Your the GM...who do you choose??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the GM...who do you choose???

Would u rather draft Laron Landry or sign Ken Hamlin to play FS??

• Laron Landry

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Ken Hamlin

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
Sign Ken Hamlin, trade down get picks, then draft the Top Center and top WR, then OL ...

Landry makes our defense the best in the league IMO. If not the best, the most feared. I dont care if we drafted a Safety last year because Landry is a PBer. Then our defense is loaded and then we can focus on offense again next year! QB's here we come!

Laron Landry is a game breaker. There is no weakness in his game and has received big time props from the Baltimore scouting department, they absolutely love the guy. Laron LAndry is the type of football player every franchise would want. He's very bright, has elite physical tools and has the attitude towards the game to fit right in with Zach, Taylor, Channing, and Joey Porter.

In my opinion, Landry would be the best pick available at #9, if Brady Quinn or Alan Branch is not available, which would be a difficult decision if they were.

Yeah. To me, Landry and Okoye are the 2 guys that could very well be there at 9 that have the best chance at becoming stars in this league. I'd add either one and concentrate on the O-line and/or receiver with the next few picks. As was posted earlier, the coaching staff seems to think Allen would have little trouble moving to CB.

Levi Brown, then Zack Miller, then Jason Hill, then Lorenzo Booker, then Sabby Piscatelli, then Chris Leak, then Kenny Scott, then Leron McClain, then Dwight Stephenson, I just love that name, don't you? Hint Hint Hall of Famer much!:dolphins:

Levi Brown, then Zack Miller, then Jason Hill, then Lorenzo Booker, then Sabby Piscatelli, then Chris Leak, then Kenny Scott, then Leron McClain, then Dwight Stephenson, I just love that name, don't you? Hint Hint Hall of Famer much!:dolphins:

Too early for Booker IMO, but other than that I woul dbe content with that draft. I'd pass on Booker in the 3rd for a chance at Alleman or Bazuin, maybe John beck. Then instead of Leak, I'd take some other running back, maybe Garrett Wolfe. And Sabby should certainly be a late 2nd rounder after the combine he turned in.

I would take Landry because of how good he really is. It would be more accepted if we didn't take Jason Allen last year(who i still think we reached big time for). If your picking BPA it would probably be Landry but that won't happen because we took Allen last year.

lets say we keep the #9 pick...would u rather draft Laron Landry at #9...or would u rather sign Ken Hamlin in free agency and use the #9 pick elsewhere.

Me....its tough...but i think i prefer Landry.

tough?

Hamlin/Brown > Landry
Hamlin/Adams > Landry
Hamlin/Quinn > Landry
Hamlin/Branch > Landry
Hamlin/Okoye > Landry

How about,
Levi Brown, then Zack Miller, then Jason Hill, then Josh Beekman, then Tarell Brown, then Kolby Smith, then Kenny Scott, then Leron McClain, then Dwight Stephenson, I just love that name, don't you? Hint Hint Hall of Famer much!:dolphins:

tough?

Hamlin/Brown > Landry
Hamlin/Adams > Landry
Hamlin/Quinn > Landry
Hamlin/Branch > Landry
Hamlin/Okoye > Landry

well if u put it that way...sure.

i dont know much about Hamlin...is he a hard-hitter, ball hawk, in ur face, speedy kind of Safety that Landry is???

I definitely do NOT want to draft another safety in round 1! That would be two years in a row. No way do I want to use our #1 pick, #9 overall, on a DB! They are not worth it, imo, unless they are a Deion Sanders type player.

We already have a #1 pick on a DB and a safety - Jason Allen. I think it would be a waste to do that two years in a row. And, I'm not sure we should sign Hamlin, either. You might have given a third option.

I'd rather use this pick on offense - where we have significant weaknesses. I wouldn't mind Quinn (QB), Ginn (WR), or possibly trading down a bit (and then drafting either of those players) and/or going with an O-lineman.

Also, while I would prefer to draft an offensive player, I could stomach a defensive player if he were a stud D-Lineman.

In my view, while a team has to build at every position, the foundation of a good football team starts with the Offensive and Defensive lines. Weakness here (as we've seen on offense the last few years) can seriously damage a team.

This kid is too good to pass up ...do your research...We can get Staley LT in the 2nd round...

How about,
Levi Brown, then Zack Miller, then Jason Hill, then Josh Beekman, then Tarell Brown, then Kolby Smith, then Kenny Scott, then Leron McClain, then Dwight Stephenson, I just love that name, don't you? Hint Hint Hall of Famer much!:dolphins:

If the draft went this way I would absolutely go crazy, because I would love it so much. Maybe Alleman instead of Beekman, and maybe Dan Bazuin instead of Tarell Brown, but still I'd love ti as is.

I guess landry will be the BPA at Nr. 9 because Quinn, Russell, Thomas, Johnson and Branch will be gone. Landry would be a nice pick and could start with Bell, Allen could be moved to CB! But maybe it would be better to trde down a few spots and get a additional pick. We could get the 2 first round picks of NE oder the first and second round picks of jacksonville or Cincy or even the first and third round picks of the rams or the panthers!

anyway, i got a feeling, that cam and randy will put the fins into a position (through free agency) that will allow them to draft the BPAs, which will be a huge upgrade over the last few years, when they drafted positions of need! I am definitely looking forward to the draft and the next season!

Back
Top Bottom