn is one of the best at that position... or

B). Keep your pick and try to seek a QB in the later rounds. After all, all picks are valuable.

Discuss....

(Please wait for poll).

It depends. I really don't think the Dolphins are planning to trade up but even speculating on speculation is absolutely pre-mature at this date. If they really think Quinn is going to be an impact player in the NFL, then they should draft him. I personally think you draft the BPA regardless of any of your needs.

If had a scouting department at my disposal, I would rank the top 250 players in the draft and cross each one off as they were drafted. Which ever player was available at the top of my list when I select, that is who I would take.

I hope the Dolphins do the same.

I believe it depends how good you believe the QB in question is. I don't think there is a 'you shouldnt ever trade up when you have other needs' rule like some people seem to suggest. If you think that the QB is the next Manning or Brees you trade up for him obviously. If you have any questions about his potential IMO you dont take the risk and trade up. In that case it's not worth it.

I'll say what I've said all offseason. If Quinn or Russell falls to us, which is very likely especially since most GMs have CJ as the top player in the draft, we need to take our time making the pick and see if we can coax Carolina into trading up. If they don't take the bait, take Quinn/Russell. From all indictions Daunte will be given a shot to start, but the fact that he's had 2 bad seasons in a row, and doesn't seem to have the best work ethic right now, we need to be prepared in case Daunte doesn't succeed, but under no circumstances should we trade up in the first; especially when other first day QBs like Stanton,Edwards, Kolb, and Smith have good pro potential.

I like Quinn more, but I also like Stanton. But - I fear - Stanton may not be around after round one!!

He had a nice Senior Bowl, and if he rocks at the combine, look for him to skyrocket!! Philip Rivers was a 2nd-3rd round pick for a while too, till he wowed scouts down the stretch. Stanton won't jump up to the top of the draft mind you, but there's no way he's even available for us in round two!

You might be right about that. I had him going in the third round in my projected wish list but the more I think about it the more I think you may be right. I don't think using the first pick on a QB is ever a bad idea, especially when your starting and backup QB's stink the joint up.

GO PHINS~!

You might be right about that. I had him going in the third round in my projected wish list but the more I think about it the more I think you may be right. I don't think using the first pick on a QB is ever a bad idea, especially when your starting and backup QB's stink the joint up.

GO PHINS~!

Off Topic: Your sig is the exact same as mine was a few weeks ago until I notice Stanton wouldnt be there in the 3rd. Then I changed it to Kevin Kolb (Also mine only went 4 rounds, with the 4th rounder being WR David Ball.

Back
Top Bottom