Z Thomas Just Got Out of Surgery | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Z Thomas Just Got Out of Surgery

Muck said:
Looks like Eddie Moore could be getting more reps with the first team. Not a bad thing for depth.
As long as there's no hitting involved , he'll be fine.

Glad to hear this just happened (the injury) yesterday as I, too, was wondering why they would wait this late in the preseason to operate. I hope they give him the six full weeks to recuperate. The team needs Zach and they need his attitude!

BSQX4 said:
It would be very cool to see Eddie Moore turn out to be a quality player and even give Greenwood a run for his money. Greenwood is like Eddie Jones of the Miami Heat, both guys simply disappear for long stretches during ballgames. That's not good. I often wonder why you never hear them call Greenwoods number during the games telecasts. We could have a better player at Outside Linebacker. Eddie Moore maybe?

Greenwood finished 5th in total tackles for the team. I think that is good. Hard to any praise playing beside Zack and Seau; playing behind JT and O-gun, and playing ...etc, etc, ect....

--Ross

BSQX4 said:
It would be very cool to see Eddie Moore turn out to be a quality player and even give Greenwood a run for his money. Greenwood is like Eddie Jones of the Miami Heat, both guys simply disappear for long stretches during ballgames. That's not good. I often wonder why you never hear them call Greenwoods number during the games telecasts. We could have a better player at Outside Linebacker. Eddie Moore maybe?
I think Morlon Greenwood is a solid starter on this team, and doesnt get much credit. With the modest salary he makes i can see him starting on this team for years to come.I dont have any prob with tht at all, i like him on this team. I see Eddies opportunity commin wen Junior retires as oppose to takin anyones job. In a few years its possible our LB corp could be Greenwood,Bua,Moore...wow ths hard to take in. Only time will tell if tht is true tho.

im pretty excited to see Bua in that LB spot during preseason :dedolfan:

more like two weeks and he can practice lightly, contact in about four weeks

That's one cute little kid fint0xicated!! Hope Zach's knee won't come back to haunt him during the season. He really is the heart and soul of this defense!!!

Dolphination73 said:
That's one cute little kid fint0xicated!! Hope Zach's knee won't come back to haunt him during the season. He really is the heart and soul of this defense!!!

Thanx!! I'm really trying to raise him up "the right way" if you know what i mean :D About Zach, I don't think his knee will affect him during the season. That's the whole point behind the surgery if you ask me.

This couldnt have come at a better time, if an injury could be good. If you think about it, guys like Zach really dont need the earlier TC practices to start developing chemistry and learn the plays its already there. This will give us the chance to find out if Moore or Bua really have what it takes to fill in in the future without it costing us a game in the season. I am particularly interested in Bua seeing as how Zach and the FO have had nothing but good things to say about him. When Zach Thomas calls you the next Zach Thomas I get real excited about our future with this guy, unfortunately only time will tell if he has the drive to make that a valid statement.

The morning papers speculate that Greenwood will go inside and Moore/Jenkins will get the reps at SLB. That should give them the reps we've been talking about.

just a cleaning out, two weeks of rest and then he will start to work out, wont see much of him in preseason, will be one hundred percent in about six weeks, marino had this done every year

Ohiophinphan said:
The morning papers speculate that Greenwood will go inside and Moore/Jenkins will get the reps at SLB. That should give them the reps we've been talking about.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ul10,0,6436763.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Coach Dave Wannstedt said starting strongside linebacker Morlon Greenwood would move to the middle if Thomas were out. That means Eddie Moore and Corey Jenkins, draft picks in 2003, will get more repetitions on the strong side during training camp.

So much for the thought that Moore is the top back-up at all three LBer positions.

Back
Top Bottom