• He'll be a bust. Don't draft him

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

DolfanTom

Dolphin Apologist - I'm really sorry!!
Reaction score
After what seems like millions of posts and threads on Brady Quinn, I think its safe to say that our collective opinions on him are more than split. I'm curious, though, about the specifics in these opinions:

1-Do you feel Quinn is the savior and we must get him at all costs?

2-Do you like Quinn, and would like us to draft him, but only if he falls to #9?

3-Do you think Quinn has "bust" written all over him and you want no part of him for our team

4-Something else altogether

I'm thinking the majority of opinion lies w/ either #1 or #2, but let's find out for sure. Where do you stand on Brady Quinn?

For the record, I'm in the #1 category!

I suppose I sit somewhere in between one and two. Watching him the last couple of years, he seemed like a pretty special player. I was really hoping to see him come out last year, because I knew that would be the season we finally addressed the qb situation. We then signed Daunte, and Quinn didn't come out anyway. I would love to see him fall to us, but I don't think he will. I wouldn't mind moving up a few to get him, but too big of a move may cost us way too much. We've lost too many draft picks these last few years as it is. So I'm on the fence on how much to spend, but I know that I'd love to see him in aqua and orange.

I voted option b - because all costs may very well prove to be too high a price to pay. I can see some behind the scenes work going on to get him, but all costs is too all or nothing for my tastes.

I voted option b - because all costs may very well prove to be too high a price to pay. I can see some behind the scenes work going on to get him, but all costs is too all or nothing for my tastes.
I'm limited in my "all costs" but I would have no problem w/ us moving up to get him.

Outside of our #9 pick, which would be a given, if the team we're trading w/ wants next year's #1, a #2 this year and maybe even a player on our team, that's too much.

But I'd go as high as our #1 and #2 this year (maybe w/ some mid-round considerations in the '08 draft). But more than that even makes me nervous. But then again, if Randy and Cam feel he is the guy, is there really too high of a price?

I suppose I sit somewhere in between one and two. Watching him the last couple of years, he seemed like a pretty special player. I was really hoping to see him come out last year, because I knew that would be the season we finally addressed the qb situation. We then signed Daunte, and Quinn didn't come out anyway. I would love to see him fall to us, but I don't think he will. I wouldn't mind moving up a few to get him, but too big of a move may cost us way too much. We've lost too many draft picks these last few years as it is. So I'm on the fence on how much to spend, but I know that I'd love to see him in aqua and orange.
Ditto!!!

I'm not all about giving up extra picks but I'd be more than happy to take him at 9.

After what seems like millions of posts and threads on Brady Quinn, I think its safe to say that our collective opinions on him are more than split. I'm curious, though, about the specifics in these opinions:

1-Do you feel Quinn is the savior and we must get him at all costs?

2-Do you like Quinn, and would like us to draft him, but only if he falls to #9?

3-Do you think Quinn has "bust" written all over him and you want no part of him for our team

4-Something else altogether

I'm thinking the majority of opinion lies w/ either #1 or #2, but let's find out for sure. Where do you stand on Brady Quinn?

For the record, I'm in the #1 category!

He'd be the one to get if he falls to #9. Otherwise, I go for Levi Brown unless Thomas miraculously falls to us! :D But if Quinn falls to us, geed, but i wouldn't trade up to get him tho.

He'd be the one to get if he falls to #9. Otherwise, I go for Levi Brown unless Thomas miraculously falls to us! :D But if Quinn falls to us, geed, but i wouldn't trade up to get him tho.
Looks like this is the way the poll is going too.

I was under the impression - perhaps wrongly - that there were lots of people here that didn't want him at all.

Somwhere between #1 and #2, but closer to #1. I really think we need this guy...think about it, at least every year we would be able to say (hopefully) that we have OUR QB, and we can build whatever we want around him. Instead of saying, well we have only a system guy, or we have a deep throwing guy, or whatever.

So many of our problems would be addressed if we had a stable situation at QB for the future.

Quinn is nice, but only at 9. I just feel that with the lack of picks in recent years, Miami absolutely has to build through the draft. Miami has not had great FA signings the past few years, and anyone considering Adalius Thomas will pay out the wazoo, which puts would put a team like Miami in a bind. Look for him to go west. But trading up for Quinn is just not a good idea, IMO, because of the picks Miami has given up in the past. If he's there, by all means, grab him.

Quinn is nice, but only at 9. I just feel that with the lack of picks in recent years, Miami absolutely has to build through the draft. Miami has not had great FA signings the past few years, and anyone considering Adalius Thomas will pay out the wazoo, which puts would put a team like Miami in a bind. Look for him to go west. But trading up for Quinn is just not a good idea, IMO, because of the picks Miami has given up in the past. If he's there, by all means, grab him.

Normally I would without question agree with you 100%...however, when it comes to QB, and it comes to a premium QB, I feel that is the one area where it is not only OK to trade up, but almost a necessity to do so.

I feel very strongly that the one position that separates 90% of the teams in the NFL is the QB position...Dont get me wrong, I am totally aware and believe in the concept of the team philosophy, but this is the one position that is vital that we get a true difference maker. This position has been our downfall year in and out. Just my opinion.:D

Back
Top Bottom