Your % that we draft Tannenhill at #8 ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your % that we draft Tannenhill at #8 ?

I'd say it is 75% that we take him.

100% if he is there, he might not be there. They don't want to trade up for him probably & they don't want to admit they wanted him if he gets picked before we draft.

SSDD, every coaching staff and GM is the same. They all want to pretend that they got exactly what they wanted afterwards.

90%. He has to much potential for a team as desperately in need of a future QB as the Dolphins are, for the pick to be anyone but Tannehill.

I'll go 50% that rounds 2-4 are a DE and 2 WRs.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jatyhr

I would have pegged it at 60% before all the leaks about Tannehill falling or us not taking him. Now I'd put it at more like 80%. It's still way out of character for Jeff Ireland, but after a while it's hard not to give in to the signs.

Unlike MadDog88, I think the immediate emphasis after that will be on offensive linemen. People look at Joe Philbin and see the former coordinator of a high flying offense. I look at Joe Philbin and see a former offensive line coach who knows we can't pass protect. I'm honestly still baffled why they didn't find a way to make room for Eric Winston. He's an elite ZBS RT in a league with few of those.

I'd personally rather they take a shot on greatness with Bruce Irvin, but I think it'll be a tackle. A DE (or some kind of pass rusher) and WR in round three sound right, though I would honestly not be surprised if they didn't take a WR until the later rounds, preferring another OL.

To me its 50%, and I really can't tell if the FO wants Tannehill or not but I suppose its just part of the whole smoke and mirrors thing

After listening to Lombardi, Casserly and Sundquist on NFLN tonight, I'm convinced Tannehill WON'T be the pick at #8. I'm going to predict Ireland will select Fletcher Cox. after hearing their reasoning to not take Tannehill; I think the smoke screen all along has been Tannehill to hide their affection for Cox's athleticism and versatility. Just my opinion, but I'm more convinced now, than I was earlier in the week; couple that with the release of Merling leaving room for another D-lineman to be selected early!!!

13% - Dan Marino makes the calls here

I like your Mock......We may just draft one of the top tier pass rushers as the first pick......if Tannehill slides by Seattle and KC, then there is a strong possibility we trade back into the 1st Rd to get him.

50% because Ireland is drafting and probably has 3 year starter on his value chart which means Cousins for him. Cousins may be gone by time we pick in the second round.

According to Parcells’ board Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a late first-round grade. He’s the third best quarterback in the draft, behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.
Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler is the fourth best quarterback on his board, and Parcells has a late second-round grade on him. Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins also has a late second-round grade.
Parcells has Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden with a mid-third round grade, and he’s the final quarterback on the Draft Confidential board.

Parcells' board... LOL. What is THAT worth?

It seems like I would try trading down and if they can't then pick bpa and then early second round maybe get brock or weeden. So atleast so much stock isnt tied up to them, but they could develop and possibly be somethuing while possibly drafting a top qb next season if miami sucks. If miami gets tannehill they are forging getting a better prospect next season, while holding all there cards on a project, which you don't usually get qb projects as high as the top 10, but miami might because of necessity. I hope they don't though as for the reasons stated.

So flawed.

1. Tannehill has an ASTRONOMICALLY higher chance of being a star than osweiler according to the whole football world. The numbers are so much against this that it boggles the mind. osweiler has 3-Year Career Backup and/or Camp Arm written all over him. weeden has Chris Weinke written all over him.

2. We DO NOT FORGO drafting a QB in '13 if we get Tannehill. NOT AT ALL. Quote me the law that says we can't do it again if we HAVE to.

Back
Top Bottom