your QB is as.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your QB is as....

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Got that off of the ESPN site a few days prior to our last game I believe.

If you were speaking of me as "a new basher coming out" you're waaay off. I've been a basher since the first pre-season game I saw JF in. It was obvious then that the guy just didn't have much talent. Talent and tools can't be coached nor upgraded with practice. Ya have it or ya don't.

The managerial QB experiment has failed and it's time for DW to abandon it. IMO DW will soon sacrifice JF if for no other reason but to save his own hide.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Miamian
Excuse me. Maybe you all were watching a different game. If you were watching the same one that I did, you would have noticed a few things. First, Jay had to throw under duress, Brady did not have a single pass rusher in his face; second, Fiedler had to throw on the run and didn't have time to plant, set and throw. Brady had ample opportunity to do just that. Third, Fiedler had to throw across his body, Brady did not. Maybe, just maybe if so many people would not decide before the play happens that everything must be Jay's fault and give in to their self-fulfilling prophecies they may just notice that there are a lot of factors that go into a football game.

Brady was never under duress? Funny...I seem to recall him being in the grasp of a lineman and on his way down to the ground when he completed a clutch 3rd down pass for a first down.

What about the other games when Fiedler has had time, firmly planted, set up, and still overthrew or underthrew a wide open receiver? What's the excuse for that?

Originally posted by dolfan06
i remember a monday night game at the meadow lands, jay did throw a bomb, and put it on target. ok, that was just once, but you don't throw it one day and forget the next. somebody is holding the reins!;)

What does that have to do with anything.

In baseball, hitters with a .200 batting average get a hit 2 out of every 10 times.

Can they hit? yes.
Are they capable of making a big hit? Yes

Can they hit with enough consistency to be a good player? No!

It's all about being a CONSISTENT threat. That's why the reins are being held in. If Norv wasn't afraid of his incosistency and had confidence that Jay could pull of big plays it's pretty much a no brainer that he'd make the call. Just the way I see it.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

What does that have to do with anything.

In baseball, hitters with a .200 batting average get a hit 2 out of every 10 times.

Can they hit? yes.
Are they capable of making a big hit? Yes

Can they hit with enough consistency to be a good player? No!

It's all about being a CONSISTENT threat. That's why the reins are being held in. If Norv wasn't afraid of his incosistency and had confidence that Jay could pull of big plays it's pretty much a no brainer that he'd make the call. Just the way I see it.
but we're not playing baseball here. you don't have 8 or 9 guys in your face when you hit a ball!:tongue:

Two things. First:

Originally posted by Pagan

Brady was never under duress? Funny...I seem to recall him being in the grasp of a lineman and on his way down to the ground when he completed a clutch 3rd down pass for a first down.

What about the other games when Fiedler has had time, firmly planted, set up, and still overthrew or underthrew a wide open receiver? What's the excuse for that?

Pagan, Miamian was referring to Fiedler's last throw vs. Brady's last throw .... not the entire game. The comparison was originally made by JS Jr, who claimed those two plays showed "the difference" between the two quarterbacks ... even though the plays were radically different.

Second: JS Jr, couldn't help but notice your new signature. I find it interesting that both sets of stats easily eclipse Donovan McNabb's current stats, but I have a feeling you'd be willing to discard THOSE stats if the Dolphins had a chance to grab McNabb.

I miss the "Hey Jetssucker" thread.

I thought there was real potential there:)

Originally posted by zachseau13
I miss the "Hey Jetssucker" thread.

I thought there was real potential there:)
well forces bigger than i thought it better to remove it, thanks for saying jetsucker though!;)

Funny thing is every says one Brady can't connect on the deep either but having time to throw the ball helps alot instead of being rush to throwing the ball.

Originally posted by minus
Funny thing is every says one Brady can't connect on the deep either but having time to throw the ball helps alot instead of being rush to throwing the ball.
everybody expects the defense to give up the big play every now and then, my concern is the OLine. is jay that bad or is he just being harrassed!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom