Your % that we draft Tannenhill at #8 ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your % that we draft Tannenhill at #8 ?

Whether I want Tannehill or not isn't the question. My reasoning for the percentage was within the text that followed.

And don't be that guy. You know the guy who had someone disagree with him and now has to follow them and try to nit pick.

Where did you disagree with me I never mentioned 15 INT was a lot all I said the Ryan and Tannehill comparison was ridiculous

90%. Why else would we feign interest in others, why would come out to strongly deny that the owner wants Tannehill?

AHH, see that is what I was thinking also. See it doesn't make sense any other way. Think about it, Ross already knows who the fins are planning on taking, so if they WEREN'T planning on taking Tannehill, he would just keep quiet and let those idiots at ESPN keep chattering about how he was going to pull the strings and make Tannehill the pick. Then afterwards he would say, see your morons know NOTHING. But NO, he gets offended and has to point out that he has nothing to do with the pick. The one thing he DOESN'T want is for them to draft Tannehill at #8 and Tannehill turns out to be a bust, with people thinking HE was the one who pulled the trigger. He would NEVER be able to hire another GM worth a crap.

Not saying it is 100% that this proves we are taking Tannehill, but I can't see him rushing in to call ESPN and tell them he had nothing to do with who they picked if they had no plans on drafting Tannehill. False information is what you want, so why would you take the time to set them straight?? Doesn't add up. I also bet he made this call before discussing it with everyone. Just an opinion.

before Ross made the call to ESPN I would have said 10% that we draft Tannehill at 8. Now I say 70% maybe even 80%.

75%. Not thrilled by it either unless we trade down to 12-14 and pick up another 2nd rounder.

5% I don't think Ireland would pick him that high, I hope he will pick his highest rated de/olb and double down on the position later also

40% he has talent but do not think he is worth being the #8 darft pick hope to see them trade down get extra draft pcik

i've never wavered...not gonna start now...75% at #8...the other 25% we take him somewhere else

I was at about 15 percent chance that we would take him basically if we traded back and he was still available but after watching a vidio of him now I will say 40%. Its all based on what Sherman beilieves IMO he just lost his last job with the kid at QB so he certainly will not endorse him if he thinks he will loose another one. If Tannehill was all world we probably not have Sherman. Really it does not make sense logically that a fired college coach is going to be our offensive coodinator especially if his QB in college is a top 10 NFL QB. Two things are obvious here either Sherman is not very good or Tannehill is not that great of QB. Hopefully I am wrong on both counts as we already have Sherman on board and we are in a position to draft Tannhill. Interesting

According to Parcells’ board Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a late first-round grade. He’s the third best quarterback in the draft, behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.
Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler is the fourth best quarterback on his board, and Parcells has a late second-round grade on him. Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins also has a late second-round grade.
Parcells has Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden with a mid-third round grade, and he’s the final quarterback on the Draft Confidential board.
From the receiver standpoint, I found it VERY interesting that

I was at about 15 percent chance that we would take him basically if we traded back and he was still available but after watching a vidio of him now I will say 40%. Its all based on what Sherman beilieves IMO he just lost his last job with the kid at QB so he certainly will not endorse him if he thinks he will loose another one. If Tannehill was all world we probably not have Sherman. Really it does not make sense logically that a fired college coach is going to be our offensive coodinator especially if his QB in college is a top 10 NFL QB. Two things are obvious here either Sherman is not very good or Tannehill is not that great of QB. Hopefully I am wrong on both counts as we already have Sherman on board and we are in a position to draft Tannhill. Interesting

According to Parcells’ board Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a late first-round grade. He’s the third best quarterback in the draft, behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.
Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler is the fourth best quarterback on his board, and Parcells has a late second-round grade on him. Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins also has a late second-round grade.
Parcells has Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden with a mid-third round grade, and he’s the final quarterback on the Draft Confidential board.

I just saw the draft special too although polian looks at it as a big gamble and he doesn't see any resamblance to a a pro nfl QB and Tannehill does contradict Parcells Draft QB Requirements. Osweiler is interesting didn't we meet with him once?

I really hope miami doesn't take tannehill at #8. It just worries me when a qb for most of the year is or has been seen as an early 2nd round talent has been jumped up to be picked in the top 10 not because he is a that caliber of qb, but because of necessity. A lot of times you see qbs stock jump up like that, those are ones you usually see that become busts. Even the first pick ones, some became no.1 picks because of being un such a weak qb draft class. He's getting so much attention because of his athleticism and strong arm, but so many quarterbacks have been busts, when looking at just those aspects. There's so much more to it, and his accuracy or what I've seen inconsistent accuracy and him being a project worries me and accuracy is such an important thing for a franchise qb. I mean that was one of chad henne's issues, we don't need another qb with henne like accuracy do we?.

It seems like I would try trading down and if they can't then pick bpa and then early second round maybe get brock or weeden. So atleast so much stock isnt tied up to them, but they could develop and possibly be somethuing while possibly drafting a top qb next season if miami sucks. If miami gets tannehill they are forging getting a better prospect next season, while holding all there cards on a project, which you don't usually get qb projects as high as the top 10, but miami might because of necessity. I hope they don't though as for the reasons stated.

Yep, this is what I saw too and I also felt after reading about him that miami should not and I do not take him at no.8 and trade down or pick best player available there instead and get a qb early 2nd round instead in that case

Back
Top Bottom