your QB is as.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your QB is as....

upstart

The Snow Plow Game
Reaction score
Good as Tom Brady....you people have had in the past the
BEST QB in the NFL.....now you have a good QB,you should
be happy...you could have Vinny for QB

Thanks for saying so but Brady is a Super Bowl winner and a Pro Bowl Quarterback and he's twice as good as Fiedler.

If Fiedler throws that OT pass that Brady won the game with, it's underthrown and intercepted.

Fiedler is good, but not as good as Brady. I used to say Brady has no arm strength and other stuff. He proved yesterday that he has some.

Originally posted by Pagan
If Fiedler throws that OT pass that Brady won the game with, it's underthrown and intercepted.

LOL pagan..Exactly. I hope Fiedler was watching as a starting qb on another team threw beautifully to an open receiver. Maybe in a few years Jay can do that...

Excuse me. Maybe you all were watching a different game. If you were watching the same one that I did, you would have noticed a few things. First, Jay had to throw under duress, Brady did not have a single pass rusher in his face; second, Fiedler had to throw on the run and didn't have time to plant, set and throw. Brady had ample opportunity to do just that. Third, Fiedler had to throw across his body, Brady did not. Maybe, just maybe if so many people would not decide before the play happens that everything must be Jay's fault and give in to their self-fulfilling prophecies they may just notice that there are a lot of factors that go into a football game.

Excuse me. Maybe you all were watching a different game. If you were watching the same one that I did, you would have noticed a few things. First, Jay had to throw under duress, Brady did not have a single pass rusher in his face; second, Fiedler had to throw on the run and didn't have time to plant, set and throw. Brady had ample opportunity to do just that. Third, Fiedler had to throw across his body, Brady did not. Maybe, just maybe if so many people would not decide before the play happens that everything must be Jay's fault and give in to their self-fulfilling prophecies they may just notice that there are a lot of factors that go into a football game.

Instead of starting with "excuse me" it should have been "excuses me", cause that's all I see above.

What you fail to see is that Brady, with that last TD pass, put a heavy emphasis on the difference between himself and Jay Fiedler and he did it for all of Fin land to see. If our QB could do that we wouldn't have anything to argue about. Plays like that are what this offense is in dire need of and until we are able to do so, this offense (Turner's offense) will continue to sputter and come up short against better teams.

That one pass was more than just the play that cost us the game. That pass completely high-lighted our deficiency at the QB position. It also put to rest any further comparisons of Brady and JF. No, just because Tom Brady QB'd a SB team, DOES NOT MEAN JF EVER WILL. Why? Because 2 days ago, he showed that he was indeed a better QB, a QB with the ability our QB lacks and as a result leaves our offense handcuffed and forced to call the same plays over and over until it's obvious to the opponent what the next play will be.

Pound the line, swing pass, screen. Pound the line, swing pass, screen. Occasionally throw in a slant pattern but everything being short to intermediate, causing the opposition to stack the line and sit on all of the short routes.

That one pass..........

If we could do that, the above problems would quickly disappear and RW would be running wild. Best of all, we'd be un-defeated right now and a legitimate contender.

Because 2 days ago, he showed that he was indeed a better QB, a QB with the ability our QB lacks and as a result leaves our offense handcuffed and forced to call the same plays over and over until it's obvious to the opponent what the next play will be.
You've got to be joking. He engineered one drive for a touchdown, just as Fiedler did and that makes him a better quarterback? He hit a receiver on blown coverage and that also makes him a better quarterback. What if, just if, we actually happen to start giving Fiedler time to throw the ball?

Why because for him to throw a good pass it takes 4 seconds. Offensive lines never should have to wait that long.

Good QBs throw in the 2 second range on average.

You've got to be joking. He engineered one drive for a touchdown, just as Fiedler did and that makes him a better quarterback? He hit a receiver on blown coverage and that also makes him a better quarterback. What if, just if, we actually happen to start giving Fiedler time to throw the ball?

Joking? It's no joke nor is it a secret any longer. Any drive JF has EVER engineered in no way resembled what Brady did. Fact is JF could have 2 minutes back there and still never get that ball downfield in an accurate manner like Brady did. JF makes that throw and it gets picked way too often for the coaches to have enough faith to even try.

I'm sorry but some of you amaze me with your un-willingness to accept the fact JF is hurting this team. I can't imagine what it will take for you to get the picture. Maybe two or three more seasons of wasting a good team with a mediocre QB will do the trick.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr

Joking? It's no joke nor is it a secret any longer. Any drive JF has EVER engineered in no way resembled what Brady did. Fact is JF could have 2 minutes back there and still never get that ball downfield in an accurate manner like Brady did. JF makes that throw and it gets picked way too often for the coaches to have enough faith to even try.

I'm sorry but some of you amaze me with your un-willingness to accept the fact JF is hurting this team. I can't imagine what it will take for you to get the picture. Maybe two or three more seasons of wasting a good team with a mediocre QB will do the trick.

When did John Clayton make that remark about Feidler Sr?

Perfect summary of the situation..... Another "basher" has come out of the closet!

Got that off of the ESPN site a few days prior to our last game I believe.

If you were speaking of me as "a new basher coming out" you're waaay off. I've been a basher since the first pre-season game I saw JF in. It was obvious then that the guy just didn't have much talent. Talent and tools can't be coached nor upgraded with practice. Ya have it or ya don't.

The managerial QB experiment has failed and it's time for DW to abandon it. IMO DW will soon sacrifice JF if for no other reason but to save his own hide.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Got that off of the ESPN site a few days prior to our last game I believe.

If you were speaking of me as "a new basher coming out" you're waaay off. I've been a basher since the first pre-season game I saw JF in. It was obvious then that the guy just didn't have much talent. Talent and tools can't be coached nor upgraded with practice. Ya have it or ya don't.

The managerial QB experiment has failed and it's time for DW to abandon it. IMO DW will soon sacrifice JF if for no other reason but to save his own hide.

No Sr., wasn't referring to you.... just making a joke that John Clayton can join the distinguished list of us that have been branded with the "Fiedler basher" tag. You know that anyone who questions whether Jay's abilities are possibly one of our offenses main problems aren't offering objective opinions, they are just "hating" :lol:

Guess John Clayton..... for some strange reason, decided he wanted to bash Fiedler when he got up the other morning.....

Or maybe he actually has a point.......... Naw, he's a hater!

Originally posted by Miamian
i remember a monday night game at the meadow lands, jay did throw a bomb, and put it on target. ok, that was just once, but you don't throw it one day and forget the next. somebody is holding the reins!;)

Back
Top Bottom