You're Gase-save Your Job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You're Gase-save Your Job

Gase won’t give up play calling even if it costs him multiple jobs. It’s who he is, it’s what he does. He’s the boy genius, the QB whisperer, the master of offense.

Of course, I don’t know who’s buying into that after the Dolphins disaster, but he’s not going to change.

Basically, say "i cant control an entire team, ill step down as a coach to be the offensive coordinator."

Not really the premise of this thread, but in my mind he's just another OC that cant coach a team. Maybe he would be better with less responsibility.

Should he stay? Eh, no his offense is a train wreck. But thats the most compelling argument to me to save a job.

I think all he does for this team is try to be the OC, and clearly he's terrible at it. Full of excuses, no creativity yesterday after the first drive. I watched San Fran take on the best defense in the NFL yesterday (Chi) and almost win with a 3rd string QB, 3rd string WR's and a 4th string RB, as well as a banged up OL. Yes, MIA has lost a lot of players this year, but Gase's ability as an OC (which is what he is) to game plan, put players in a position to succeed, etc., is unparalleled in a bad way. All he cares about is getting 3+ yards on 1st down, then another 3-4 on 2nd down, then eeek out a first down. That's like his complete nirvana.

I think already has attempted it when he left RT in the game up in Minnesota. 9 10 sacks absolutely shell shocked Ryann and you could see it in his demeanor yesterday once things heated up RT was shell shocked. RT was in that same mode when Gase first showed up here and it took Gase a few games to get it turned around.

The penalties and jettizioning of veteran players after they get surley additudes is what is so disturbing about Gases tenure so far.

Gase won’t give up play calling even if it costs him multiple jobs. It’s who he is, it’s what he does. He’s the boy genius, the QB whisperer, the master of offense.

Of course, I don’t know who’s buying into that after the Dolphins disaster, but he’s not going to change.

gase would be lucky to get a job in college after this debacle but hes most likely headed to high school

Make the playoffs this year..... Oh wait.

Too little too late, good bye Gase.

Admit he was wrong about Tannehill.

He admitted about Tennehill last offseason when he searched for a QB in the draft, Just like Philbin did, after two years it was evident to him as well that he needed someone else.
But, it will cost him his job that they did not get a new QB, just like it cost Philbin, and it should.
They all failed for three years to get a QB.

I'd keep my job the same way I got my wife to marry me. I'd show my awesome balancing skills.

impressive.jpg

The argument Gase has to make is that the struggles offensively were due to injuries and due to Tannehill and Osweiler not executing. So he needs to basically make it clear that he attempted adjustments and the QB still failed.

Also has to get rid of Burke

Mr. Ross, you are an accomplished man. I admire your achievements in life and the successes you have had that brought you to your place in this world. You as much as anyone knows that your path wasn’t always a straight line, and that you have known failure. There aren’t many boat captains out there that have never hit a rock or been pushed around by a current or a wind. We all face adversity and its only time and experience that enables one to look back and see how those things make or break a man. I expect you to stick with the plan we have. We went through the interview together when I had zero experience and convinced you that I was the right choice to work for your organization. We both know there would be some rocks and currents along the way. I want to sail on and complete this journey that we started. I am everything you hoped for and still hope for. I see brighter days and smooth sailing in the days and years ahead. I can handle adversity. I will shake off this season of injuries and growing pains and deliver the goods, that I can still promise. I am not defeated and I am far from the end of my mission with you. This is year three. We have brought in a good group of guys who are going to be stars in this league. Any one can see the potential and imagine us at full throttle with the team we put together and guys we brought in, we had a really good chance to do some great things this year. That was year three. We hit the injury bug for sure. We were running with half the starters in street clothes. Tannehill was ready and looked pretty good until he started getting hammered. He’s a tough SOB. Give him that. He’s had so many surgeries and bruises it’s half a wonder he can even endorse his paychecks. I consider myself a bad ass and I can take the heat but holy hell I ain’t no Tanny. Hat’s off to that kid. I admire him. I still hope we can get the pieces in place and show the world what he is capable of. He’s smart. I’m not holding any of this on him. I tried to keep him up right best we could with the hand we were dealt this year. I need another off season, another draft, another reload and a few tweaks of my staff, a couple of coaching adjustments and we are going to knock off the Patriots and make a run for the title in year four. Now that’s a hell of an accomplishment, sir. We’ve done a pretty damn good job if you really look at everything with an eagle eye. Not many could have done any better. We are right there and right where we said we would be when I was hired. I never said we’d be winning a Super Bowl in year three. We talked, we knew it would take a few seasons to totally rework this team. Well here we are now. Look at our nucleus and see where we are headed. Our guys are going to get it together as a team and be as good as any team still playing in the post season this year. We were a few plays from being in every game this year in spite of the adversity. And there was more than the usual stuff. We were decimated. And we still kept fighting. We had some young guys get in there that shouldn’t have even been on the field this year. We are in a great position to build on that and become a dominate football team. I really hope you stick with the plan and let’s make this happen together. I’m a better coach. The team is better. We have another season of film. The guys have seen every opponent in our division. We are ready to challenge and whip the competition. Nothing less than the AFC east title next year, I guarantee it. If we don’t win it all next year, I can seriously see us in that game in year five of my run here. Five seasons and delivering a Super Bowl to you and the Dolphin fans all over the world. Let’s do this!!!

