Your Top 5 Most Hated Teams | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 5 Most Hated Teams

1. UNC (I went to NC State-hate the TarHeels)
2.FSU
3. Georgia (why do they even bother to come back to JAX every year.)
4. Tennesse
5. UNC (I really hate them)

Being a Ohio State fan, my picks are leaned towards the Big Ten.

Just Michigan and recently added USC!

notre dame (Isn't notre dame a french cathedral and then they call them selves the irish)
ucla
miami
florida
and now texas or just vince young

westcoastfinfan said:
notre dame (Isn't notre dame a french cathedral and then they call them selves the irish)
ucla
miami
florida
and now texas or just vince young

The school was founded by French priests, the name Fighting Irish came later though

Notre Dame athletic teams are known as the Fighting Irish. Exactly where and how Notre Dame's athletic nickname came to be never has been perfectly explained. One story suggests the moniker was born in 1899 with Notre Dame leading Northwestern 5-0 at halftime of a game in Evanston, Illinois. The Loras Football standout, Waldo, at tight end began to chant, "Kill the Fighting Irish, kill the Fighting Irish," as the second half opened. Another tale has the nickname originating at halftime of the Notre Dame-Michigan game in 1909. With his team trailing, one Notre Dame player yelled to his teammates - who had names like Dolan, Kelly, Glynn, Duffy and Ryan - "What's the matter with you guys? You're all Irish and you're not fighting worth a lick." Notre Dame came back to win the game and the press, after overhearing the remark, reported the game as a victory for the "Fighting Irish."
The most generally accepted explanation is that the press coined the nickname as a characterization of Notre Dame athletic teams, their never-say-die fighting spirit and the Irish qualities of grit, determination, and tenacity. The term likely began as an abusive expression tauntingly directed toward the athletes from the small, private, Catholic institution. Notre Dame alumnus Francis Wallace popularized it in his New York Daily News columns in the 1920s. Another such example is that of Father Corby and the Irish Brigade of the American Civil War, dubbed "The Fighting Irish."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Notre_Dame

no offense to you man, but I just cant stand the lovefest with Notre Dame, I mean if you guys lose 2-3 games, Brady Quinn wins Heisman hands down, Its been done before

1. Vols -
2. Seminoles -
3. Hurricanes
4. Trojans
5. Bulldogs

Others that just missed out

Michigan St - Mainly because they beat us in a Bowl game around the time we lost the National Championship in Basketball. I have a specail place of hate for Mateen Cleaves and Mo Peterson!

Notre Dame - This is a Love / Hate relationship cause I respect them yet Charlie weis is still a Patriot to me.

Duke - This is a Basketball pick!

AirFishOne said:
amazing!!! 102 replies and still not that much for OU :lol:

Well I am an Oklahoma Fan cause of Bob Stoops! You have to like that he was a coach for the Florida Gators!

Back
Top Bottom