Z Thomas Just Got Out of Surgery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Z Thomas Just Got Out of Surgery

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Z Thomas Has Surgery

Zach Thomas underwent successful surgery today to debride a tear of the lateral meniscus in his left knee.

Will probably be out 4-6 weeks...

Link

PHEW, you scared me..

On the main page it said Z Thomas just Got....

And i thought it was going to say 'Arrested'
:whew:

I'll say the full 6 weeks....or more.....Zach doesn't need much camp. ;)

bobdroopy said:
PHEW, you scared me..

On the main page it said Z Thomas just Got....

And i thought it was going to say 'Arrested'
:whew:

Funny that is that exact same thing I thought too. Weird, because NOBODY on this team ever get arrested. :D

wonderl33t said:
Why did they wait until so close to camp/???

Probably thought it would heal on it's own and when it didn't they decided to clean it up now.

that totally sucks...

Debridement
The removal of foreign material and dead or damaged tissue.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/medicalglossary/medicalglossary_dl.asp

Thomas will be re-evaluated at the beginning of the team's training camp, scheduled to begin July 31, team spokesman Harvey Greene said. It was not known when was injured.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ured,0,2517277.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

get well soon Zach - as long as he can play a few 1/2 in PS he will be fine.

o well, wut does Zach need the first weeks of TC for neway. I dont think hell b a worse LB without it.

Looks like Eddie Moore could be getting more reps with the first team. Not a bad thing for depth.

Muck said:
Looks like Eddie Moore could be getting more reps with the first team. Not a bad thing for depth.

true, ZT doesnt need the camp snaps that much anyways (at least not at the beginning, maybe some later in TC and PS to shake the rust off) and getting some of the young guys like Moore and Bua in there a little bit can only help us in the long run.

Disnardo said:
It just happened in a workout yesterday...
Zach has had this longer than yesterday. If I remember correctly, Zach had strained his left meniscus in 2002, which is where the debris began. He just aggravated yesterday while doing his workout.

It would be very cool to see Eddie Moore turn out to be a quality player and even give Greenwood a run for his money. Greenwood is like Eddie Jones of the Miami Heat, both guys simply disappear for long stretches during ballgames. That's not good. I often wonder why you never hear them call Greenwoods number during the games telecasts. We could have a better player at Outside Linebacker. Eddie Moore maybe?

If we are lucky he will be very hungry when he gets back after watching other folks hit and he can't. I agree this gives the younger guys more reps in camp and that is a good thing for the team. I can't see how much more chemistry Zach, JR, and Morlon need but getting young guys in with the vets may help us find a diamond in the rough.

Back
Top Bottom