Your the GM...who do you choose??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the GM...who do you choose???

Would u rather draft Laron Landry or sign Ken Hamlin to play FS??

• Laron Landry

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Ken Hamlin

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
lets say we keep the #9 pick...would u rather draft Laron Landry at #9...or would u rather sign Ken Hamlin in free agency and use the #9 pick elsewhere.

Me....its tough...but i think i prefer Landry.

Hamlins not a great coverage guy. I've actually heard from some seahawks fans that he plays exactly like Bell does. He can deliver some good hits and play well in the box, but he gives up a ton of deep passes.

Where as Landry is being considered the 'sure-thing' in this draft. Had a great 4-year career at LSU, was awesome at the combine, and seperated himself from the rest of the pack at not only safety, but every other secondary player altogether.

I definitely do NOT want to draft another safety in round 1! That would be two years in a row. No way do I want to use our #1 pick, #9 overall, on a DB! They are not worth it, imo, unless they are a Deion Sanders type player.

We already have a #1 pick on a DB and a safety - Jason Allen. I think it would be a waste to do that two years in a row. And, I'm not sure we should sign Hamlin, either. You might have given a third option.

I'd rather use this pick on offense - where we have significant weaknesses. I wouldn't mind Quinn (QB), Ginn (WR), or possibly trading down a bit (and then drafting either of those players) and/or going with an O-lineman.

Also, while I would prefer to draft an offensive player, I could stomach a defensive player if he were a stud D-Lineman.

In my view, while a team has to build at every position, the foundation of a good football team starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. Weakness here (as we've seen on offense the last few years) can seriously damage a team.

Neither

I'll take Reggie Nelson please.

I'm wary of drafting another safety in the 1st round again. We have more dire needs and there are better players available compared to Landry. Our secondary's weakness is CB not S.

I honestly belive that Landry is the real thing. I've also remember reading that Capers wanted to move Allen to CB which would mean we could use a guy like Landry.

Some people think we really have to focus Offense and I can see why but many teams have won championships with Great Defenses and mediocre at best offense. Its rarely the other way around.

Of those two options, I'd sign Hamlin. Jason Allen should be our starter at FS as far as we know right now though, and I don't think Hamlin is a SS.

I honestly belive that Landry is the real thing. I've also remember reading that Capers wanted to move Allen to CB which would mean we could use a guy like Landry.

Some people think we really have to focus Offense and I can see why but many teams have won championships with Great Defenses and mediocre at best offense. Its rarely the other way around.

Save for the Ravens and Bucs, teams like the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers each fielded a top QB, good OL, and a decent RB/WR. Heck, even the Ravens and Bucs had good OL. We have none of the above save for RB. And these days, you have to be well balanced. Just look at our recent history. We had a top flite defense that just carried us and didn't go anywhere. You can't be one dimensional in this league.

Save for the Ravens and Bucs, teams like the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers each fielded a top QB, good OL, and a decent RB/WR. Heck, even the Ravens and Bucs had good OL. We have none of the above save for RB. And these days, you have to be well balanced. Just look at our recent history. We had a top flite defense that just carried us and didn't go anywhere. You can't be one dimensional in this league.

I don't disagree with the fact we need a balanced team, however I am still not against improving our D in the 1st and focusing Oline in the 2nd, 3rd rounds. Ideally I want Miami to Get Quinn, I would be more then happy with Levi Brown but I do think that Landry will be someone special in this league he has something very few players have in my own opinion. I certainly would take him if the previous 2 were off the boards

I don't disagree with the fact we need a balanced team, however I am still not against improving our D in the 1st and focusing Oline in the 2nd, 3rd rounds. Ideally I want Miami to Get Quinn, I would be more then happy with Levi Brown but I do think that Landry will be someone special in this league he has something very few players have in my own opinion. I certainly would take him if the previous 2 were off the boards

Ideally Quinn is best guy for the team, maybe for Brown. Landry looks good but unless Quinn and Brown are gone, probably not what I'd expect out of a high #9 pick.

I definitely do NOT want to draft another safety in round 1! That would be two years in a row. No way do I want to use our #1 pick, #9 overall, on a DB! They are not worth it, imo, unless they are a Deion Sanders type player.

We already have a #1 pick on a DB and a safety - Jason Allen. I think it would be a waste to do that two years in a row. And, I'm not sure we should sign Hamlin, either. You might have given a third option.

I'd rather use this pick on offense - where we have significant weaknesses. I wouldn't mind Quinn (QB), Ginn (WR), or possibly trading down a bit (and then drafting either of those players) and/or going with an O-lineman.

Also, while I would prefer to draft an offensive player, I could stomach a defensive player if he were a stud D-Lineman.

In my view, while a team has to build at every position, the foundation of a good football team starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. Weakness here (as we've seen on offense the last few years) can seriously damage a team.

I 100% agree.

I see no problem with drafting a Cb at 9, should they be rated highly on our board.

Laron Landry is a game breaker. There is no weakness in his game and has received big time props from the Baltimore scouting department, they absolutely love the guy. Laron LAndry is the type of football player every franchise would want. He's very bright, has elite physical tools and has the attitude towards the game to fit right in with Zach, Taylor, Channing, and Joey Porter.

In my opinion, Landry would be the best pick available at #9, if Brady Quinn or Alan Branch is not available, which would be a difficult decision if they were.

Back
Top Bottom