The argument Gase has to make is that the struggles offensively were due to injuries and due to Tannehill and Osweiler not executing. So he needs to basically make it clear that he attempted adjustments and the QB still failed.

Also has to get rid of Burke

i still say its a pretty weak argument. Tanny is an average qb with decent weapons. An offensive "guru" should be able to overachieve with the talent he's given. Ending as one of the worst 3 offenses in the entire NFL is far and away underachieving IMO. We've had 200 yards of total offense 3 times this month. Thats equal to the entire NFL during that timespan. If you want to make the case that tanny is one of the worst qbs in history, you might have an argument why the offense was so impotent but im not buying it

Basically, say "i cant control an entire team, ill step down as a coach to be the offensive coordinator."

Not really the premise of this thread, but in my mind he's just another OC that cant coach a team. Maybe he would be better with less responsibility.

Should he stay? Eh, no his offense is a train wreck. But thats the most compelling argument to me to save a job.
Such things rarely happen in big business. You don't keep past leaders in lesser roles. Most often it can create all kinds of problems. The correct way would be to get an offensive coordinator and take that from him. I have no real option on the matter, but I would not do that suggested route.

Kill a hooker. Stuff it in Ross' trunk. Be there when Ross finds it. Act surprised and help him dispose of the body. Job for life.

I can only assume Tannenbaum already did something along these lines to dingleberry himself to the organization.
Sounds like you’ve done this before

If you were Gase right now, what measures would you take to attempt to save your job for at least one more season?
“I don’t need to lobby for my job”-

God, I never wanted to punch a HC in the face so much. This entitlement bs is the kind of bs he doesn’t take from his players? Why does he get to feel safe???

Pretty easy. Admit he was wrong about Tannehill. Fire Burke. Give up play calling.

Tannehill is the ticket. Ross might understand that, because Gase inherited Tannehill after others in the organization were fooled, including Ross himself. If I were Gase I would meet privately with Ross and matter of factly detail that Tannehill is nothing but a .500 quarterback who is holding back the team, just like he held back 2011 Texas A&M to 7-6 despite being #8 preseason and favored in all but one game.

I will never understand why more weight is not attached to that 7-6 season at Texas A&M. It is identical to what the Canes experienced this season, and fans are outraged. Miami was #8 preseason and currently sits 7-5 with a bowl game remaining against Wisconsin. The Canes were underdog only once -- at Georgia Tech. There have been quarterback changes and debates galore. And rightfully so. A preseason #8 team that did not change coaches and has almost everybody back is not supposed to struggle like that. Canes message boards have been enraged. Yet the Dolphins years ago saw the same situation and brainstormed we want that 7-6 quarterback with the 8th pick in the draft.

Gase will not give up play calling. Likewise it is the same situation as across town with the Canes. Mark Richt is too stubborn to concede that he should not be directing the offense.

Back
Top Bottom