Your top 5 favorite Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your top 5 favorite Dolphins?

There's no way I could come up with a top 5. Not sure I could even do a top 10. Been a Phins fan since the SB championship years. I've had a lot of favorites!

Sometimes a single play or a single game performance can etch a players name into your favorites list. I am like everyone else with the greats however these guys did something special:

1. Duriel Harris
The Hook and Lateral, amazing play in an amazing game. Duriel was the man in the middle on this exchange

2. Manny Fernandez
Super Bowl 7 Defensive Tackle 17 tackles. One of the greatest performances by a lineman ever.

3. Larry Seiple
Fake Punt against Steelers AFC Championship game. Changed the game.

4. Lamar Smith
Wild Card Game, 40 Carries 209 yards, game winning run in OT, our last playoff win.

5. Greg Camarillo
One Catch One Win

I've purchased 2 jerseys in my life. Marino, and Pat Surtain. So they're at the top.

1. Surtain
2. Marino
3. OJ McDuffie
4. Cam Wake
5. Zach Thomas

1. Zach Thomas
2. Dan Marino
3. Pat Surtain
4. Ricky Williams
5. Jason Taylor

Current
1. R. Jones
2. J. Landry
3. C. Wake
4. N. Suh
5. R. Tannehill

Tough to cut it to five. It's only players, right? Joe Robbie and Don Shula are excluded? Hm.

1. Dan Marino
2. Cameron Wake
3. Nat Moore
4. Larry Csonka
5. Zach Thomas and Tim Bowens

So yeah, that's a copout. But every time ZT was interviewed, he would always insist on crediting Timbo. So yeah, they're going on this list together. :lol:

As for the current Dolphin who is on that list, well, all I can say is that I think Cam Wake continues to be one of the best stories in football and he is a pretty incredible guy. If there's anybody on that team I want to see win a championship, it's #91 and it ain't even close.

So whats your point?...I said his choices show he was too young to know the greatest Dolphin teams...that his choices reflected an 80's till now fan.

As do yours....frankly!

You knocked it like his choices weren't that good. It's not his fault when he was born. Being a fan of the Dolphins since the 80s is still a pretty damn loyal fandom!!

Yeah, the question is not "Who are the best Dolphins of all time?"

The question is "Who are your favorite Dolphins?"

And let's be absolutely real here, you shouldn't be dunking on young fans. You should be scratching your head in bemusement at the fact that we actually HAVE young fans. You should be thanking these young fans for actually being a fan of this team.

Because this team has been ****ing garbage for 15 years.

1. The "Zach Attack"
2. Dan "The Man"
3. JT
4. "Wake"zilla
5. Patrick "SIR"tain

Jarvis "The Juice" ... The "Jay Train" ... and the "SUHnami" are climbing up my list though.

Being much younger than most of you guys, my list is much more recent players- though I still admire the legends- Marino for one, so I'm not even going to list him (though he'd be top 5 prob)

1. Ricky Williams
2. Cam Wake
3. Reshad Jones
4. Jason Taylor
5. Patrick Surtain / Sam Madison (cheating to count as 1 lol)

Next up would be Zach and Marino. Tannehill, Landry, and Suh are moving up my list too. I've got a soft spot for Chris Chambers as well. Always liked Ronnie Brown too and felt bad for the guy.

Back
Top Bottom