Zach Ertz vs. Tyler Eifert: A Metrics Breakdown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Ertz vs. Tyler Eifert: A Metrics Breakdown

Sounds good...totally looking forward to April.

Sorry I do not have enough "meat" for you. However, I did not think I need to have Mel Kiper write ups in order to have a legit conversation about the draft.

Hey, seems like Ansah is driving up draft boards again.

well i guess that means your jumping back on the ansah bandwagon you jumped off of at the senior bowl...as for having a legit conversation about the draft that's fair and i don't think it's too much to ask when someone comes in and makes one liner absolutes to you know explain their position...

well i guess that means your jumping back on the ansah bandwagon you jumped off of at the senior bowl...as for having a legit conversation about the draft that's fair and i don't think it's too much to ask when someone comes in and makes one liner absolutes to you know explain their position...

My quotes on Ansah were consistent and followed what most observers were thinking. They loved him coming into the Senior Bowl week, was less than spectacular in the week of practice...probably thinking too much and when the game came, he let it go and was tremendous.

Check my posts, that is exactly what I thought.

What I am wondering is when you will get on board?

My quotes on Ansah were consistent and followed what most observers were thinking. They loved him coming into the Senior Bowl week, was less than spectacular in the week of practice...probably thinking too much and when the game came, he let it go and was tremendous.

Check my posts, that is exactly what I thought.

What I am wondering is when you will get on board?

you've been consistently all over the map with ansah...check post #3...then check every ansah thread after that pretty much...you're all over the place...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?333115-Ezekiel-Ansah-the-next-Jason-Pierre-Paul

anyways you won't find me on the ansah bandwagon in the 1st round i can promise you that...i stick with my evals on players and i went in to the senior bowl week after watching his tape saying whats the big deal this guys pass rush is one dimensional and raw to boot...this kids jpp comparisons on here were WAY WAY off...he looked like butt in one on one pass rush drills at the senior bowl like i expected only flashed a bull rush pretty much and when he was nullified on his initial move he had no counter...as raw as they come pass rush wise...he doesn't have elite pass rush tools...

and of course people watch the senior bowl game and he's gods gift to the game all the sudden...nevermind that he whipped up on as stiff and off balance a pro tackle prospect as there is in billy wagner of wisconsin or beat up on as bad a blocking te for his size in kasa as i've seen or destroyed another scrub blocking te in otten...who's a disaster in line...

his sack forced fumble was about a qb pretty much running right into the sack holding onto the ball too long in nassib and bailing right into ansahs wheelhouse who was nullified on the initial rush...i get it the kids got talent but his rush arsenal and rush game period is as raw as it comes he doesn't possess any elite pass rush qualities on the edge...he moves well and flows laterally and can run down things and there's no doubt he's got some real upside...but pass rush wise as a win consistently player against nfl tackles i'm not seeing it...and it's not gonna change for me...overrated at this stage

in the game he beat up on guys that are scrubs...

What you call all over the map, I call adjusting my position on what I am seeing. You on the other hand, seem like your ready to draft today and the process of assessing the players has not even finished.

To think that I was the only one observing the draft that did not ebb and flow with Ansah is crazy.

Should be fun to watch over the next few weeks.

Back on TEs. If you really like Eifert or Ertz (personally I like Eifert a bit more), would you package 2b and 3a/3b to move to the back end of the first round and pick Eifert/Ertz? At this stage, not knowing anything about FA, I'd be inclined to. However, there are a lot of good 2/3rd round prospects you could miss out on with the one extra pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
how the heck did i just delete nugaps post??? what the heck...

anyways the question about would you trade up to late round 1 for a te if you need one still for 2b and either 3a/3b...

tough call...if eifert got into the late 20's i would consider it...ertz may fall in your lap at #42...honestly though it depends what these kids run at that plus size as to how high you have to go to get them...either touches 4.5's better be ready to make a serious move up...in the 4.7's one gets to you at #42 imo

both these kids are pretty polished though and i think ready to play from the get go...

if that's a no go and i still need a te i burn my high 3rd rounder on vance mcdonald of rice...

how the heck did i just delete nugaps post??? what the heck...

anyways the question about would you trade up to late round 1 for a te if you need one still for 2b and either 3a/3b...

tough call...if eifert got into the late 20's i would consider it...ertz may fall in your lap at #42...honestly though it depends what these kids run at that plus size as to how high you have to go to get them...either touches 4.5's better be ready to make a serious move up...in the 4.7's one gets to you at #42 imo

both these kids are pretty polished though and i think ready to play from the get go...

if that's a no go and i still need a te i burn my high 3rd rounder on vance mcdonald of rice...

Wow, no idea. Will look into it.

I see a lot of drops with Vance McDonald. Prefer Toilolo, Escobar or Stoneburner. Escobar finally has some video over on draft breakdown.com. Worth a watch- kid has great initial burst and very solid hands. Unlike a lot of receiving TEs, he seems to try hard as a blocker, even if it isn't very pretty.

the hands of mcdonald concerns are valid...but i think they're a little overstated...you couldn't pay me to burn a top 3 round pick on toilolo...escobar is interesting but another guy that if you ask to hold his own as a blocker is a disaster waiting to happen...

the hands of mcdonald concerns are valid...but i think they're a little overstated...you couldn't pay me to burn a top 3 round pick on toilolo...escobar is interesting but another guy that if you ask to hold his own as a blocker is a disaster waiting to happen...

Thought his blocking was solid(ish) against Boise.

that's one area that gronk doesn't get enough credit...he has outstanding soft hands...mcdonald doesn't have those hands but he's got similar movement skills...not as good as gronk in line either

Back
Top Bottom