your thoughts on p.willis @ #9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your thoughts on p.willis @ #9

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
If we dont trade up to get quinn how would you feel about willis @ 9? who else would we take? landry will probably be gone and i dont think ginn or brown are worth the #9 pick i am really starting to think the fins will try to trade up to get quinn and if that dont work they will try to trade down and if they cant, willis might have the best value at #9, heck the guy runs a freaking 4.3!!! i would be happy if we got him, zach is getting old and we could run more 3-4 with willis! i think he will be a pro bowl LB he is a beast!

Not that I don't like Willis, but we have one of the best linebacker corps in the NFL, and we have more pressing needs.

While I like him as well and think he'll be a pretty good LB in the next few years, I really don't see us staying in the #9 spot and drafting him. If he's there and the best prospect we're looking at, I guarantee will be fielding a few calls from other teams interested in him. While I understand the issue of having a really good LB prospect for the future, it just doesn't help the overall team if our Off still stinks or we don't have the DB's to stop the pass. Getting Porter pretty much eliminated the possibility of Willis for us (unless no other options are there, which is unlikely).

I be thrilled, absolutely. But I think that would probably mean that this year would be Zach's last in a Dolphins uniform, since we would probably trade him away for whatever we could get, probably a late third from a contender.

Not that I don't like Willis, but we have one of the best linebacker corps in the NFL, and we have more pressing needs.

I'm all for getting Willis if that what it boils down to. Right now we do have an awesome LB corp, but Zach is not the youngest guy around, Porter is 30, JT, LB/DE, is gettting up there so basically we have Crowder as the only young player and our depth isn't the greatest. If Willis is the best value at 9, I say take him.

If we dont trade up to get quinn how would you feel about willis @ 9? who else would we take? landry will probably be gone and i dont think ginn or brown are worth the #9 pick i am really starting to think the fins will try to trade up to get quinn and if that dont work they will try to trade down and if they cant, willis might have the best value at #9, heck the guy runs a freaking 4.3!!! i would be happy if we got him, zach is getting old and we could run more 3-4 with willis! i think he will be a pro bowl LB he is a beast!

Agreed.

True but i think our front seven is set we should think about Secondary in the draft Landry or leon hall would make our D complete that would be a masive upgrade over Bell or travis but if we cant maybe we should trade down and get reggie nelson or DARRELLE REVIS our offence needs some help like Greg olsen wiould be owsome

Pocoloco I love your first three picks man. Hell yah! But Houston just doesn't seem possible, instead take Zach Miller ASU Tightend, now that's what I'm talkin about. I can't figure out why Doug Free from Northern Ill. isn't more highly rated. To me all he needs to do is bulk up and get stronger and he will be a bonified left tackle in the NFL. Thoughts anyone?

I be thrilled, absolutely. But I think that would probably mean that this year would be Zach's last in a Dolphins uniform, since we would probably trade him away for whatever we could get, probably a late third from a contender.

so does he end up palyign WOLB or MLB cuz of CC? thats the thing im pondering. I think MLB is great for him but CC i think would be better at MLB as oppose to being a WOLB.

It's a tough call but i cannot remember any middle linebacker candidate running sub 4.4's ... that's simply unheard of! And to top it off, he's a great football player with great character not just a workout warrior.

LB is the last position I would ever think of us going at number 9, but I have to admit Patrick Willis is a freak and he may very well be the BPA and that's what you have to draft imo..so I wouldn't mind taking him. Although, this would push JT back to DE permanently, our LB will be SET. Crowder/Porter on the edges with Willis/Thomas inside.

Back
Top Bottom